Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic Procs (Post Devstream #152)

7 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

The upcoming sisters of parvos featuring corpus version of kuva liches will have "super shields" according to DE Rebecca , as she said players might want to mod for magnetic damage then taking on them .

RIP people with negative Impact rivens, haha...

14 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

It does to me. It's already in the game with the Deimos infested and adds diversity and more thinking into the game. People already complain about more purpose of things and this is a great way to mix things up.

There's no thinking in "i know the weakness and using it is the exact same as shooting/hitting them with any other element". It's not "mixing it up" either since it just funnels everyone into the same thing.

But i know you are on a crusade to dumb down ( i say "dumb down" only since you people like saying that, but warframes modding is so simple that anyone could comprehend that more damage = faster rewards) the game into copy-pasting the same for everyone.

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

So rather than solving the "swiss army knife" problem of Viral/Heat/Slash they just make one or two narrow situations where using a frankly superfluous damage type outperformed by a solo element is the best option.

DE are masters of sweeping problems under a rug instead of fixing them.

I mean really at this rate they might as well just make Shields behave exactly like Armor but only effected by Magnetic because going "use this element or GTFO" is the exact opposite extreme of "lol Viral/Heat/Slash go brrr".

To be fair, "correcting" the issue (according to how some of us want it to be corrected) would only shut 100 people up and piss off 10000. Fortuna and Railjack corpus, from my play experience with pub and friends, are wrecking players, especially in SP. DE has already detuned the aggression of enemies a few years ago. The "issue" is not as mainstream as the forum is making it seem. 

4 hours ago, nslay said:

Bleed definitely... but we know robotics and machinery can be affected by the Infestation viruses... so Viral affecting machines seems OK (even if it still seems silly).

EDIT: I mean, I guess they can still "bleed" machine fluids.

Wait...machines can't get viruses???

19 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Ehm... No? Magnetic is made to destroy shields, right now is useless because enemies have a small amount of shields and you can bypass it with toxic.

Magnetic is fine, but it doesn't have any use because you can kill the frail Corpus with a single shot with shield and all.  Its the same thing with Cold. Slowing enemies is something really good, but killing them is a lot easier, so Cold procs are useless.

When you talk about ignoring shields works in the same way with slash and armor. If you dont want play toxin actually magnetic, helps a lot in this case  (nukor meta) Cold works very well against demolysts in disruption

I think it is good that they design a mob with a damage type in mind to counter it. Though I doubt magnetic will be much needed since I cant really imagine the robo-dogs being more durable than a steel path coin dispenser. And those guys go down just fine as is.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Though I doubt magnetic will be much needed since I cant really imagine the robo-dogs being more durable than a steel path coin dispenser.

This is DE we're talking about, they are known for missing their target and hitting something in a different zip code a fair amount of times.

I'm sadly bracing myself for the worst...like them having Magnetic be an encouraged damage type but having Lich type RNG resistances/immunities that can also be Magnetic.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

This is DE we're talking about, they are known for missing their target and hitting something in a different zip code a fair amount of times.

I'm sadly bracing myself for the worst...like them having Magnetic be an encouraged damage type but having Lich type RNG resistances/immunities that can be Magnetic.

They still haven't fixed the fact that Grineer lich resistances are basically flavor text except in the case of Corrosive immunity.

Corrosive will still deal more damage even if they resist it.

But that has more to do with how armor modifiers work than the liches themselves.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

I'm sadly bracing myself for the worst...like them having Magnetic be an encouraged damage type but having Lich type RNG resistances/immunities that can also be Magnetic.

Lmao i didnt think about that....

On 2021-06-06 at 8:30 AM, --F--NerevarCM said:

Ehm... No? Magnetic is made to destroy shields, right now is useless because enemies have a small amount of shields and you can bypass it with toxic.

Magnetic is fine, but it doesn't have any use because you can kill the frail Corpus with a single shot with shield and all.  Its the same thing with Cold. Slowing enemies is something really good, but killing them is a lot easier, so Cold procs are useless.

Pretty much this. We already have some Corpus units that you want to use Magnetic on (the Raknoids in the Orb Vallis come to mind), having more enemies that are vulnerable to it would be very welcome. 

Hopefully DE will give Gas and Blast a once-over, as those are the elements that need some serious help at the moment. Both are supposed to be our main Anti-Infested options and yet they're completely outclassed by Corrosive.  That's not even mentioning their current awful Status Effects. Ice as an element is also not that good, mainly because it lacks the DoT literally every other base element has.

On 2021-06-06 at 9:54 PM, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I don't know, it just rubbed me the wrong way. It just felt like no effort was put into making magnetic better. Instead of making the bad tools better, they made the bad tools necessary for the sake of less effort.

Not only the Magnetic proc. But also the need of Granum Void in creating a Parvos Sister (Corpus Lich). You need to run Granum Void (or at least get in, wait for it to fail, and get out) to make the Sister spawn. And go stab her to make her a queenpin. Why do they have to make it more complicate than Grineer Lich??

Not to mention that it requires Xoris to do it effectively. It's like DE indirectly forcing everyone to have Xoris in hand. I am sure you will see almost everyone using Xoris and/or Mesa for a while after the patch is released.

8 hours ago, (PSN)NotTheWorst1 said:

Every time I think about coming back, DE gives me more reason to stay away. Thanks! I've really been enjoying my other games now that I'm not trapped in Warframe's F2P CCP-owned grindfest nonsense!

Railjack will never not suck, BTW.

I'm just going to be real here for a sec and ask why you would waste your time writing that drama. It's a game bro...just a game. You don't have to find the forums, create a log in, find a thread that fits your "epic" stage lit script and then express your heart out about a video game you actually don't even play. Sorry but that was some extremely over the top hallmark channel stuff and all for a free game too? Just enjoy the other games bruh...just enjoy. Lol!

21 hours ago, Aldain said:

That would be hilarious and sad at the same time! The probability of it happening is also quite high.

Archived