Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Photon Strike Changed?

TheOnlyWarBear

When Vauban first got his rework, Photon Strike became part of his new kit. I love the move, it's a fun way to say "DEATH FROM ABOVE, SKOOM," but I digress. 

It used to travel until it his something and THEN it would go off. It was great.

But now? It goes off after being in the air too long? What gives? 

EDIT: Photon Strike also isn't getting sucked toward Vortex when thrown near or at it. 

I thought the photon being sucked into the vortex was changed on purpose, because it was annoying that vortex would just eat the thing no matter where you tried to throw it.

I haven't noticed any weirdness with it triggering mid-air though I don't use the skill often. Vauban has been pretty buggy for a while though, his tether nades used to pull enemies into a tight little bundle like Larva does but now it barely pulls, most enemies just lye down on the floor and do nothing after they're snared.

21 hours ago, Kunsumption said:

Photon Strike also isn't getting sucked toward Vortex when thrown near or at it. 

It works when you're Host.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I thought the photon being sucked into the vortex was changed on purpose, because it was annoying that vortex would just eat the thing no matter where you tried to throw it.

I wish, but nah, pretty sure it's "just" a Client bug.

BTW, while we're at it, I absolutely despise the hopefully-bug that makes one Vortex suck in other nearby ones.

It happens (again only as Host) if you toss out multiple Bastilles and then trigger the Vortex conversion,
the first-placed Bastille-now-Vortex will suck in the others, massively lowering your area coverage.

So what I've come to understand here is that Vauban is pretty buggy with a few different abilities. Nice :)

Anyway, I've noticed that the tethers linger even after death which isn't that annoying (makes for a good light show) but I'm sure it isn't intentional. I just remember being able to throw Photon Strike as far as any other 'nade Booben has but not anymore. Go on, give it a show and see what I mean.

Archived