Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

there exist a reason because we don't have tactical granades?

LustyBoar

i mean, in almost every game with weapons exist many tipes of them and i don't know if there is a reason because we dont have a exclusive space for them in the arsenal. there exist many type of mechanics to use them in game as a wheel (the tools wheel is to general for this aspect), or a multi launcher as doom. but i just said is weird dont have thoes

yo i mean we are ninjas dude. we must could use smoke granades at least, and there are many types of them fragmentation, plasma, claymores or antipersonal explosives, stun, castanas an talon work as granades too. i just think is weird to not have an esclusive slot for this type of weapons in the arsenal to chose one before any mision or switch betwen them to use those in game :).

One more reason to add this mechanic i think it could make more viable tu use some classic tenno, grineer, or another ballistic weapon as duplets,  bolt action fireguns, some semiautomatic weapons too, to cover a lil bit they fire rate or triger type. 

2 hours ago, LustyBoar said:

i mean, in almost every game with weapons exist many tipes of them and i don't know if there is a reason because we dont have a exclusive space for them in the arsenal.

Most other shoot-y games don't have the slew of abilities (if any) to choose from that Warframe offers.

yo i mean we are ninjas dude. we must could use smoke grenades at least

There are multiple abilities for blinding enemies / enabling stealth / whatnot.

castanas an talon work as grenades too

And yes, there's also that. We have grenade weaponry already.

So, what are these grenades you're asking for supposed to do?

Be as strong for CC etc as regular abilities? As strong in damage as regular weapons?

That level of power seems a bit ridiculous TBH for something we may just slot in our gear wheel,
while anything less will probably just make them no more than a novelty.

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Most other shoot-y games don't have the slew of abilities (if any) to choose from that Warframe offers.

There are multiple abilities for blinding enemies / enabling stealth / whatnot.

And yes, there's also that. We have grenade weaponry already.

So, what are these grenades you're asking for supposed to do?

Be as strong for CC etc as regular abilities? As strong in damage as regular weapons?

That level of power seems a bit ridiculous TBH for something we may just slot in our gear wheel,
while anything less will probably just make them no more than a novelty.

As strong dmg of regular weapons o conpensate some types of triggers of fireweapons or just o cover an aspect of playstile for some warframes with some utility or self defense :) 

3 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Tactical grenades are abilities based on ammunition in other games. The problem is that we have all the abilities based on ammo, so when you play Octavia or Vouban, you use tactical grenades.

I think no every player want to play octavia or vauban just to cover a little aspect of their gameplay with weapons or warframes

6 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

We do have Pherliac pods, which can be pretty useful against the Infested. They're sort of like grenades

I really love them, it work as a disruptive granade as well and they could be added to the new  granade system to enjoy it more quickly Lol :) 

Im 99% we already do have them with the Tonkor, Penta, Ash, Protea, Nova, Vauban, Zhuge, Castanas, Talon, Pox, Corinth and a few more with Adhesive Blast or even more if you stretch the definition.

And slapping even more mechanics to activate through gear wheel is IMO bad.

10 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Im 99% we already do have them with the Tonkor, Penta, Ash, Protea, Nova, Vauban, Zhuge, Castanas, Talon, Pox, Corinth and a few more with Adhesive Blast or even more if you stretch the definition.

And slapping even more mechanics to activate through gear wheel is IMO bad.

Men... you are just... you, not an 99% of nothing xd, and not every player must use your build to play on every situation, some player would use old fire weapons like tigris, marelok, grinlock, etc. and yes, it could be redundant in some cases( with some skills of frames or other weapons as you say) but it could be usefull in others. 

3 minutes ago, LustyBoar said:

Men... you are just... you, not an 99% of nothing xd, and not every player must use your build to play on every situation, some player would use old fire weapons like tigris, marelok, grinlock, etc. and yes, it could be redundant in some cases( with some skills of frames or other weapons as you say) but it could be usefull in others. 

What the hell do you even mean?

Word salad aside point is if you want a tactical grenade in your loadout you already have options. Be it via protea or a kuva tonkor or infested scrotums.

Tonkor is enough by itself and protea too, some other frames and old classic wepons need a little bit of that versatile aspect. You can keep using your boring granade launcher(i really hate tonkor srry xD) , and... Ok i agree protea, vauban, ivara have many tactic armament, but we don need all that espexific force in every moment. But a some tactic equipment could save a player when is overwhelmed

On 2021-06-07 at 6:03 PM, Andele3025 said:

What the hell do you even mean?

Im apologize if misunderstood your words tenno, i appreciate your time. 

Oh hell this was difficult to read, I had to reread your post more then once to get the full idea of what you're trying to say and even then the title was far more helpful in that regard. 

Here's the fundamental problem with what you're asking for, we already have frames and some weapons to handle the "tactical" side of things and yes I can already hear you saying "But I don't want to use those options, just grenades and it will help others who don't want to use the specific frames and use specific weapons that already do this.", but again those options already exist by way of frames and weapons. 

Sure it could work if you created them as secondary weapons but the moment you try to add a "grenade wheel" that's outside of not only your gear wheel you're going to run into problems involving button space on consoles, keyboard could handle this but not everyone wants to use a keyboard. 

Then there's the last issue, "Balance" as from what I could tell you're asking for "tactical grenades" that are just as good as our weapons and frame abilities and not just a neat gimmick. I sometimes feel like some people don't quite realize the mind-numbing aspect of balancing games. 

On 6/14/2021 at 5:34 AM, Lutesque said:

As a Booben Main... I'd be especially Dissapointed if Grenades became ubiquitous in Warframe.... But then that would mean Booben would need another Rework...one that relies less on Tossing His Balls Around !!!!

I don't think much would have changed. Just take the most useless abilities of the frames and remake them as grenades, which would waste, you know, grenades instead of energy. In fact, the more we move away from energy and make abilities economically independent of each other, the better.

Archived