Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm One Of The Cool Guys Now

Dopey

Orthos Prime > Dual Ether > Dual Ichor (more for looks than anything) > Fang Prime > Thrown Melee Weapons > Galatine 

Melee is not a primary form of combat in the game as it stands.  In a pinch when getting knocked around and stunned, Orthos prime saves you, most melee weapons can save you except Galatine and Thrown as they are 100% charge dependent.  While you (even with Mods) charge up to swing on them I have cleared 10 infested that were stunlocking me by holding down my melee macro.  If I need to take down a heavy, quick strike then charge with Orthos Prime /done

/thread

Galatine for fancy number but no real use if you want it to be massive damage and useful against every mob in the game, not just ancients (I have mine formad with max mods on it)

Edited by Nickeltoe

Orthos Prime > Dual Ether > Dual Ichor (more for looks than anything) > Fang Prime > Thrown Melee Weapons > Galatine 

Melee is not a primary form of combat in the game as it stands.  In a pinch when getting knocked around and stunned, Orthos prime saves you, most melee weapons can save you except Galatine and Thrown as they are 100% charge dependent.  While you (even with Mods) charge up to swing on them I have cleared 10 infested that were stunlocking me by holding down my melee macro.  If I need to take down a heavy, quick strike then charge with Orthos Prime /done

/thread

Galatine for fancy number but no real use if you want it to be massive damage and useful against every mob in the game, not just ancients (I have mine formad with max mods on it)

This is probably the worst spread of misinformation I have ever seen on the warframe forums. How could orthos prime save you...if we want to judge what could save you, you shouldn't be using anything dual zorens anyway. And further more how could you think a weapon without an aoe knock down could save you more than the gargantuan range of the galatine? Not to mention melee in general is under powered period. This is why thrown melee weapons are easily the most effective at least in terms of combat efficiency.

This is probably the worst spread of misinformation I have ever seen on the warframe forums. How could orthos prime save you...if we want to judge what could save you, you shouldn't be using anything dual zorens anyway. And further more how could you think a weapon without an aoe knock down could save you more than the gargantuan range of the galatine? Not to mention melee in general is under powered period. This is why thrown melee weapons are easily the most effective at least in terms of combat efficiency.

I think you misunderstand getting stun locked.  Not being able to jump and exploit yourself away with Douchecopters means you were not stun locked.  You only have time to regular melee swing to work your way out of a ancient/leaper/burster lock.

Use and figure it out.  Or continue getting interrupted like all the other Conan the Barbarian fans when swarmed.  Staying at range is not needed in this game unless you only load power mods to increase ability spam and have no defensive mods on so you can feel like a super hero spamming 1-4.  Some folks put on Shields, put on Health, put on Shield regen and do not spam 4 and only ranged abilities.  The orthos cuts through swarms of enemies like butter.  The galatine gets to hit that 1 leaper left over after the orthos prime user jumps into the next group.

Thrown melee is the best?  For what, looking pretty or actually not fighting in close quarters?  It can't deal with groups at all, the orthos basic swing is its power and it has a big hit for those that have to charge every attack too.  Thrown melee does nothing when the enemy is on you and you feel like meleeing your way out.

Funny how most folks either complain about melee being underpowered, complain about Orthos being overpowered or just don't know the uses different items have.  Whatever build site you are following that told you the math on the items seems to be doing you wonders so enjoy your fan fiction of the galatine's "melee" power and how thrown melee is so much better at taking out swarms of enemies than the weapon designed for it.

The Orthos for me, is the best at group melee combat (something most don't do as spamming a power seems to suit 90% of the community better)  It is the 2nd best in damage at charge damage but THE best in charge damage due to speed and how it flows well with the regular melee attack (even less common regular swings since some math nerd said so on a Wiki or site somewhere and it became law to all.)  The glaive, the galatine, the kestrel will never kill as fast and as many enemies in a mission as the Orthos period.  I wanted the galatine to be great, it looks decent (not really for a ninja game), but it just does not have any escape, you get stun locked you are done (except spam 1-4 time), it's regular attack is slow and needs dedicated mod spec to be a 2 handed skana.  It's sweep attack is slow and clumsy and does not cut swaths through enemy groups like the Orthos.

However the galatine and thrown melee is better in one aspect.  Avoid content.  It can sit on your back and do nothing as you run and avoid the content with the best of them.  It even looks prettier when you use it to fall fast to rush past the content faster so you can not kill with it faster.  That is where it outshines the Orthos.  If you want to fight the enemy, you may want t a melee weapon that can kill anything in the game and does not have to luck into group kills.