Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Team Restores Feedback

ALL.CAPS.GUY

to be perfectly honest, team ammo restores (which is the only i've used atm) restore what, like 20 ammo each or something? IMO all team restores should restore a % of (insert type) to all members.

i.e. team ammo should restore 10, 20, or 25 % ammo, not like 20 ammo each or however much. burning off 20 ammo restores for synapse or ignis is just inefficient. especially doing this mid-battle.

same with shield, energy, and health restores. as i said, i've only used the ammo restores, but i'm pretty sure they're all about the same.... energy probably restores what, 15 or 20 energy (which is a little more useful) and health, idk 25-50 hp? that isn't effective enough either (especially when fighting lvl 80+ infested or grineer when the players all have 500+ hp... grineer and infested eat through hp too fast for such little restoration)

easy fix - small, medium, and large restores, for both self and team usage...

small could restore 10% of whichever is being used, medium could restore 20%, large could restore 25 or 30% (30 would be logical)

now, i'm not 100% sure of the numbers, or if they even are % based, but i was in a def mission, ran out of ammo on my synapse, and had to use like 15 to get back up to a reasonable amount of ammo...

these numbers aren't efficient enough. and not everyone is lucky enough to have a trinity on their team.

even then, trinity doesn't do anything for ammo...

when we pay 250k credits for the blueprint, plus 9k per build, and materials used (although using our abundant resources for this is useful), restoring 15-20 ammo per build isn't cost effective.

we're essentially looking at 9k credits plus resources per build, each build (10 pack) is going to be consumed entirely in any given mission to make the use itself worth while.

again, these need to be converted to a % base, like everything else in this game, and if they already are, the numbers themselves need to be reworked a little.

besides, DE could make a couple extra bucks on this... as in i could see small and mediums being available through market and clan-tech for varying pricing (say 150k and 250k credits) while the large is only available through alerts, and market via plat.

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

there are already medium ones in clan research

and i do hope hp ones gives more then that since compared to old system HP ones were 100 each

as for shield ones in old system was a %, maybe even 100%, but since there are varieties for those now i just hope they are in %.

yeah, the clan tech ones and the ones from the market both cost 250k credits (10 pack BP) so i'd imagine they're both the same.

i got the team ammo from the gravidus event, and bought the hp and energy from clan-tech.

clan-tech are all labeled medium (team restore) and resource and credit cost is the same for the ammo i got from the event and the clan tech ones. i haven't yet come across any small or large in game (not even in market)

i still have 7 self-use large health restore, which ur right, is 100 hp. none of the team restores actually say how much is restored. although like i said in OP, the ammo restored was only enough to make me burn something like 15 to get my synapse up to a reasonable amount of ammo.

yeah, the clan tech ones and the ones from the market both cost 250k credits (10 pack BP) so i'd imagine they're both the same.

i got the team ammo from the gravidus event, and bought the hp and energy from clan-tech.

clan-tech are all labeled medium (team restore) and resource and credit cost is the same for the ammo i got from the event and the clan tech ones. i haven't yet come across any small or large in game (not even in market)

i still have 7 self-use large health restore, which ur right, is 100 hp. none of the team restores actually say how much is restored. although like i said in OP, the ammo restored was only enough to make me burn something like 15 to get my synapse up to a reasonable amount of ammo.

my guess is that the small ones are the market ones since would make no sense to research something you can get without research

From the number you had to use, it sounds like you weren't close enough to the thing or waiting for all the pulses to activate. 30 ammo per pulse (when it comes to rifles such as the Synapse), five pulses per pack, you shouldn't have had to use more than four or five to fully replenish your ammunition on a completely empty weapon.

the clantech ones seem to restore 4x as much as the market ones.

clantech ammo: 80sniper 240pistol 320rifle ??shotgun.

clantech health: 400 health

haven't done much testing on the shield/energy ones yet. (note: divided over 4 pulses)

market ones could definitely use a bit of a buff tho - they always feel so worthless.

From the number you had to use, it sounds like you weren't close enough to the thing or waiting for all the pulses to activate. 30 ammo per pulse (when it comes to rifles such as the Synapse), five pulses per pack, you shouldn't have had to use more than four or five to fully replenish your ammunition on a completely empty weapon.

the clantech ones seem to restore 4x as much as the market ones.

clantech ammo: 80sniper 240pistol 320rifle ??shotgun.

clantech health: 400 health

haven't done much testing on the shield/energy ones yet. (note: divided over 4 pulses)

market ones could definitely use a bit of a buff tho - they always feel so worthless.

if this is how they work, then why doesn't the description just say "restores XYZ ammo per second, for 5 seconds" or whatever?

but like i mentioned before, the ammo one i have was received from the event, maybe it works differently? it is very possible, though, that i didn't wait long enough for said "pulses" - which again, doesn't seem effective enough, because there will always be people like me using them mid-battle when their weps are dead empty and need more than 30 ammo to take out the hoard of enemies in front of them.

also, based on carillion's post, i should off my event one and buy the clan tech ammo restore?

The drops pulse. Every pulse gives a certain amount, up to 4 pulses.

The Medium Ammo restore in the clan tech gives up to 360? total, which is more than adequate. Pulses 4 every 7.5 so it takes 22.5 seconds.

The Medium HP restore gives 100x4, which is more than enough. 15 seconds, 4 pulses per 5 seconds.

Medium shield gives 100x4. Useless. 15 seconds.

Medium energy gives 50x4. Awesome. 15 seconds.

If you're running into battle with very little ammo and dropping a restore at your feet expecting it to solve your problems, you're doing it wrong. It would be best to drop it at your feet, wait the 20-30 seconds, and THEN run into battle. Think before you run into battle. The 4 pulses are blatantly showing that the items aren't your get-out-of-trouble-for-free rides. They're not meant to instantly give you everything you need when you need it, they're meant to slowly resupply you when you're out of combat or you're in combat but you have enough energy/hp/ammo/shield to wait for the 4 pulses.

Plus, the medium ones are very good anyways. The initial pulse on the energy gives 50, which is enough to activate an ability. The initial pulse on ammo is 80 or 90, which is enough to give you a couple clips. I would highly recommend them if you have a problem with ammo.

Also, if you have a problem with ammo, you may wish to reconsider your mods and the fights you pick. Running out of ammo is a sign that your weapons are clearly not adequate to fight off the enemy (with the exception of running out of ammo after a long time of shooting an ammosink weapon, which is completely understandable. Even Ignis has that problem). I never run out of ammo, and when I feel close to running out (which is 300-400 rifle rounds left), I switch to my pistol for a minute and my rifle ammo maxes out. If you can, try to find an ammo mutation mod.

Edited by Trainer772