Mystery of the Missing Coil-Drives

THE COIL-DRIVES have disappeared from the Orb Valis! I ran my Necromech there a lot this weekend and NOT ONE Coil-Drive patrolled or showed its circular face. No patrols unloading troops, no Murder-Drives showing up to blast me. They're just GONE. So...is the Corpus running out of money to replace them? Should we start a GoFundMe?

Someone mentioned this on the PS stream the other week. Marcus said he'd look into it, but nothing has been posted about it.

It feels like they've been gone for a while though, I can't remember the last time I saw one that wasn't part of a mission.

Hopefully they'll be back and bothering us again soon!

5 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

They've realized that it's an awful design.  They're coming up with something more reasonable though.  Supposedly the final orb mother will be on roller blades.

Can't wait to play Jet Grind Radio in Warframe.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)SLUSHOMATIC62 said:

...is the Corpus running out of money to replace them? Should we start a GoFundMe?

just take a look at your sentence again: the Corpus.... running out of money? that would literally be the last possible way they could ever fail at something. money is everything to them, and they pretty much own all the money. funding is never an issue, they go into battle with the latest laser weapons for god's sake...

in game explanation: it's probably a bug.

in-world explanation: a parts shortage or an attack on a Coil Drive factory that has greatly disrupted production. the attack could have been carried out by the Solaris, with the Aid of the Tenno... who knows... all I know is the smoldering wreckage of an industrial plant behind me is completely unrelated... and those Coil Drives were scrapped before I got here.. honest!

Archived