Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic System Sucks And It's Boring

Soii14

vor 18 Stunden schrieb quxier:

I'm playing solo (pc/internet issues) so I cannot do radshare. I know they are more or less ok (I used to do few runs to get what I need).

Still... if Solo is an option then it should require reasonable number of radiants to get uncommon/rare stuffs. In 27 runs I got only 1 rare/uncommon stuffs (I don't count uncommon formas bp).

I don't do runs for Rares. Even uncommon is questionable.

You can check my profile... interesting.

Back to the topic:

I've been playing this game for a long time. I used to play it with other people. I've gathered lot of prime parts and I used to sell syndicate weapons (even 40-50 for 100k standing), mods and arch-stuffs. Even stuffs like Serration were for 50+ plat as fair I remember.

I've trouble playing with group since they changed requirements (DX10). I've been playing Solo since then. However I'm not new player (in experience and in day played) so some stuffs to sell and few things I could grind to sell. For me buying every non-prime frames since Octavia wasn't big problem. But you know... it's around 3-4 years per ~12 frames.

For solo players with much less days played it will be much harder. I would probably say goodbye to this game if I had to just do relics. Of course playing with groups is different topic.

Does OP want all stuffs? Maybe s/he wants only few? I gathered all stuffs for different reasons but I don't use probably 90-95% of them. If it wasn't for this MR benefits then I would probably get maybe 10-20% of all items.

So the real issue is not the loot system, but the fact that you can't or won't play in groups. The thing is, if your video card doesn't support DX11 then the problem is on your end. Since DX11 is now a minimum requirement the moment when you will not be able to login anymore is near.  Not could, not might but it will happen.Then your access to prime loot drops to zero.

What will you do then, complain on the forums how unfair your potato PC is being treated?

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Teridax68:

And this means it needs to be needlessly inconvenient... why? You seem to have forgotten the "game" aspect of Warframe, and while one could perhaps argue that there is a link between inconvenience tied to relics and DE's income for Primes in Prime Access or Prime Vault, there is little direct monetary incentive for DE to make Prime parts harder to obtain when those aren't covered by either.

This is clearly untrue when there are demonstrably inconvenient components to the system that are not essential to its function, as pointed out above.

How would either result from the suggestion I proposed? Slippery slope arguments in general are already fallacious to begin with, but in this particular case you did not even make the minimum effort to draw any sort of link between my proposal and the diametrically opposite catastrophes you listed. These sorts of hysterics are overused on these forums by people who have no valid means of arguing against something they personally dislike, and when applied to concrete changes like Scarlet Spear letting players choose which Arcanes to farm, or DE letting us acquire certain Riven mods more easily and drastically altering the dispositions on weapons, the doomsayers have been proven wrong every single time.

You may want to honestly ask yourself if you are among those people, because it sounds like your intent here is less to have an intelligent debate, and more to just bully people. Yeah, the OP was a bit ranty, but there nonetheless was a point there that clearly appealed to some people and served as the basis for valid discussion. You yourself did not even bother to have a conversation with the OP, you just insulted them and raked in the easy upvotes. If your goal is to truly change people's minds, you may want to try developing your arguments a bit more, and not dismiss and belittle people as your first move, because the latter especially is precisely what gets people to see you as unworthy of changing their opinions. If, by contrast, your only objective is to make yourself feel better by bringing down easy targets and getting hollow validation from internet strangers, by all means keep doing what you're doing.

That you are failing to understand is that DE might just take one of the systems from other F2P games. Something like limiting a player to just open one relic per day, unless a relic access pass is purchased for platinum. That is what might happen and again the system is already quite generous. If you are unable or unwilling to use the options you have for prime loot, then the issue is you.

53 minutes ago, Prexades said:

So the real issue is not the loot system, but the fact that you can't or won't play in groups.

Game offers you to play solo. I could beat most of the game solo (I haven't REALLY tried Eidolons, Orbs, RJ and maybe few other things). And it's not the case of "overcompliation" as in RJ where you probably could do alone but.... in solo you have to do many things yourself. With Fissures I can easily beat it solo but some RNG tells me I "lol, nope, no uncommon/rare stuffs for you".

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

The thing is, if your video card doesn't support DX11 then the problem is on your end. Since DX11 is now a minimum requirement the moment when you will not be able to login anymore is near.  Not could, not might but it will happen.Then your access to prime loot drops to zero.

What will you do then, complain on the forums how unfair your potato PC is being treated?

I'm not so sure but it seems my video card support dx 11 (at least DXdiag says so). However that's not a problem. If I cannot run WF anymore then I may upgrade my PC (or something) or just move to other games. I'm not complying about game performance. I just explained it from my experience. Some players could have other issues (I heard some players could play with group) or just likes to play Solo (because they get bad/troll teams or something).

21 hours ago, Prexades said:

That you are failing to understand is that DE might just take one of the systems from other F2P games. Something like limiting a player to just open one relic per day, unless a relic access pass is purchased for platinum. That is what might happen and again the system is already quite generous. If you are unable or unwilling to use the options you have for prime loot, then the issue is you.

Just because something isn't the literal worst possible does not mean it cannot be allowed to be made better. By that same inane reasoning, we could have the second-worst possible grind in a video game and you'd still argue we'd have to be grateful, simply because it could be worse. Threatening that DE may make things worse for us is as baseless as it is irrelevant to a discussion on how the Relic system could be improved.

Similarly, prattling on about how those suggesting improvements are "unable or unwilling" to grind the current system is a straw man, based on exactly nothing said here: I grind relics, as presumably does the OP and every other player. Suggesting to improve this system isn't being "unable or unwilling" to use it, it stems precisely from its use.

Archived