Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 8 is harder than it should be!

AntBurnt

I know that by writing here on this subject qualifies me as professional noob and I fully agree with that.

This week I finally unlocked the Mastery Rank 8 test and by today's try I failed it for the third time. I failed the first 2 attempts because I didn't practiced at all, I just jumped into it with no ideea of what I'm doing. But on today's test (third attemp) I tried my best! (I practiced 10 times before, 12 with the previous failed attempts, even built a mod config just for bullet jumps, double jump, sprint speed and air gliding), but no, of course I failed it the third time, and not because it was hard of something, and because I was very excited or very nervous and my hands were shaking af

And why? you may be asking, the reason is simple, you have to grind useless weapons in onslaught or hydron untill you get crazy in order to get a mastery rank (unlocked). You also have just a few lives (4 including 0 left) and due to a slip (caused by the inevitable handshake) you lose 1 whole perfect run (I literally fell off just before finish platform because my pinky hurts from holding shift and it wasn't able press ctrl in time). I have many ideeas about this subject and would feel great just if DE takes a fast look.

Why are failed attempts causing a 24h cooldown when it could be just a 30min one (enough time to EXERCISE, said very harshly not even by Lotus itself, but by her uncharming oridis purple replica). Why can't you have more lives than 4? (It could by a thing like more revives during missions or a operator mod or something, Imagine having 9 lives, something that would sound like: Kavat lives, or something (and if you fail 10 consecutive times it would really be needed (and understand) the role of a 24h cooldown.

Why can't you boost up that time with plat? (It literally takes less time to get a tradeable item(s) worth above 20 platinum than waiting 24h) Think DE, think... GROFIT!!! (Yes, I just gave a meaning to gross profit). Idk what I'm saying anyway, my hands are still shaking even after 20 minutes from the failed attempt.

Here in Europe is midnight and the Mastery Rank 8 test being the last thinh I did, my dissapointment is imesurable and my whole day is ruined. Hope you found this article entertaining due to the exagerated effort put into it for such a small reason.

So... The thing with "practice" is, you don't practice until you're "somewhat maybe capable of doing it when lady luck decides to back you up". You practice until you can do it.

I never took the test before i can ace the practice at least three times in a row. One time successful, next one finalizing my strategy, and one last time to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I haven't failed a single mr test in my warframe career. 

If your strategy still not failproof, then it's not a good strategy yet. Youtube videos are good source to see how others did it.

===========

Lastly, i just said this on another thread: people who only do one thing in warframe will be the most frustrated people. You're mr7, what are you doing in hydron? You got better things to do than just farming MR. Look for mods, farm some frames. Make a to-do list of the stuff that you want. MR will come naturally as you progress.

People with to-do list, even when they fail MR test, they'll just move on to the next thing on their list while waiting for tomorrow. You on the other hand, are so laser focused to raise your mr, spent so much efforts to "rank useless weapons", so when it fails, you lost everything and compelled to vent on the forum.

Try to desire a couple of stuff and juggle trying to get them every day. Don't just farm rush one of them until you got burned out. If one thing doesn't work, juggle to the next item.

===========

But imma end on a good note. I can agree if people should be allowed to pay to bypass the failed MR test wait time. Grofit indeed, but still profit.

Farm less, play more. and get more comfortable in movement. No jump or glide mods needed, its a teeny stage in comparison to say some Jupiter rooms. Just happened to have some extra sprint though, Had to check after completion since I haven't really played much in the last year.

This test is not horrible at all and there is no timer so you do not need to rush it. Wait till you try the mr9 test. That is also doable but need you some timing, target management. I won't spoil it if you want you can practice before doing any test.

MR8 test is one of the easier ones really.  I don't even know what to tell you.  Like others have said, you don't need any special mods for it.  There's no timer so I don't know why you're shaking.  Heck, you don't even need to sprint, so you can lay off the shift key since that seems to be causing you pain.  Though you may want to lay off games entirely for a bit if your finger is that sensitive.  You seem to be causing yourself harm.

You should have already learned to bullet jump pretty well at this point, but now you must learn if you wish to continue.  It only gets harder from here.

18 hours ago, AntBurnt said:

Here in Europe is midnight and the Mastery Rank 8 test being the last thinh I did, my dissapointment is imesurable and my whole day is ruined. Hope you found this article entertaining due to the exagerated effort put into it for such a small reason.

I look forward to hearing your complaints about MR 9 sneaking test.

I dunno what to say , so much wrong here.

Please try not to rush your MR you will only feel burnout ,

Do not waste time in hydron or other xp farms this early. Just play the game and complete nodes , the mastery will be filled automatically.

Explore the game , find mods , try weapons in actual missions , unlock missions , join a clan , actually master the Parkour system , or do a hundred other things.

This is not a game to be finished in under 100 hours , it is something you play for a very very long time so there is no need to try to cram all your gameplay in a short span.

As to the actual test , you need to practice until you are certain and can complete it comfortably, not when you manage to barely finish it.

Keep practicing.

guessing you never played Doom: Eternal.. that game has many levels with parts where you have to "make" the path by shooting a switch while flying through the air, often at quite some speed. 

23 hours ago, AntBurnt said:

Hope you found this article entertaining due to the exagerated effort put into it for such a small reason.

some advice:

- don't sweat MR rank too much, I'm MR30 and while the bonuses for void traces and such can be nice, it's otherwise a meaningless number, plenty Tenno are equally/more skilled than me even with a lower number,

- practice makes makes perfect, keep doing the test over and over in practice mode until you're confident you can do it each time, and when you go for the real run, don't put pressure on yourself, treat it like another practice run.

- not sure what you're using to shoot the orbs, but something with AoE or a high rate of fire might help, as you won't need to worry as much about precise shooting, so you can focus more on your parkour. 

On 2021-06-08 at 8:21 AM, AntBurnt said:

And why? you may be asking, the reason is simple, you have to grind useless weapons in onslaught or hydron untill you get crazy in order to get a mastery rank (unlocked).

This here is your problem, you're mindlessly afking in Hydron learning absolutely NOTHING about how to PLAY the game. You're just another MR 20+ clueless noob in the making if you continue this way. This test is INCREDIBLY EASY the fact you failed it means you've learnt absolutely zero about how to play the game.

Why are failed attempts causing a 24h cooldown when it could be just a 30min one (enough time to EXERCISE, said very harshly not even by Lotus itself, but by her uncharming oridis purple replica). Why can't you have more lives than 4? (It could by a thing like more revives during missions or a operator mod or something, Imagine having 9 lives, something that would sound like: Kavat lives, or something (and if you fail 10 consecutive times it would really be needed (and understand) the role of a 24h cooldown.

Because it's designed to make you take your time, Warframe is not game you should rush through, you will learn nothing and will not become good at the game.

Why can't you boost up that time with plat? (It literally takes less time to get a tradeable item(s) worth above 20 platinum than waiting 24h) Think DE, think... GROFIT!!! (Yes, I just gave a meaning to gross profit). Idk what I'm saying anyway, my hands are still shaking even after 20 minutes from the failed attempt.

Because that would be pathetic. You say your day was ruined but you want to gain a sense of achievement by paying for it? REALLY?? You'd feel proud of that would you?

If your entire day is ruined or governed by what you achieve in a video game I think there's more problems than not passing an MR test in your life.

On 2021-06-08 at 6:21 AM, AntBurnt said:

I know that by writing here on this subject qualifies me as professional noob and I fully agree with that.

This week I finally unlocked the Mastery Rank 8 test and by today's try I failed it for the third time. I failed the first 2 attempts because I didn't practiced at all, I just jumped into it with no ideea of what I'm doing. But on today's test (third attemp) I tried my best! (I practiced 10 times before, 12 with the previous failed attempts, even built a mod config just for bullet jumps, double jump, sprint speed and air gliding), but no, of course I failed it the third time, and not because it was hard of something, and because I was very excited or very nervous and my hands were shaking af

And why? you may be asking, the reason is simple, you have to grind useless weapons in onslaught or hydron untill you get crazy in order to get a mastery rank (unlocked). You also have just a few lives (4 including 0 left) and due to a slip (caused by the inevitable handshake) you lose 1 whole perfect run (I literally fell off just before finish platform because my pinky hurts from holding shift and it wasn't able press ctrl in time). I have many ideeas about this subject and would feel great just if DE takes a fast look.

My advice, turn sprint toggle on so you don’t have to hold it down, and move whatever you have on control somewhere else. The game is way too fast paced to be relying on your pinky.

Also ! Wtf are you doing grinding mr on Hydron at mr8 ?

Go play the game for crying out loud ! You have soooo much to do, but you're already farming mr like if you were an endgame player with everything unlocked...

You're supposed to grind it passively, while doing some other things. Go max syndicates, farm prime parts, finish the starchart, do the many quests, farm all the frames twice for helminth, etc etc etc...

Well if you spent most of your time on Hydron and ESO then it's no surprise you're not good at the game.

I recall this challenge as well. I also remember that I didn't know enough about movement in warframe when I did it.

My suggestion is to go to the codex and play the movement instruction missions.

If you're nervous, don't do the test. Practicing is good of course.

This is one of the easier mastery tests.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

I look forward to hearing your complaints about MR 9 sneaking test.

I too believe in mild mocking of those who are in need of some exercise and patience training, and definitely believe in not lowering the bar on the early MR exams. So, DE falling short and not telling them "NO!" it falls to the rest of us to throw some peer pressure on them. Carry on with some moderate bashing.

But sneaking does not really have anything to do with MR9. It is a cheese test, knowing how to bend and avoid the rules, including cheating the "intent", i.e. show that you have learned some things that are useful for spy missions - provided you understand the value of no-alarms drops.
MR19 is very similar (silent extermination) with the added goal of prisoner extraction. On that one it pays to note one of the wierdnesses of warframe graphics: the shadows of many things are visible through floors (including enemy units and breakables). That is, if you are on the floor below, you can see their shadow when looking up.

Getting offtopic here, but that is naturally a flaw that should be fixed, if for nothing else than increasing framerate and "correctness".
That they are visible, tells us that a lot of things are (needlessly?) being visibility tested, and their shadows calculated and projected anyway (despite failing a visibility test). Wasting effort, increasing frametime, lowering framerate.
Probably highly related to some of the wildly-wierd-lighting issues.

18 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Please try not to rush your MR you will only feel burnout ,

Do not waste time in hydron or other xp farms this early. Just play the game and complete nodes , the mastery will be filled automatically.

Think a lot of you are forgetting what it is like to have low MR. They look for good weapons, maybe even ask. Then they learn that much of the nice stuff is MR10-12-14+.
This guy is likely one of those. I certainly was. MR12 was one of my major goals, though I have long forgotten which weapon I was trying to unlock.

In that perspective 0-9..12+ are just annoying roadblocks to get out of the way asap, so you can begin playing the game they way you want and get off the MR grind train. So those Tenno will go for affinity farms because that gets them past those hurdles faster - eating a lot of horrible greens first, to get a lot of steak.

4 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

My suggestion is to go to the codex and play the movement instruction missions.

This is not even needed anymore after the Starting Mission change to include the cinematic. It shows you how to bullet Jump and Aimglide.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

This is not even needed anymore after the Starting Mission change to include the cinematic. It shows you how to bullet Jump and Aimglide.

Ah that's cool, but these missions from the codex are better for repeatable practice. And it does more than bullet jump and aim glide. It also includes things like wall latch and wall hop among others. Early in the game these things aren't necessary to master. I remember I didn't use much of them when I was starting out. So if they don't become part of your routine then using them for a mastery test can be a bit tough.

1 hour ago, Morteno said:

Think a lot of you are forgetting what it is like to have low MR. They look for good weapons, maybe even ask. Then they learn that much of the nice stuff is MR10-12-14+.

This guy is likely one of those. I certainly was. MR12 was one of my major goals, though I have long forgotten which weapon I was trying to unlock.

In that perspective 0-9..12+ are just annoying roadblocks to get out of the way asap, so you can begin playing the game they way you want and get off the MR grind train. So those Tenno will go for affinity farms because that gets them past those hurdles faster - eating a lot of horrible greens first, to get a lot of steak.

Rubbish ,

the game is to be played to be entertained, if you are getting frustrated it is clearly not what you should be doing.

And while fun can be different for different people the MR lock is not a hard lock , it can be bypassed with platinum purchase of the weapon.

The OP himself is requesting a means to pay his way out of completing the test and asking (of all things) player revives? so clearly platinum acquisition is not an issue. He is having more enthusiasm than patience (and if you lack patience or deep pockets then this game may not be for you).

The MR tests are absolutely a roadblock, they are intended to test you , and to keep you engaged a little longer for the sake of business.

Getting to MR 15 in 15 days by farming the same spot wont make you better at the game (though you will probably pick up some tactics if you look and learn and not just go AFK) , you will only feel frustrated once you get the weapon and realise you dont have the mods to actually use it well.

Your time will be better spent doing other missions and gaining actual understanding of the game (and mods and other mats) in the early stages.

The very fact that they are failing MR 8 , a parkour based test without any time limit, shows they are not ready for whats to come (i am not sure how they will manage some of the larger jupiter tilesets with practically no floors).

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I didn't remember anything about the starter mission by the time I took the MR 8 test... Unless you're rushing, there will be quite some time between when you first started the game and the MR 8 test!

You can actually comfortably play most of the star chat without bullet jumping or wall walking. Maybe DE should put some Gas City-style parkour obstacles in all tiles so that you are really forced to learn and use these maneuvers. 

Am 8.6.2021 um 00:21 schrieb AntBurnt:

yes ... and many tests have nothing to do with the usual way of playing .....
besides, mr8 is for beginners. it should mostly only be ext missions. In other words: it should test how good your gear is. and not how well you can hop with certain mods with a certain warframe ...

Archived