Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scenery on Dog Days missions is unbearably bright

I know you guys won't probably care enough to pay any attention to it and change smth, but I want to inform you that it's too painful to play the ongoing event missions when everything tries to flashbang you, wherever you look. 
Yes, it's just 20 mins of suffering which is not really a big cost, but I thought the core purpose of LTM is a little different.

Yes, graphics settings are all maxed; the engine - enhanced. No, 'Bloom off' doesn't do much of a difference.

Having the same issue here tonight. It's so bright that it's tough to see when you need to reload or where you're even aiming. Would be nice if the brightness was turned down just a bit.

During last year's event the map wasn't this bad, it was rightfully bright as to recreate a bright sunny day on the beach but now it looks terrible. Queue in the brightness changes and the bugs introduced sometime after 2020's event and many things in game are overexposed and washed out.

Some glaring examples:
Your Warframe and operator in your ship are extremely bright and overexposed compared to the same time last year (the exposure needed a bump but not that much.)
The Corpus Outpost Index map was so overexposed the skybox couldn't be seen at all (fixed.)
The operator and Warframe in viewing a player's profile were extremely overexposed (bugged several months then fixed once, bugged and then fixed again.)

I'm not the only one then... I thought it's on my end, tried everything... something is #*!%ed up badly on the game side, wasn't like this year ago. 

If you have the option "Black Equalizer" in your monitor I suggest lowering it up from 10 (default) to as low as 5, cause the game on default one is oversaturated badly... 

It's definitely not supposed to be this overexposed and washed out. I was hoping they fixed the lighting today when the hotfix mentioned "Fixed various probe lighting issues." Turns out it's still the same. I hope they fix it since I don't want to even play it if I'm just going to be blinded the whole time.

I posted some comparisons of how it's supposed to look in this thread:

On 2021-06-11 at 6:16 AM, xXkrentonXx said:

how about volumetric lighting off and glare off? and effects intensity set to 60. 

Setting Volumetric Lighting and Glare to off does get rid of the overbearing sunlight in the sky, but the ground will still be overexposed until you turn Brightness way down.

Spoiler

9Vj0ITX.jpg

cg4gT0O.jpg

cg4gT0O.jpg

iLyPsRz.jpg

atH6m7X.jpg

ZPSxRjP.jpg

Spoiler

Pevtzv9.jpg

wpWbZje.jpg

jLG840h.jpg

qpdI8nD.jpg

GPU GT1030 2GB 

It looks nice but... some video options seem to be performed after restarting the game however some maps and tilesets with weird shaders and lighting.

The latest corpus maps seem to be more pleasing in global illumination but minimal settings have exaggerated lighting; this is probably associated with some internal configuration between:
lightspot<>specular<>worldcolor<>worldbackground

This wasn't so much of a problem one year ago because we used to have the option to disable the eye cancer. DE went and removed it entirely. See here:

It's because of this that I haven't even attempted this year's summer event, nor have I even looked at any of the railjack void stuff because of how migraine-inducingly painful void storms were reported to be.

On 2021-06-15 at 9:46 AM, DoomFruit said:

This wasn't so much of a problem one year ago because we used to have the option to disable the eye cancer. DE went and removed it entirely. See here:

It's because of this that I haven't even attempted this year's summer event, nor have I even looked at any of the railjack void stuff because of how migraine-inducingly painful void storms were reported to be.

Yeah... I've posted about that and tried to get them to make it a toggle again but it still hasn't happened. However the event last year was after they forced this change and it was perfectly fine when I played. That's what I don't understand.

Something got screwed up this year specifically.

Archived