Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intermission 3 ending?

Pinegulf

There is no date for the ending of the intermission, since they are focusing all their resources on mainline stuff (right now sisters of parvos update, the new war, tennocon). It was hinted on last devstream that possibly they'll add new stuff to this intermission if it runs long enough (or at least that's waht I got from Steve words).

Tags are now required to clarify the threads even more, probably to ease up searchs functions.

I believe they have given up on the intermissions being used for storytelling as per latest devstream,

but they dont even have a bare bones new season for it ,so i do not expect it anytime soon.

They will also give a 1 month warning before it ends , dont expect it before tennocon though.

probably not goign to end until fall if I had to guess, but it could easily go on for much longer than that.

DE said they're gonna be changing up Nightwave due to it being too resource intensive to work on at the same time as other content (who saw that one coming, right?), so IMO it should just become like a regular Battlepass, where playing and completing challenges gets you credits for cosmetics and such, without worrying about narratives. Nora can still make an appearance in actual story quests, at this point I think most Tenno know who she is.

5 hours ago, Pinegulf said:

Current intermission has been running since 1st of February. Has there been any word on new series?

Edit: Wait, what? Tags are now required field? Why?

Latest Devstream the question was asked

DE basically said: that coming up with new Story and Quests and Cinematics for Nightwave was too much work when they also need to work on game updates like Sisters, Duvari, etc. So they aren't working on it atm and have no clue when intermission will end.

ie: Nightwave is over forever (because there will Always be another Main Content Update taking priority), they de-facto gave up on adding new chapters.

Honestly it seems to me that when DE introduced NW, they should have committed a set amount of resources/workhours to maintaining it. If they wanted it to be a core part of gameplay, then it should have been given a dedicated team and schedule, separate from Future Content Updates work. None of this, 'we're too busy, gonna ignore it for now' excuses.

I never expected DE to be able to maintain Nightwave and still make "regular" content updates, they got 3 or 4 seasons out of it (I don't recall how many and too lazy to check) and its all been recycled since season 2. 

I hope they continue to have long waits between Nightwaves. Whenever a new one comes out it's far to easy to burn out and lose all interest in the game for a long while. Knowing there's a long gap between releases allows us to take it easy and go through at our own pace without feeling like we must rush it and burn ourselves out. After the first few releases I stopped playing for quite a few months after, and at one point most of a year. I personally do not find bounties like "do X of X, or kill X raid boss", mine X rare gem, fish X rare fish" fun. Those really suck out my will to play the game, while I know there's the argument of "just don't do it then!", but then you're missing out on X exclusive items, or high value materials like umbra forma. Maybe missing out on exclusive items isn't much concern for some, but there's still things that have came out before I started playing that have not returned. The wait for such items is long and I'd rather not be waiting on even more, better to burn out then miss out.

Archived