General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

MY EYES!!!!!! Dog days map brightness is a sick joke

the brightness of this map is just too much, it is a pain to play, also the vignette sucks who wants to play with tunnel vision

default brightness and contrast 

Spoiler

2021-06-07-23-22.png

this is how it looks with  low brightness

Spoiler

2021-06-07-23-23.png

and this is how it looks with low brightness and contrast

Spoiler

2021-06-07-23-24.png

can you fail any harder DE, do sunglasses are going to be a requirement to play this game... oh boy I get it now  you want people to wear sunglasses to make the event more immersive LOL

Come one DE it will be nice it for once you prioritizes gameplay over your now crappy "artistic" "vision"

• Like 3

14 hours ago, technozorro said:

default brightness and contrast 

Hide contents

2021-06-07-23-22.png

That looks perfectly fine to me. Just a representation of a nice sunny afternoon. You must have your brightness on your monitor turned up to 11.

• Like 2

I noticed it was brighter, same thing as you, altough in my 1st match i instantly saw someone asking for "1 min" since he couldn't see anything due to the brightness, so i guess it affects players in a different way, maybe certain settings and monitor combos?

• Like 2

As a veteran of this event I can confirm they broke the lighting. This is not how it's supposed to look by any measure.

This is how it looked in 2019 when it was introduced:

Spoiler

eOR7TTx.jpg

And this is how it looked just last year:

Spoiler

UXINQJq.png

This is how it looks NOW:

Spoiler

QY7ClFP.jpg

Note that my graphics settings and graphics card have stayed the same across the last 2 years. Brightness and contrast are set to the defaults, bloom is at minimum. The only thing that changed is the switch to the "Enhanced" Engine. So I even tried turning Enhanced Graphics off to see if that was the problem. It changed nothing except the water reflections turning black:

Spoiler

RCodCVs.jpg

Weirder still is that the Captura scene still has the normal 2019 lighting:

Spoiler

mflGeb4.jpg

This is extra confirmation that it's a lighting problem at the map level, not the user level. My friends are reporting the same also. DE, please fix this.

Edited by Fireshock
  • Like 2

Here is what it looks like in HDR Mode from Warframe options. Used ReShade to reverse the effects of Vignette or dark edges. With HDR monitor/Tv, turn on Windows 10 HDR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihsieLpFakI

The crappy Vignette or dark edge gray clipping makes this look bad. Gray clipping is when it does not go brighter then gray, which will often look bad. The display monitors/TV are capable of going brighter then gray. Remove Vignette and properly fix the brightness. Minimize any white clipping from too much light, and especially avoid gray clipping.

• Like 1