Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur prime skin needs to be reworked

Rexiak

Updating something nobody has been able to buy for 7 years will, quite reasonably, not go over well.  We don't need another flare up of founders hate over Ex Prime. 

Use the anniversary Dex skin for the torso, and the prime helmet and Ex Prime looks just fine.

il y a 43 minutes, .Fire_Fly. a dit :

You got what you paid for now your stuck with it. Enjoy

Well then you shouldn't expect any updates of warframe at all, cuz you "paid for what you got", yunno? Just get stuck by playing old content without any updates, that's the stuff you got, you shouldn't receive anything. Big brain time, Bob.

il y a 14 minutes, Phatose a dit :

Updating something nobody has been able to buy for 7 years will, quite reasonably, not go over well.  We don't need another flare up of founders hate over Ex Prime. 

Use the anniversary Dex skin for the torso, and the prime helmet and Ex Prime looks just fine.

Is a revising a thing that's 8 years old is something terrible? Well... Sadge.

8 minutes ago, Sprottheim said:

Well then you shouldn't expect any updates of warframe at all, cuz you "paid for what you got", yunno? Just get stuck by playing old content without any updates, that's the stuff you got, you shouldn't receive anything. Big brain time, Bob.

It’s free too play like you know????

il y a 3 minutes, .Fire_Fly. a dit :

Yes like fix mag or frost something every can get and enjoy!!!?!?

ps I’m not even mad lol I’m enjoying this convo it’s fun

Pfffrrrrt, slow donw fella, I'm not speaking about fixes or more important stuff. Texture update, mate. Update. Not a complete redesign, just some upgrade, that will remain Excal up-to-date.

2 minutes ago, Sprottheim said:

Pfffrrrrt, slow donw fella, I'm not speaking about fixes or more important stuff. Texture update, mate. Update. Not a complete redesign, just some upgrade, that will remain Excal up-to-date.

Umm yes me to mag prime is a total copy of og mag my dude and it sucks

pun intended 

This again.... this sort of request really doesn't help 'remove' the view that founders can come across as pretty self entitled, especially considering that while their investment at the time was important (and rewarded with exclusive stuff) it's actually quite a small fraction of the amount of money DE has earned from the game overall. 

This exact issue with excal prime has been covered multiple times in the past, the current arrangement in game is the outcome of the previous 'discussions'. 

6 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

Umm yes me to mag prime is a total copy of og mag my dude and it sucks

pun intended 

what hes asking for is a retexture. The people who would work on a retexture are not the same ones who would work on a kit overhaul or model change

1 minute ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

what hes asking for is a retexture. The people who would work on a retexture are not the same ones who would work on a kit overhaul or model change

Actually depending on how they went about the re-texture they may need to use the same people that would do the model change.  Some of the newer frames actually have texture built into the models rather than just being a bump map texture.  Also if they actually want the prime reworked to same expectation as newer ones where they have more bells and whistles they'd need to do additional 3D modelling.

2 minutes ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

I know it’s just there’s soo much more important stuff that could be done I think then a single frame being retextured  and leaving it alone brings less angry flames to the forums

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Actually depending on how they went about the re-texture they may need to use the same people that would do the model change.  Some of the newer frames actually have texture built into the models rather than just being a bump map texture.  Also if they actually want the prime reworked to same expectation as newer ones where they have more bells and whistles they'd need to do additional 3D modelling.

I know I realized my mistake after I made my post

Just now, .Fire_Fly. said:

I know it’s just there’s soo much more important stuff that could be done I think then a single frame being retextured  and leaving it alone brings less angry flames to the forums

True, I'm personally fine with how excal prime looks. its very distinctive and stands out easily, which is the whole point of shiny exclusive bits and bobs

Just now, Katinka said:

I would like to see either:

a) let us use the Prime helmet on Umbra.

or

b) let us use the Umbra skin on the Prime.

I don't think either of those would be unreasonable or difficult to implement.

this is the only change i really want, umbra scarf on prime OR prime skin on umbra

il y a 23 minutes, Katinka a dit :

I would like to see either:

a) let us use the Prime helmet on Umbra.

or

b) let us use the Umbra skin on the Prime.

I don't think either of those would be unreasonable or difficult to implement.

Yes! 

Not just Excal Prime, many of the old Frames and even the Primes need a visual revamp to bring them up to today's Standards. DE has improved so much in the past few years in visual design of the game, enemies, weapons and Warframes that it just feels bad at times to look at the older frames.

2 hours ago, Sprottheim said:

Excalibur prime skin is just outdated. It's white'n'stripes, it's surely needs to be reworked. And adding Prime helmet to Umbra would be awesome.

Suggestion from a fellow Founder and owner of Excal Prime, when making Topics proposing changes to a Skin, dont directly propose it to a specific of your liking only like Excal Prime, propose a general rework to all frames of that same era so you dont pinch the nerve of those who dont have him.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not just Excal Prime, many of the old Frames and even the Primes need a visual revamp to bring them up to today's Standards. DE has improved so much in the past few years in visual design of the game, enemies, weapons and Warframes that it just feels bad at times to look at the older frames.

Suggestion from a fellow Founder and owner of Excal Prime, when making Topics proposing changes to a Skin, dont directly propose it to a specific of your liking only like Excal Prime, propose a general rework to all frames of that same era so you dont pinch the nerve of those who dont have him.

I may not be a founder myself, but hypothetically, if Excalibur Prime and the other older Prime frames were to get a visual update would it be a reasonable idea to make their current default skins into "Legacy" skins?

I think there's also the Legacy Mastery Sigil as well, for another example. Having their current skins as Legacy versions would allow everyone who owns those frames to choose if they want the old or newer look, in theory. Although that might clash with platform-specific skins and certain other skins, now that I think about it (Such as the Frost Opal skin on Frost Prime, although that's currently bugged at his waist on the Switch).

• If the model on a given frame was changed, I'm not sure how that would affect things that rely on that model, since some skins are mainly texture changes unless I'm mistaken.

Aside from that I definitely agree that Umbra's scarf / skin, etc. should be compatible with Excalibur Prime & vice versa; Umbra's animations can already be used on any frame as well, which is great too. Hopefully ^ that can be implemented in the future.

23 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

I may not be a founder myself, but hypothetically, if Excalibur Prime and the other older Prime frames were to get a visual update would it be a reasonable idea to make their current default skins into "Legacy" skins?

I don't see why not, although I could see DE somewhere down the line not wanting to update them (ie materials) anymore if they were too old. But that would be the ideal solution, I mean, why pinch people at the end of the day.

Archived