Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soaktron Skin should be applied to more Primary Weapons

(PSN)fuzz642

Title more or less says it all. I have been trying out the Soakatron rifle skin on as many rifles as I can, and I keep running into the same problems.

Rifles are meant to be precision weapons, and the skin included a barrel 'splash' muzzle flash with each shot (a splash effect that does not match your energy colour either).

I find that it somewhat gets in the way. 

Secondly.. eh.. the design of the Soakatron IS really great and fun, but it just doesn't FEEL right on Rifles, partially because of the above reason.

Perhaps this very fun and gorgeous skin would be better utilized on Launcher type weapons. The Ignis, Opticor, Acceltra, Penta, and perhaps even some Beam Weapons as well like the Glaxion. To clarify, the Soakatron CANNOT be used on any Launcher, grenade, or beam weapons, as-is.

I would Love to use this skin a lot, but, as is it just doesn't fit the weapons it applies to. I've tried to enjoy it 'ironically' as a spray gun that BRRRRRTS out bullets, but.. no-go..

Any thoughts from anyone else??

Sixes.

It ought to have been a Launcher skin, and DE ought to have added the Nox's gun ad a new launcher (which is the same weapon minus liquid canister). Gonna be goofy AF to see this skin on my Quellor. But DE rarely if ever changes things like this post-release, so I'm doubtful anything will change. Oh well.

38 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

Any thoughts from anyone else??

it should be a universal skin that fits on any weapon using rifle or Sniper ammo. there's no crime in it. if we had a primary weapon that acts like Stug I'd put it on that to make myself a Nox Cannon,  but  sadly we can't.

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It ought to have been a Launcher skin, and DE ought to have added the Nox's gun ad a new launcher (which is the same weapon minus liquid canister). Gonna be goofy AF to see this skin on my Quellor. But DE rarely if ever changes things like this post-release, so I'm doubtful anything will change. Oh well.

Oh, it doesnt work on the Quellor or any other rifle with an AOE alt fire. Tried it already on my Sthalta, Quellor, Batticor.. None of them work.

6 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

Oh, it doesnt work on the Quellor or any other rifle with an AOE alt fire. Tried it already on my Sthalta, Quellor, Batticor.. None of them work.

I'm not sure AoE is what matters. It doesn't work on Zenith or Stradavar. It does work on Tiberon and Kuva Chakkhurr though.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm not sure AoE is what matters. It doesn't work on Zenith or Stradavar. It does work on Tiberon and Kuva Chakkhurr though.

Aye it does work on the Kuva Chak.. but the down side is that gun already looks cool as is, and with the Soakatron skin, you also lose the nifty spinny spinny reload. AOE wise, no thats not the issue, it seems to be the weapons with a Charge-UP secondary attk. It works on the Primary Tombfinger too.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Seems like we all had the same idea of having the soakatron fire from a base rifle that could already be mistaken for a squirt gun.

Sounds like it's gimped to assault/burst/semi style rifles. 

how unfortunate.

Just comes off as a bit poorly thought out, or rather a bit of a.."welp, that'll do" from DE, rather than thought put into if the application of the skin was fitting or good.

10 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

Just comes off as a bit poorly thought out, or rather a bit of a.."welp, that'll do" from DE, rather than thought put into if the application of the skin was fitting or good.

You said it not me.  But I guess I'm going to look at what works with it. 

Definitely was hoping beam or launcher would work as with blue or light colored energy they could be soakery.  

It'

30 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

"Welp, that'll do" describes far too many things that have been added to Warframe.

It almost feels as if this skin is only supposed to be used with the Ignis.

There are so many weapons that it would be fun to use this skin on, but we simply can't because "insert reason here"

Sad.

4 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

It'

"Welp, that'll do" describes far too many things that have been added to Warframe.

It almost feels as if this skin is only supposed to be used with the Ignis.

There are so many weapons that it would be fun to use this skin on, but we simply can't because "insert reason here"

Sad.

Ignis can't use it though :sadcry:

Archived