Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are you allowed to make alts to fish for a 75% Plat discount?

ReQliate

Question

I just started playing and I'm wondering whether it is against the rules to make a bunch of accounts to try and start off with a 75% Plat discount. My current character does not have much progress so I'm tempted to just create a bunch of accounts, and change to whatever account gets the aforementioned discount first.

I don't intend to trade the Plat with any of my characters, my goal is to start maining whatever account gets the discount, I'm also not wondering whether that's a smart thing to do, I can guess what most people's opinion is on that. Just asking if that's against the TOS. I couldn't find an exact answer to this.

5 answers to this question

So long as no interaction between them DE doesn't seem to care about how many accounts you have, just make sure they never trade/be in the same clan/active at the same time.

As to the main point, I would just stick with one till you do get the 75% reward instead of making many just to get the chance for the boost. The time you spent making/using the alts could have been spent making the 'main' account better in terms of MR, Mods, Weapons etc.

Also while NOT guaranteed  to work I have seen that 'more often than not' I seem to get discount login rewards if I haven't logged in a while (e.g. month+ ) still RNG but would rather have a main and wait for the drop than multiples to (eventually) get a strong start.

15 minutes ago, ReQliate said:

I don't intend to trade the Plat with any of my characters, my goal is to start maining whatever account gets the discount, I'm also not wondering whether that's a smart thing to do, I can guess what most people's opinion is on that. Just asking if that's against the TOS. I couldn't find an exact answer to this.

As long as you don't trade the plat then you will likely not get in trouble for this. However, I'd say this is a pretty bad idea considering the rarity of 75% off coupons.

1 hour ago, ReQliate said:

Appreciate the answers.

Can close the thread (if that's a thing).

As far as I know, only mods and time do that.
And there isn't a delete own thread button either if you happened to want to get rid of some emberassing history...I've looked.

Archived