Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing Event (Dog Days)

AnubisDRH

Am I the only one who is SO disappointed by this event and it's rewards?

It does not offer any enjoyment at all. It feels dry and boring. . . I would rather have something with a story line content or at least make sense within the Warframe universe.

It is very disappointing when a once a year thing rolls around and there is not even any new rewards inside.   

Yes we got the soakatron skin which is great but come one.  There is stuff laying around Cetus that would make for great decorations.   They could add built forma/ aura forma/ lens/ reactors/ catalysts/ kuva in there...   MUSIC.  

I was thinking they need sell upgraded version of soakatron for matches.  Hold more ammo, do more damage.   So its easier and funner to do the next time it rolls around.   

--------------------------

Having said all that.....I understand why none of that happens..   They only have so much time to work on stuff... and most of it is directed at NEW content.   AKA this times its Sisters/Tennocon.    Even so..they have a whole year to work on little things to add to once a year events.   

-------------------------

I ran this dog days mostly solo, a little public,  got my soak skin.  I farmed all the decor and captura the first year lol.   Im not sure when the emblem and sigil went in....  I dont really want them but I might grind for those over the coming days.   If they had stuf like I suggested above I dont know what I would do lmao.  I like DD but a huge long marathon grind of DD not so much...    I like that I could hit it and quit it.  

A gas leak and nice weather isn't story enough for you?

Besides that there just isn't a lot of work put into seasonal events. They're really just there to get attention and offer some rewards and resources to players. Also if it was a more story based event (like Naeberus) then we would have the opposite complaints along the lines of "story isn't content". Or complaints about there not being any new content/upcoming content not finished yet if they did put more work into events like this. There just isn't any winning here.

56 minutes ago, AnubisDRH said:

No you're not. There are plenty others like you.

But we don't see them go around making threads aren't we?

56 minutes ago, AnubisDRH said:

It does not offer any enjoyment at all.

Because they simply don't play it.

You don't like something, then don't friggin play it. It's one thing if you don't like the event but forced to play because the rewards are too good to pass. But you literally said that the rewards are whack as well. So you have absolutely no business with dog days. this event is just not for you.

At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Some people don't like hunting liches, some don't hunt eidolons, some despise conservation, i personally won't touch rivens. You don't have to play everything in warframe, you know.

If you don't like anything at mcdonalds, then don't eat at mcdonalds.

I recall when it first came around, there was a lot of love for it. People exclaiming it was something new/different/fresh.

I absolutely loathe it, but I don't think there's much point having a rant about it. Fortunately, the rewards don't interest me, so it's very easy for me to just not participate in this event.

Would have been nice to see some other rewards rather than the ephe and rifle skin (which doesn't work for anything useful lol). If we're not bringing back plague star (I'm not holding my breath) then add forma/exodia arcanes to this event and just run it yearly. 

1 hour ago, AnubisDRH said:

It does not offer any enjoyment at all. It feels dry and boring. . . I would rather have something with a story line content or at least make sense within the Warframe universe.

Welcome to 2019.

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It is very disappointing when a once a year thing rolls around and there is not even any new rewards inside.   

Yes we got the soakatron skin which is great but come one.  There is stuff laying around Cetus that would make for great decorations.   They could add built forma/ aura forma/ lens/ reactors/ catalysts/ kuva in there...   MUSIC.  

I was thinking they need sell upgraded version of soakatron for matches.  Hold more ammo, do more damage.   So its easier and funner to do the next time it rolls around.   

--------------------------

Having said all that.....I understand why none of that happens..   They only have so much time to work on stuff... and most of it is directed at NEW content.   AKA this times its Sisters/Tennocon.    Even so..they have a whole year to work on little things to add to once a year events.   

-------------------------

I ran this dog days mostly solo, a little public,  got my soak skin.  I farmed all the decor and captura the first year lol.   Im not sure when the emblem and sigil went in....  I dont really want them but I might grind for those over the coming days.   If they had stuf like I suggested above I dont know what I would do lmao.  I like DD but a huge long marathon grind of DD not so much...    I like that I could hit it and quit it.  

Same. I did it all solo and bought everything during the first time, so the first thing I did when I went to Nakak was to put a tick in owned, everything disappeared except the soakatron skin.

I don't remember the soakatron skin being in there from the start, I'm pretty sure players requested it after the event and it go put in this time around, or I missed it, the emblem and sigil were in it from the start.

What I do remember is the pearl drops got buffed after I'd done the event so those who come after got the bonus, so when I do go into the event I'll at least get the proper drop rates this time round. 

2 hours ago, AnubisDRH said:

This event to me was just to get pallete color and the golden potato....once done there is nothing to do there.

16 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

My biggest problem with the event is the gun.

It just feels so bad. The projectile speed is hilariously bad, even by watergun standards.

That's why you have to lead the target and allow for the drop off, once you work out that the enemies just run into it everytime.

I can tell you, while its not very enjoyable the rewards for a new player are very good.

Fortunately if you dont want the rewards then dont play the event. If you want the rewards but dont like the event then commit just 20 minutes and done.
If you like the event then no ones stopping you from enjoying it.

I dont think these events need or even deserve rant threads. Most of them roll back around for those that missed the special loots the first time around.

3 hours ago, AnubisDRH said:

I would rather have something with a story line content or at least make sense within the Warframe universe.

Takes DE some time to produce those events, and it's not as much on their radar as I would personally hope it would be. Oh well.

As for sense, I don't think the Warframe universe will make sense when the writing approach seems to be "oh this is interesting or cool, let's add this" despite it not making sense or muddying what we know.

You can only be disappointed when you had expectations. I played Dog Days before. I already knew i would dislike its gameplay and story. I'm just getting the new skin, then I'm outta there followed by hoping for it to have no new rewards next year so I can skip it.

It's just a fun piece of nonsense that you're not meat to take seriously. It's worth just to hear Kela being tripping balls

Besides, how often do you go into something in this game where you're on a level playing field with the opponent?

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

It's just a fun piece of nonsense that you're not meat to take seriously. It's worth just to hear Kela being tripping balls

Besides, how often do you go into something in this game where you're on a level playing field with the opponent?

this guy gets it.

3 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I reckon, breaks up the daily slog.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

this guy gets it.

I think some players are crying because they can't get what they want in a single button press.

/me All I need from the event this time round is the new soaker gun skin.

@-CdG-Zilchy I'd guess you're after more beach balls for the Clan, if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I think some players are crying because they can't get what they want in a single button press.

/me All I need from the event this time round is the new soaker gun skin.

@-CdG-Zilchy I'd guess you're after more beach balls for the Clan, if I remember correctly.

Yeh I agree with that assumption.
And yes, more beach balls is always good 😆

1 hour ago, Zhoyzu said:

I can tell you, while its not very enjoyable the rewards for a new player are very good.

Fortunately if you dont want the rewards then dont play the event. If you want the rewards but dont like the event then commit just 20 minutes and done.
If you like the event then no ones stopping you from enjoying it.

I dont think these events need or even deserve rant threads. Most of them roll back around for those that missed the special loots the first time around.

The best comment in this thread, IMO. There's a new reward for all levels of players. The vets will have a shorter play time, the new kids will go nuts and everyone in between will have an everything in between experience. 

#Stop...The...Whining

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeh I agree with that assumption.
And yes, more beach balls is always good 😆

Oh well I'm off to buy the gun skin, then stockpile some more Pearls for the next time it comes around in a couple years.

4 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Oh well I'm off to buy the gun skin, then stockpile some more Pearls for the next time it comes around in a couple years.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That works as well 🙂

Wow I don't remember those prices, damn I must have hit it hard solo to have bought everything the first time around. :shocked:

Well except the mods you get them in the normal game, while getting Saryn.

new players to the event will be pulling their hair out doing what we did the first time it hit, I sort of feel sorry for them .............

Spoiler

........................ nah I don't lol

Ov1jMom.gif

Archived