Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing Event (Dog Days)

AnubisDRH

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Wow I don't remember those prices, damn I must have hit it hard solo to have bought everything the first time around. :shocked:

Well except the mods you get them in the normal game, while getting Saryn.

new players to the event will be pulling their hair out doing what we did the first time it hit, I sort of feel sorry for them .............

Reveal hidden contents

........................ nah I don't lol

Ov1jMom.gif

Hahahaha not sorry enough to not bring out that damn gif again though I see 🤣

1 minute ago, Hayrack said:

They need to ban Executioner Garesh from competition, then event would be somewhat tolerable.

He's not that bad, his movement is predictable and he has low health, just lead further ahead than you do for the others.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

this guy gets it.

Girl 😉

As for people whining about burn out. Just do a couple of round 4 battles a day. Its 50 points plus a point for every kill, so long as you win. Theres 16 days left, so that'll give you more then enough points to get the main things, plus a few floodf balls

It's what I have to do because of sensory issues.

As for actually taking down any hard enemies, your gun can cause stagger, so stagger them and get in behind at point blank and burst them. Even without the stagger if you're quick on your feet you can keep behind them and get them anyway

I think it's pretty fun. More fun with friends bcause of how goofy it can get.

I played it last year, but I can't remember for the life of me. Did enemies bullet jump last year and climb up on the rocks? I don't recall that, but it's been a while.

I like the skin for the weapon, shame it doesn't have custom sounds and animation. The rewards are the same as last year which is also kind of meh. But I get that new players should get the option to obtain these things. Although my idea would be to move the rewards to the beach toys store and bring new rewards for completing it and do this every year.

4 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

I can tell you, while its not very enjoyable the rewards for a new player are very good.

Fortunately if you dont want the rewards then dont play the event. If you want the rewards but dont like the event then commit just 20 minutes and done.
If you like the event then no ones stopping you from enjoying it.

I dont think these events need or even deserve rant threads. Most of them roll back around for those that missed the special loots the first time around.

Hit the nail right on the head there. The event is fine as is, while it's not super enjoyable it serves it's purpose. Even some of the items are decorations which at least give the option to pursue something to vets that want too, yet already own everything. If they don't as you said they can knock out the goals and be done with it.

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

That's why you have to lead the target and allow for the drop off, once you work out that the enemies just run into it everytime.

Or alternatively, you can drop kick them in the face and unload on them while they're on the ground.

7 hours ago, Soy77 said:

No you're not. There are plenty others like you.

But we don't see them go around making threads aren't we?

Because they simply don't play it.

You don't like something, then don't friggin play it. It's one thing if you don't like the event but forced to play because the rewards are too good to pass. But you literally said that the rewards are whack as well. So you have absolutely no business with dog days. this event is just not for you.

At this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Some people don't like hunting liches, some don't hunt eidolons, some despise conservation, i personally won't touch rivens. You don't have to play everything in warframe, you know.

If you don't like anything at mcdonalds, then don't eat at mcdonalds.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

well it does have new rewards and it does containt the tactical alert emblem i believe.

Again, like all things warframe, you do things IF you want to, you're not forced to play content if you believe there's nothing of interest there. The "event" may be new to you and you may have expected more, but hey, more is comming soon.

8 hours ago, AnubisDRH said:

It does not offer any enjoyment at all. It feels dry and boring. . . I would rather have something with a story line content or at least make sense within the Warframe universe.

The whole event is satire , if your looking for story content you're in wrong place , also this event is 3 years old so you could have looked it up on youtube or something to find out that what kind of content it is .

9 hours ago, AnubisDRH said:

Am I the only one who is SO disappointed by this event and it's rewards?

It does not offer any enjoyment at all. It feels dry and boring. . . I would rather have something with a story line content or at least make sense within the Warframe universe.

Hey! I get it! 😄

"Dry", right? But it's waterguns?

Right? ....😏

it's essentially just meant to be a bit of fun, last time around we didn't even have the Soaktron Skin or the Ephemera, it was basically just the floofs. I only have a couple of gripes about the event:

- Executioner Garesh's hitboxes are just as janky as last time, dude dodges water better than Neo in the Matrix, or my Dogs when it's bathtime.

- the Soaktron skin, which should be universal, or at the very least usable on beam weapons, isn't. 

if those things were fixed then I think most people would be pleased. 

I saw the Soakatron skin and calculated with some relief that I'd only have to do the last tedious and unfulfilling arena 3-4 times to get it, and was thankful that I already have the other stuff.

Nice novelty the first time but the main game mode is simply more fun.

I can understand why people don't like Dog Day, it doesn't allow them to show off the meta frame/weapon build that they copied from some youtuber or twitch streamer.

Just 100hp and a water pistol.

It really levels the playing field and shows people just how much they rely on other peoples builds for "them" to be good at Warframe

I'm a professional Garesh killer, 14 times in one round is my record so far.

I'm aiming for 20 by the end of the event but he's a slippery fish to catch!

44 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

I can understand why people don't like Dog Day, it doesn't allow them to show off the meta frame/weapon build that they copied from some youtuber or twitch streamer.

Just 100hp and a water pistol.

It really levels the playing field and shows people just how much they rely on other peoples builds for "them" to be good at Warframe

I'm a professional Garesh killer, 14 times in one round is my record so far.

I'm aiming for 20 by the end of the event but he's a slippery fish to catch!

So the only logical reason someone doesn't like Dog Days is because they can't show off their meta?  No other reasons are possible, such as boredom, lack of reward, lack of novelty?  As for ability, I've always been first or close second in the scores, not necessarily because I'm good, half the players are usually just leeching, probably because they got bored too.

On 2021-06-08 at 8:25 PM, AnubisDRH said:

Then simply don't play it.

You're not forced to play the event, so it feels like you're complaining about something that you are willingly subjecting yourself to. The event isn't made for everyone, so if it doesn't strike your fancy or if it doesn't sit well with your expectations, then you don't have to have anything to do with it. There are many aspects of Warframe that certain players enjoy but others don't.

Also, it's not like Dog Days is supposed to be "content." It's a small fun little event that comes around once a year because it's summertime, so the event is just a fun play on the idea of summertime fun in a game like Warframe. If you're looking for actual content, this event is definitely not the place to be looking.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb AnubisDRH:

Yes. graphics are cool. but i still don't understand how this weapon works ..... do you have to be in mele range or where do you have to aim it? I also kept thinking about farting while shooting. sounds don't fit at all.

the only positive is that it doesn't take that long and i could only use one mod from the shop.

1.jpg

This event, which is a bit of fun, has the best reward of all.

Spend some nakak pearls to buy a beach ball. Put it in your orbiter, and your pet will play with it. That makes my day every time I enter the orbiter to see this ball flying through the air with a happy kubrow chasing it.

19 часов назад, Battle.Mage сказал:

i still don't understand how this weapon works ..... do you have to be in mele range or where do you have to aim it? I also kept thinking about farting while shooting. sounds don't fit at all.

The gun has a pressure meter, press the middle mouse button, or just press the scrollwheel like a button, and you "reload" pressure. It gives range and damage! I'm pretty sure the event even has some text appear when on low pressure.

12 minutes ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

The gun has a pressure meter, press the middle mouse button, or just press the scrollwheel like a button, and you "reload" pressure. It gives range and damage! I'm pretty sure the event even has some text appear when on low pressure.

It does. 

Archived