Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe new game difficulty mode as a test for future changes.

IfritKajiTora

Warframe is easy game, you get new stuff you go and get new stuff just like that because enemies aren't hard, missions also aren't hard to do. And here when the problem starts.
I'm a Warfrmae player for over 8 years, and I started to getting bored by the game, it doesn't have any reall challenge and the game is unbalanced.
Mostly unbalanced because of damage mods and multishots.

So here is a idea that would allow players to test new direction where warframe could go and DE would see if people like the idea or not.

THE IDEA:
Just as steel path choice on planets, there would be a new difficulty mode.
In this mode enemies would not have levels, just flat set health, armor, shield and damage.
The higher level missions would just have more enemies spawn and more tougher enemies spawned like heavy units. They all also with flat stats.

Now here is a problem with mods, all our mods give too mutch % damage boost, and it could be done in two ways:

A)
Damage mods are reduced by a lot, for example rank 10 serration gives only 30% damage boost, 90% elemental damage mods nerfed to 15%, dual stat mods to 10%. That way you still can increase damage but only a little bit, so it could lead players to use other mods, rather than just going all the way for damage.
Multishot mods changed to consume additional ammunition on shot. That way we would not be abble to easilly double our damage for free, or 90% multishot chance could be reduced to 30% without additional ammunition cost.
Also Warframe health and shield mods should be reduced aswell.
That would also limit warframe efficiency and power strength by half, to not be able to spam abilities, you would need to think if it's the time to use it or not. Instead of just spamming it all around.

B)
We are limited only to PVP caonclaive mods. But also the warframe powers could not be able to use afficiency mods, so that would limit our powers by a lot.

Why do this?
The game is unbalanced as it is right now, leading to many OverPowered Builds where you cannot die and you clear maps of enemies, and that's fun for just a while.
The game would need some changes and that new difficulty game mode could show people warframe in different light and they will decide what is a good idea to change into the future game and what is bad and need changes.

DE could use that game mode as a test field, listen to people to what is better than standard game or what is not fun and change it there and see people new thoughts. And at the end where it looks fine decide to stay as it is as an optional difficulty game mode or copy it's all into whole Warframe.

Many single players game without levels give players a challenge, because all type of enemies can deal fine damage to you and that create challenge.
In warframe at it's state right now, is just brainless go and kill.

13 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I'm a Warfrmae player for over 8 years, and I started to getting bored by the game,

Cool. Move on i guess? I mean genually no shade, im a long lifer too (got my shiny badge to prove it) but whenever i get board of warframe, i just stop playing it. I come back when theres new more interesting stuff, but if your board by it, move on. Theres plenty for game shaped fish in the sea.

14 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

The game is unbalanced as it is right now, leading to many OverPowered Builds where you cannot die and you clear maps of enemies, and that's fun for just a while.

True, but thats the game. There are games where competitive challange is the focus, where you grind your way through tough enemies. But thats not this game. Warframe is more Dynasty Warriors than it is Destiny.

And while it would be great to create a higher, harder difficulty option, you run into the 'Darksouls' problem. Basically the game becomes inacessable to the more casual gamer. The argument is often 'oh its optional difficulty', but that never works out the moment you think about how warframe works. The game is reward driven. The moment you create something, people will say 'what do i get out of compleating this'. If its nothing but 'enjoyment' what your really saying is 'this mode is less efficent that other modes. If you add content to it, you end up gatekeeping rewards behind the system, and so its no longer really optional.

The one solution i can see to the difficulty thing is for DE to add something similar to the 'Skulls' system in Halo. Something that drastically reduces your effectivness, whilst increasing rewards based on a multiplier gained per 'skull' on. The only sticking point is that this would likely encourage AFK farming, where people would join matches with max 'skulls' then just let others do all the work.

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

Cool. Move on i guess? I mean genually no shade, im a long lifer too (got my shiny badge to prove it) but whenever i get board of warframe, i just stop playing it. I come back when theres new more interesting stuff, but if your board by it, move on. Theres plenty for game shaped fish in the sea.

The anti-dote to boredom is having something to do (duh! 🤪). The few times I've left Warframe for longer periods have been where there is nothing left to do, but for me the actual problem is not "challenge". With 48 warframes to chose from and a multitude of weapons to play around with and the Helminth to top it off, I can create a lot and varied challenges from the current missions. For me the thorniest problem is running out of riven slots, since in order to keep things interesting enough I need rivens to play around with for the weapon part. You have to play to get rivens, rivens then need kuva with the "eternal need for more red stuff" all this also creates content on its own.

Except all that stops when you are maxed out riven-wise and don't want to sell or destroy your "babies". 

My point is that we get different things from Warframe, and we also leave the game due to different reasons. For a while, or for ever.

I would currently be in "Warframe hibernation mode" waiting for DE to add more riven slots, except Warframe is such a brilliant "boring online meetings survival tool". Due to the pandemic there has been a sh*tload of such meetings, which in turn has resulted in a lot of Warframe. But quite different than before, since it is a "killing time"-type  of gaming, not the normal loot-/goal-oriented Warframe. So mostly shorter, singular missions and/or "chill play" endless missions that you can leave quickly if you have to. I think I'm currently at +3 million kuva just from using the hourly refreshing kuva siphon missions as a goto "boring meeting solution" (well, with an occasional kuva survival thrown in). Pure insanity. However, summer & vacations will now exterminate most of the meetings, which will in turn pause my Warframe at least until autumn (unless the Sisters of Parvos will bring more slots, and thus more rivens to play around with).

I don't see the purpose of having yet another difficulty mode. What makes you think people will want to play it? Is steel path not enough? Maybe it would be better to think how to improve that instead of diluting the game more.

4 hours ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Warframe is easy game, you get new stuff you go and get new stuff just like that because enemies aren't hard, missions also aren't hard to do. And here when the problem starts.
I'm a Warfrmae player for over 8 years, and I started to getting bored by the game, it doesn't have any reall challenge and the game is unbalanced.
Mostly unbalanced because of damage mods and multishots.

So here is a idea that would allow players to test new direction where warframe could go and DE would see if people like the idea or not.

THE IDEA:
Just as steel path choice on planets, there would be a new difficulty mode.
In this mode enemies would not have levels, just flat set health, armor, shield and damage.
The higher level missions would just have more enemies spawn and more tougher enemies spawned like heavy units. They all also with flat stats.

Now here is a problem with mods, all our mods give too mutch % damage boost, and it could be done in two ways:

A)
Damage mods are reduced by a lot, for example rank 10 serration gives only 30% damage boost, 90% elemental damage mods nerfed to 15%, dual stat mods to 10%. That way you still can increase damage but only a little bit, so it could lead players to use other mods, rather than just going all the way for damage.
Multishot mods changed to consume additional ammunition on shot. That way we would not be abble to easilly double our damage for free, or 90% multishot chance could be reduced to 30% without additional ammunition cost.
Also Warframe health and shield mods should be reduced aswell.
That would also limit warframe efficiency and power strength by half, to not be able to spam abilities, you would need to think if it's the time to use it or not. Instead of just spamming it all around.

B)
We are limited only to PVP caonclaive mods. But also the warframe powers could not be able to use afficiency mods, so that would limit our powers by a lot.

Why do this?
The game would need some changes and that new difficulty game mode could show people warframe in different light and they will decide what is a good idea to change into the future game and what is bad and need changes.

DE could use that game mode as a test field, listen to people to what is better than standard game or what is not fun and change it there and see people new thoughts. And at the end where it looks fine decide to stay as it is as an optional difficulty game mode or copy it's all into whole Warframe.

Many single players game without levels give players a challenge, because all type of enemies can deal fine damage to you and that create challenge.
In warframe at it's state right now, is just brainless go and kill.

So basically, remove our progression system to add difficulty? Wow, what a poorly thought out post. Where's the downvote button?

15小时前 , IfritKajiTora 说:

I dont agree with u  bro.  I've play this game for 4 years,the biggest thing that DE impressed me is The UN-BLANCED adjudgement abt Weapones involed with the Melee and  the Second.  The way DE found how to  banlance those one  is nerf which brings more and more problems let players give up them, and give up invest in  new weapones. 

Take it into consideration,right,i mean  a  weapon you take a lot of time to get the Riven modes  and invest with, OK. one day Some changes as the game updates. All your effort ruined. That is the biggest problem. 

The modes I dont think  there's any other fault  but the High-Builed Prime Weapones  get the game easier  and  DE  nerf them which is the main problems ingame.

Cut the players choices and  deny the Over-power-Way to play this game  is the right way to let Warframe  go with a long way?

Steel Path (and endless missions even on the regular star map) address the need for more challenging gameplay nicely.

Perhaps an even a tougher version of Steel Path, available to those who have unlocked it, would be the next logical step. This could also be used for gathering data, by strengthening certain damage types or elemental combinations there.

On 2021-06-09 at 2:13 PM, Graavarg said:

The anti-dote .....   around with). [basically everything, shorted down]

Yea, thats my view. I come back to warframe because i like it, and its interesting enough to get into. But ive abandoned other games because i got bored, and thats ok. Played Dota2 for 3 years, then left it. Played Destiny until the release of Destiny 2 and then played that alot, then left and didnt look back.

Asking a game to be something its not isnt going to help you enjoy it again. If whats there right now isnt fun, making it harder wont help. Then again maybe its just fatigue. Walk away, and see how you feel in a month or something. Thats ok to do.

Archived