Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Shred or Vigilante Armaments?

(PSN)GuiMoraes1606

Question

Im using Tenora Prime and my current build is: Vigilante Supplies (Exilus) - Serration - Split Chamber - Malignant Force & Rime Rounds (viral) - Point Strike - Vital Sense - Hunter Munitions - Primed Shred. And my question is: Should I choose Vigilante Armamments instead of Primed Shred?

10 answers to this question

Chances are, you'll probably be better off with Vigilante - better ammo economy, plus mod set bonus, and you're not that likely to have enemies line up neatly for Primed Shred to be better. But I'd say it depends.

It's roughly the same number of bullets flying down. The difference is whether punch through makes a substantial difference or not, which changes based on how / what you play - if you camp down a hallway in Survival versus flying through an Exterminate mission, for example. Also depends if you're using a sentinel stat stick for Vigilante bonuses, which makes it less useful.

For my taste, I would go with primed shred.

Punch through is surprisingly useful, especially since enemies often group up and some abilities can also help with grouping. On top of that, you also get the fire rate boost. Note that the Tenora spools up quite slowly, and the first few shots have a lot of recoil and spread. After you've spooled up, the recoil becomes minimal and the spread becomes really tight. For this reason, increased fire rate is actually really useful for better handling and control of the weapon.

Vigilante armaments would probably be my second choice!

I swore by vigilante for a long time untill I started using my sentinel as a stat stick, after which keeping up the bonus became a non-issue, now I just use either reg or primed shred depending on the fire rate that I want.

Note that at the moment you keep the bonus from your sentinel even when it isn't equipped, kinda cheesy but you'd have to actively work to avoid it so I stopped caring.

I much prefer Primed Shred in that slot.   Punch Through is an under-rated stat IMO, and the RoF/Spool-up/Charge-up benefit is really powerful.

Also, in a lot of content, you may get more value out of both Primed Shred -and- Vigilante Armaments (or a Faction mod or something else) at the cost of Hunter Munitions.  But Munitions is great versus high level armor, no doubt.

Primed shred all the way.  And the extra fire rate? It's fantastic. I use it on my Kuva karak and it's great.  I just shoot and strafe across groups of enemies. I swear you'd think it's an aoe weapon. Just try it out for a while, it feels great to use. I also regularly shoot enemies through walls/ floors. So useful

Archived