Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Need Something Like Seasonal Ladders.

Shehriazad

As this game is lacking a real lategame purpose other than farming resources to craft them into every new weapon that they add at a pace that is of course too slow (No Dev can keep up with players...just doesnt work)

I feel like this game should make use of something that is commonly used in a few games that dont actually shine with wide open worlds with billions of "quests/missions".

Seasonal Ladders with rewards.

What do I mean by this?

Survival was the first mission type (I think) to sport a score system in this game. Which is fine and all...but in the end it bears no real meaning and could be extended on to make it something rather addictive.

Think of doing specialized missions for every ladder season that score you based on speed, damage dealt, overall performance yadda yadda. (Some might even sport cutthroat type features where you invade other peoples' games to murder them for points)

Now you rack up your scores within this season of lets say... 3 months. After those 3 months those points get reset to 0 and a new set of missions is given, new objectives....a new chance to be on the top of the ladder.

Of course this wouldnt work too well without having some sort of rewards.  Rewards could be things for season badges for participating, stronger wraith and prime type items that you can ONLY GET FROM THE LADDER and again specialized rewards for the people who made it to the very top of each ladder.

Those competetive PvE(maybe even minor PvP added in) ladders add a lot to a games' longevity, give players an option to really show off their skill and raise a friendly competition.

Even though they are from a different genre...games like Diablo II or PoE are only still this active (Seriously, DII is still so freaking crowded) mainly because they run seasonal ladders all the time!

Think 'bout it DE!

People seem to think that the amount of people whining over the things on the forum account for a "real" % of players.

Of all the active players probably no more than 10% more or less actively post on this forum.

Of which maybe 10-30% will whine about absolutely everything they don't get to have whenever they want for free.

And in the end long season ladders give a chance for everyone to get some good rewards in....in every other game where its planned out well enough it works just right.

PoE for example gives out up to 10 items on the ladder score rewards and rewards for placing 1st place on missions or scores.

Do you know how many people complain there....none...why? Because if they didnt get something then they didnt work hard enough for it... aka whiners just want stuff for free and be spoonfed everything.

And if there is a permanent resetting ladder going on there is a chance that good/equal and useful rewards will pop up all year long.  

PoE also handles those rewards well by not even necessarily giving out power...they give out unique looking items. DII has runewords that are unique to ladders...that is power for dedication..but then again...if you don't dedicate yourself you should think twice before complaining.

Something every developer has to learn/see is that a minor part of the people who play the game will go on the forums and cause major uproars that look like the entire communityis against it...but in fact unless its an obvious mistake its nothing but the rant of a few kids who want to be spoonfed.

Long story short: I don't see how 1-3% whining players that go on the forums should be accounted for when trying to make content/features for a game that have longevity.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'm not really into farming harder than other people farming to get a reward. 

What, precisely, is the point of posting a suggestion in the forum if you don't think the population of the forum is great enough to warrant them as an opinion? 

I'm not really into farming harder than other people farming to get a reward. 

What, precisely, is the point of posting a suggestion in the forum if you don't think the population of the forum is great enough to warrant them as an opinion? 

Ladders aren't about farming harder but rather about competing with others.... there is quite the difference to the feel and pacing of things if you compete with players and not the environment.

And the only thing Im saying I dont warrant is people who just come out and creat whine threads every time something doesnt go their way without any constructive side or any reason that could be seen as acceptable.

Edited by Shehriazad