Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pointless But Fun

CapnNight

I would like to suggest a fun little topic that I would like to be implemented in a game. Just a small cute idea. Pointless, but fun weapons in the game. What I mean by this is a weapon that isn't meant to be overpowered or dangerous. Mostly would be made during an event or holiday, and maybe give it a little effect or an outcome. I'm not too good at explaining things, I'll just give you all an example.

November is coming, which means Thanksgiving is coming. Lets just get DE to make a rubber turkey melee weapon that does a damage of like...5. And whenever you hit someone with it, they...I dunno, swing across the room or something? Or if it makes you happy, it can turn them into mash potatoes for like a few seconds (So all of you that don't like the idea of pointless, fun weapons can use this to turn them into mash potatoes and shoot em to death while they are mash potatoes. EVERYBODY WINS YEY). So...yeah, we don't always gotta have dangerously OP weapons on this game. Just thought it'd be fun to have weapons like these purchasable during like a holiday or event or something. So that's my pointless and fun idea, tell me what you think about it?

I would like to suggest a fun little topic that I would like to be implemented in a game. Just a small cute idea. Pointless, but fun weapons in the game. What I mean by this is a weapon that isn't meant to be overpowered or dangerous. Mostly would be made during an event or holiday, and maybe give it a little effect or an outcome. I'm not too good at explaining things, I'll just give you all an example.

November is coming, which means Thanksgiving is coming. Lets just get DE to make a rubber turkey melee weapon that does a damage of like...5. And whenever you hit someone with it, they...I dunno, swing across the room or something? Or if it makes you happy, it can turn them into mash potatoes for like a few seconds (So all of you that don't like the idea of pointless, fun weapons can use this to turn them into mash potatoes and shoot em to death while they are mash potatoes. EVERYBODY WINS YEY). So...yeah, we don't always gotta have dangerously OP weapons on this game. Just thought it'd be fun to have weapons like these purchasable during like a holiday or event or something. So that's my pointless and fun idea, tell me what you think about it?

Rubber chicken melee weapon that makes a chicken noise when smacked against something DE PLS.

While it isn't a bad idea, it doesn't fit the theme/vibe of the game. The game has a more serious tone to it, I dont think this would ever happen honestly. Its the same reason why we do not have emoticons in the chat or things like /dance. They just dont fit the game very well.

I personally wouldn't like this, and I don't think many others would either.

While it isn't a bad idea, it doesn't fit the theme/vibe of the game. The game has a more serious tone to it, I dont think this would ever happen honestly. Its the same reason why we do not have emoticons in the chat or things like /dance. They just dont fit the game very well.

I personally wouldn't like this, and I don't think many others would either.

Troo. ;-;

While I would love something like this, the word "Pointless" kills the idea I think.

Content isn't made for free.

Teams have to be paid.

I don't think DE would be managing time or resources very well if they spent time, money and effort making useless content people will use, laugh at for five minutes and never use again.

Just my thoughts.

I say they should implement special weapons that are like short lived "super weapons" placed in the map (like say you rip a turret out of the wall and use it etc) then give us sweet event stuff like... special flamethrowers (ignis) and huge spawns of turkey skinned infested and make the drops look like various turkey-day foods like pumpkin pies and such.

But you know, we'll prolly just get a weapon and a "run this mission a thousand times" event.

Maybe a seperate "Holiday" tab where you equip holiday themed cosmetic effects that would affect your currently equipped weapons.

Something like "Halloween: Available October 24 - November 7. Killing enemies with your Primary turns them into jack-o-lanterns. Killing enemies with your Secondary blows them up into candy. Killing enemies in Melee reaps their soul (makes a soul raise up and disappear after a moment).

Maybe Thanksgiving would involve turkeys, orange leaves, and something else; heck if I know. Either way, it would be a special market purchase available only during the holiday period, cost some plat (maybe 50 or 75), could only be used during the event period, and could be kept and used repeatedly if the user sticks around for several years.

Maybe a seperate "Holiday" tab where you equip holiday themed cosmetic effects that would affect your currently equipped weapons.

Something like "Halloween: Available October 24 - November 7. Killing enemies with your Primary turns them into jack-o-lanterns. Killing enemies with your Secondary blows them up into candy. Killing enemies in Melee reaps their soul (makes a soul raise up and disappear after a moment).

Maybe Thanksgiving would involve turkeys, orange leaves, and something else; heck if I know. Either way, it would be a special market purchase available only during the holiday period, cost some plat (maybe 50 or 75), could only be used during the event period, and could be kept and used repeatedly if the user sticks around for several years.

Was thinking it would be a cheap type thing so all players could join in on the fun. Or a small event (A day or 2, not another war) to earn this special item. But aye, feel free to make any suggestions. ^_^

It would be nice to make it cheap, but I figured I'd toss the price on so that it would essentially encourage DE to make it, since they could potentially turn a profit. The 2 weeks that it would last is the time that it (this theoretical holiday effect) could be used, not a special event in its own right. Using the previous example, the effect would be unable to be equipped at any time except the listed dates.

Maybe since it can only be used for such a short time, maybe the plat cost could be cheaper (probably 30), and maybe even have a craftable version that would be hefty, but possible, to make without spending money.

Was thinking it would be a cheap type thing so all players could join in on the fun. Or a small event (A day or 2, not another war) to earn this special item. But aye, feel free to make any suggestions. ^_^

DE in giving in into powercreep and PVP because some players ask for it, but what they really need to add to the game is Derf anyo and a rubber turkey,..

i hope any of this never happen.

DE in giving in into powercreep and PVP because some players ask for it, but what they really need to add to the game is Derf anyo and a rubber turkey,..

i hope any of this never happen.

powercreep was kinda inevitable... I would not call what is in the game actual PvP by any means, and a pretty sizable chunk of the playerbase wants pvp (this is why you keep seeing warframe deflate quickly after patches, because people rush to get the new content that gets burned through in 4-5 hours then everyone goes back to other games)

Real PvP that isn't used as a balancing point for anything BUT PvP would add a lot of life to the game. And if you say it will bring the elitist d-bags... look around. They've been here all along.

I think you could do this with weapon skins. You wouldn't want to totally eliminate a weapons usefulness in exchange for pure entertainment, cause it would lose it's value after a while, and be nothing but a novelty to be stored away. As a skin, you could have it apply sound effects, and look different, while keeping it's stats and mod loadouts.