Ash farm wtf

vegetosayajin

gating stuff behind timers seems like an alarmingly increasing norm, they even added arbitrary timers in some corpus rj missions for good measure ^^'. Not to mention that there are a ton of them in heart of deimos content as well.

Is he really the longest to grind though? We are looking at results based on farming the missions, but what about frames that require a nested grind to build?

For example, Gauss, requires some heavy investment in two open world syndicates for the gems to build him. Or Hildryn, Or even Baruuk, although he's a bit simple to get once you start ranking up in Vox Solaris properly. Both require you to get through all of Solaris United and a decent bit of Vox Solaris as wel. Gauss requires I believe at least level 4 in the first two open world syndicates, and a bunch of expensive gem blueprints on top of that. Then you have to grind Disruptions until your eyes bleed. 

Arguably with nested grind where a lot of game progression is required to even play for them, some frames take far longer to get if you are actively going for them. 

But yeah, the current Ash grind is a bit silly, but DE still hasn't (AFAIK) patched it out of manics, so it isn't a big worry for now. People can still keep doing the two efficient manic farms and get him that way instead. 

14 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

He mentioned this things in the beginning, they are not into consideration.
Also mostly averages, because from my experience harrow and khora and even nidus were a breeze to farm(2-3 times each) with 0 problems but ivara farm almost killed me.

The thing is with that insane in-game mission time I think even with the grind for recourses for the other frames he will still come on top.
This is way too much imo, I don't think they even though about new-ish players that wanted to farm him and just randomly put him in whatever mission...

14 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

but DE still hasn't (AFAIK) patched it out of manics, so it isn't a big worry for now. People can still keep doing the two efficient manic farms and get him that way instead. 

Is he still farmable from them?

edit: checked, they do not, only from those missions :D

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

He mentioned this things in the beginning, they are not into consideration.
Also mostly averages, because from my experience harrow and khora and even nidus were a breeze to farm(2-3 times each) with 0 problems but ivara farm almost killed me.

The thing is with that insane in-game mission time I think even with the grind for recourses for the other frames he will still come on top.
This is way too much imo, I don't think they even though about new-ish players that wanted to farm him and just randomly put him in whatever mission...

Okay, well... that ends that discussion I guess. 

Also RNG, you might get everything in one go, or you may spend a year. While the wiki is not 100% truth on this. It shows expected time spent as 18 C rotations which is (if you take 5 mins per rotation) 5 * (A + A + B + C = 4) = 20. 20 *18 = 360 which translates to six hours.

While I think six hours is a lot for an average. I spent a lot more time farming Ash from those annoying defection missions I can tell you that. Only to have the last part drop from a random manic in a survival mission. After I gave up on getting Ash.

11 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Also RNG, you might get everything in one go, or you may spend a year. While the wiki is not 100% truth on this. It shows expected time spent as 18 C rotations which is (if you take 5 mins per rotation) 5 * (A + A + B + C = 4) = 20. 20 *18 = 360 which translates to six hours.

The thing is this map specifically takes longer for a rotation. The dude tested every single one and ye in the off chance you gather a perfect team with perfect synergy etc...it will still take longer because of the horrible map.

I tested it when it came out with a speedva, saryn, equinox and trin to see if we could get a normal time - we could for about 10 waves, after that the minutes gradually got longer and longer. On the 30 wave we were at close to 50 min.
And if we are talking about a random squad(that most people will get), 20 waves(rot c) will take them at least 30-40 min.
So no, on this map especially it's not 5 min per rotation like most others. :D

7 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The thing is this map specifically takes longer for a rotation. The dude tested every single one and ye in the off chance you gather a perfect team with perfect synergy etc...it will still take longer because of the horrible map.

I tested it when it came out with a speedva, saryn, equinox and trin to see if we could get a normal time - we could for about 10 waves, after that the minutes gradually got longer and longer. On the 30 wave we were at close to 50 min.
And if we are talking about a random squad(that most people will get), 20 waves(rot c) will take them at least 30-40 min.
So no, on this map especially it's not 5 min per rotation like most others. :D

Don't you get more spawns per wave the more people in the team?

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Don't you get more spawns per wave the more people in the team?

You get, but npc get stuck in random places, spawns are 1000 meters away, sometimes they get stuck in the spawn room, enemy radar doesn't cut it they are so far away, the pathing on the map is absurd so even if they don't get stuck they take a lot of time to get close for nuking etc etc.
Also you have to get to the defence map with rj right(I barely play the new thing but I played it a couple of times), this is even more time.
The problem is not that is in a defence map...the problem is it's on that defence map tbh.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

You get, but npc get stuck in random places, spawns are 1000 meters away, sometimes they get stuck in the spawn room, enemy radar doesn't cut it they are so far away, the pathing on the map is absurd so even if they don't get stuck they take a lot of time to get close for nuking etc etc.
Also you have to get to the defence map with rj right(I barely play the new thing but I played it a couple of times), this is even more time.
The problem is not that is in a defence map...the problem is it's on that defence map tbh.

Yea that's an issue with the map. I don't like playing that map and DE seriously needs to fix that. AND remove the treasurer spawn.

"The harder the grind the more likely it is that a player will give in and use money to purchase an item in game"

I can't remember exactly who it was in the article in the PC Zone I was reading all those years ago who said that, but its stuck with me.

Warframe is a free game, and yes pretty much everything in the game can be found in the game for free, but, do Digital Extremes want you to have everything for free? Or would they rather have you pay for some of it?

This is why grinds are being made longer, or more tedious because the company wants you to pay their wages for them and if that means making making the player experience worse to do it so be it!

Best way to farm something, is to don't farm it.

I know it's hard to do when you highly desire something, but i got ash and khora just by playing the game. I got 3 ivara parts, and did farmed for her final part, it burned me out pretty bad I couldn't imagine what you guys who specifically farmed for all her parts had to go through.

Wisp, trinity, and hidroid -but more importantly... equinox, was pretty rough as well, since bosses drop them, and you don't naturally fight a boss that many times. But the worst part is only the amount of cutscenes and unskippable part of the missions.

4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

I know it's hard to do when you highly desire something, but i got ash and khora just by playing the game. I got 3 ivara parts, and did farmed for her final part, it burned me out pretty bad I couldn't imagine what you guys who specifically farmed for all her parts had to go through.

Wisp, trinity, and hidroid -but more importantly... equinox, was pretty rough as well, since bosses drop them, and you don't naturally fight a boss that many times. But the worst part is only the amount of cutscenes and unskippable part of the missions.

I mean... if you like Railjack Defense, this philosophy works. Problem is that a lot of people don't like this boring game mode... especially not on Corpus Ship tileset.

4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

This only applies to a few Warframes, absolutely not to Ash at this time.

The Ash Neuroptics defense mission (Arva Vector - Neptune Proxima) and the Ash Systems defense mission (Falling Glory - Venus Proxima), do not drop anything worth farming. The ship components are not MK3, so just a temporary holdover gear no maxed out ship wants to use, relics can be earned in a minute on Void Capture instead.

DE recently added the Nautilus parts to Arva Vector, but you're better off farming it in the additional objective during Void Storms, the game will shower you in a ton of rewards on each completion, while reaching wave 20 on defense will give you a pittance of rewards.

With the poor enemy spawn rate and incredibly large mission area, this mission even fails to be a good spot to farm Intrinsics or Necramech affinity.

Some Assassination locked Warframes still have a chance to show up on Kuva Siphon or Steel Path Incursion nodes, so you can obtain them "passively" over a long period of time, but this does absolutely no apply to Ash.

Ash has to be 100% farmed for.

31 minutes ago, nslay said:

I mean... if you like Railjack Defense, this philosophy works. Problem is that a lot of people don't like this boring game mode... especially not on Corpus Ship tileset.

This is 90% of the issue.

The remaining 10% is that the parts drop at 10% rates on THE FREAKING C ROTATION.

Seriously DE, anywhere upwards of 20 minutes on a single mission for a random 10% 1-in-3 drop is just nuts, especially for a frame like Ash who pretty much isn't worth it.

It's the same problem as Harrow, too much time for too low of a chance at it...especially on a defense tileset more concerned with being big than being good.

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

This is 90% of the issue.

The remaining 10% is that the parts drop at 10% rates on THE FREAKING C ROTATION.

Seriously DE, anywhere upwards of 20 minutes on a single mission for a random 10% 1-in-3 drop is just nuts, especially for a frame like Ash who pretty much isn't worth it.

It's the same problem as Harrow, too much time for too low of a chance at it...especially on a defense tileset more concerned with being big than being good.

Harrow Systems is worse.

Archived