Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash farm wtf

vegetosayajin

4 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

Your claim here is straight up false. I said that defection (and also khora but it doesnt really belongs here) is still cancerous, but time needed for harrow systems is definitely less than C rotation corpus defense, and given that you need to do the defense missions for 3 ****ing times.

At least for me it takes roughly 3 mins for a rotation in defection but a lot more than 3 mins for a rotation in corpus ship defense (and railjack objectives that takes you like 1-2 more mins). Don't really know for the other guy though.

"Defection is way worse than any defense mission", sure it is, and I said that I hate it with a burning passion, but it is not like it would take you 20 mins for a single C rotation.

Having done Harrow Systems farm twice, solo, it definitely varies between 15-30 minutes depending on the map layout. Sometimes the Kavor defectors have to run farther. And you know... as a minor annoyance... it's not like non-Arbitration/Sortie defense has these stupid Kavor defectors that get stuck on geometry like Defection.

4 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

read this and tell me I am defending DE or not lol

I think you're defending DE because you put "(for two people)" to make Defection seem faster than it actually is... and you claim it takes a fixed 15 minutes to do the 8 waves of survivors when you should know that it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes you get unlucky with the map...

Let me tell you about Khora and Octavia... these missions may operate on timers, but at least you can do some Focus farming or Mutagen Samples/Orokin Cells. There's absolutely nothing of value in Defection or Railjack Defense. You used to be able to (and maybe still can) get Ash in Defection... which I think is a great trade off!

4 hours ago, nslay said:

Sometimes the Kavor defectors have to run farther.

And sometimes they get stuck in/on walls or bits of geometry which can cause one of the ten free deaths you get to be lost through no fault of the player.

...Just speaking from my personal experience on the matter.

On 2021-06-10 at 4:44 AM, vegetosayajin said:

Firs after watching this video I was so glad I farmed ash 2+ years ago.
But when I saw the times the dude posted...wth, is this real life, is it just fantasy. XD
Close to 14-30 hours mission time for a single frame(ash) if you are not unlucky?

shhhhhhhhhh go to yursa - defection node still drops ash part from spawned maniacs at 6/7 min

8 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

I mean, what he said is not wrong though. Ash may be the frame with the worst RNG now (or at least top 3)

I saw what you said earlier and you are right too, if you take things like open world syndicates into consideration then maybe you need more time for gauss, baruuk or hildryn. However the point you made has an obvious flaw - you aren't farming fortuna or cetus standing for JUST these 3 frames, right? There are a lot of contents like profit taker, eidolon hunts or weapons like the battacor, kitguns and zaws requires open world stuff as well.

Open world stuff are something that you will be working on eventually, or as a by-product when you want to "complete the game" or something. Sure, some frames are worse if you are starting from scratch, but this game has a lot of contents that make you go to open worlds, grind a lot of stuff that you won't use for now, and have syndicates leveled up. So they may not be as bad as you think it is.

At least you won't be doing C rotation defense missions when you are free, right?

I get what you are saying, but I think this has more to do with content islands than it has to do with the fact its a rotation c defense mission with a low drop chance. 

It's the same issue with Nidus, Khora and even Harrow to an extent. And I'm not sure the Ash situation is really much worse than any of those. 

The problem with all of them is there isn't enough incidental to do while farming the frame, and Ash is only one of many of these. 

Nidus is easily as bad imo. If we had decent cross farming to do on these islands, people wouldn't be complaining so much about the grind, as far as I see it. 

But I understand what you are saying. 

Archived