Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong vs Excalibur?

Infinitegamer9000

Question

13 answers to this question

I'm a little less "keep everything" than tends to be the norm. Since Mastery Rank is so important up through around MR15. That said...

I suggest keeping warframes until you have set of their parts to be able to replace them. Or, until you've used the many info resources online (look for when they were last updated, as things change) to satisfy yourself that the parts can be easily farmed again later.

Excalibur is a bit of an easy farm, at the moment. So I'd say, take advantage of that. Hold off right now. Farm the Lech Kril assassination mission, see if you can get a full set of spare Excalibur parts, and reassess based on that.

If you've still got your starting platinum, use that for weapon slots and warframe slots. You can also look around, or ask around, for good ways to farm for mods and spare prime parts that can be sold for platinum. Shouldn't take long to accumulate enough to bulk out your inventory space nicely.

Don't replace frames, except with the prime version of that frame (or Umbra in excal's case)...
That said, Excalibur can be a dps machine far better than Wukong, while wukong is tankier and much better suited for spy and capture missions especially (he's the actual fastest warframe).
Another great alternative, and one i always suggest new players for first warframe is Rhino. He's the tankiest warframe in the game (you can get tens of thousands of Iron skin) plus roar is the best damage buff in the game, and his 4 is pretty useful on low levels, being able to wipe rooms with a high strength build. In fact i've cleared my star chart mostly with Rhino, so much so, that because those early uses tend to take longer to do from inexperience, Rhino is still my most used warframe.

As far as obtaining slots, that's what the initial plat should be used in... A couple weapon and a warframe slot. To buy more farm some prime parts from relics, and sell that (or ayatans) to other players. I suggest using warframe.market as a way to gauge the prices and get trades more easily.

I would suggest against replacing any warframe. Getting wukong is a good idea but replacing warframes is not a good idea.

Farm relics and get yourself some platinum to buy extra warframe slots. I'd never suggest ditching a warframe. They're too much fun to swap in/out depending on what you want to do in the game.

As mentioned above, you usually don't want to replace frames - you want to be getting more warframe slots and collecting different tools for different tasks. There are some exceptions (you can usually ditch the standard variant once you get the prime), but your situation you're in is not one of them.

Specifically for switching to Wukong - be a bit careful. Wukong is a very good generalist frame, but he does teach you some bad habits. Starting to main him too early may end up being detrimental to you as a player.

On 2021-06-29 at 9:18 PM, Infinitegamer9000 said:

So I ended up getting an additional slot and getting wukong, imo it's a good frame but not as fun, the immortal techniques make it less fun, actually never used it in spy-will try that.

Thank you guys for the replies!

To each their own. Any single warframe can get old after a while, but the Monkey King is by far my favorite from a Quality of Life standpoint, for my weekend grind sessions. The instant teammate for soloing, the great movement ability, healing options, and ways to cheese the sortie weapon restrictions. Not much difference between the stock and prime versions, either.

On 2021-06-10 at 5:16 PM, Infinitegamer9000 said:

So I was thinking if I should replace my starting excalibur with wukong as wukong's abilities seem more useful than excalibur's abilities. 

Yup you should probably keep excal. I sold him to get the slot he was using and it was a big mistake cause chroma prime is tanky but not really good for survivality. So I suggest you keep him. I don't know where I'm going with this.

On 2021-07-02 at 3:28 PM, sauceyboii11 said:

Yup you should probably keep excal. I sold him to get the slot he was using and it was a big mistake cause chroma prime is tanky but not really good for survivality. So I suggest you keep him. I don't know where I'm going with this.

Ykw I kept excal and he's my most used frame now, 70% or something, only a few nodes left on the star chart now and got the umbra. he's been an incredible frame, I agree not the most optimal but he's been most reliable frame, especially with his exalted blade which I could rely on whenever my weapons failed(the exalted blade is a beast against the sentinels), well now it seems he can't keep up anymore (i'll try getting chromatic blade or something to buff him). Didn't even use wukong that much, he's too good of a frame to be used, lol i use ivara in spy instead of wukong.

If you need that slot, for sure. Wukong is a better frame, and at MR7 you'll get a better excal with a free slot anyway.

On 2021-06-10 at 11:47 PM, ReaverKane said:

Excalibur can be a dps machine far better than Wukong

Flat out wrong. Even after nerfs, there are still melees that can easily match or even outperform exalted blade while not costing any energy and not taking up an ability slot. And aside from that, excal doesn't have anything other than just being a decent starter.

Wukong has better stats, better passive, 3 good abilities (excal only has 1.5), and even that bad ability can be replaced. He's a clear winner in pretty much every department that matters, and by a long mile at that. And i'm saying that as a 20%+ excal playrate guy.

Archived