Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to turn invisible or appear offline

dyslexic2

Question

I just need a solo time. I got a lots of friends for like 7 years of playing this game and whenever i turn online. almost everyone will talk to me and wants to do missions. I don't want to upset some by ignoring them the fact that they can see me playing. I just want to know how to appear offline so that i can do a normal mission with 3 random stranger.

6 answers to this question

I don't believe there is currently any way to be invisible or appear offline in Warframe.

The closest you could get to it is turning on do not disturb mode to prevent people from sending you messages and might stop invites based on the wiki.

/dnd = Do Not Disturb, will provide an auto-response "Hello, I'm using Do Not Disturb mode. Please contact me later". Note that players who already sent you a whisper message in this game session before you enabled /dnd mode will still be able to continue messaging you.

/normal = Enables private messages and invites

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Chat

There are some online games that allow this and you know what is truly hurtful and will upset someone? Finding out that you actually are online and playing, but wanted to avoid your friends instead of being honest and saying "Sorry, want to play solo tonight". All it takes is you forgetting to hide your activity on Steam or Discord or just one person knowing you are online and they might tell someone else etc.

2 hours ago, dyslexic2 said:

I don't want to upset some by ignoring them the fact that they can see me playing.

Others already helped you with the technical suggestions. My two cents, lose that mindset.

While it's true that being polite is indeed criminally underappreciated nowadays, but you gotta stop worrying about upsetting others over small stuff like this.

They need to respect your personal space, even in videogames. If you want to go solo, nobody should (or imho would) be upset.

Archived