Can u get banned for afk spinning with a controller

ToxicPrime02

Question

As the title says. one of my mates had to go do something for 1hr and he got his controller plug it in and set a rubber band spinning his player not doing anything else no attacking no moving etc just the camera spinning and he ended up getting banned the next day. is there a way for him to get unbanned or is that it 

15 answers to this question

What it sounds like to me is that the rubberband got the game thinking a 3rd party software is running. Holding a joystick in the exact direction for an entire hour is suspicious and something that only two things can do: a rubberband on the controller and a 3rd party software. Either ways, using something to keep a button pressed for a long time is something you do only to cheat the system, in your friend's case it was to not trigger the AFK timer which is considered "cheating the system".

In short, your friend technicly cheated and this is the cause for the ban. I think permaban is too harsh in this case but I'm not the one to judge.

Next time, if he knows he will be gone for more than 10 minutes, just abort the mission. He will earn nothing no matter what he will do so the best thing he can do is to just take the "Mission Failed" and get over it. We all had to do it at one point.

1 minute ago, Pinegulf said:

Can you? Yes. Will you? There is no guarantee.

Aight ok is there anyway for him to get his account banned. he started playing last friday and i spent some plat on him to enjoy the game and i dont want it to be a waste of money and plat

Ask him to contact support

http://support.warframe.com/

Using a controller to keep the camera spinning shouldn't be enough to keep the AFK system from flagging you, you wouldn't get any experience points, resources or mission rewards this way, are you sure there wasn't something else he might have done?

There was another person fairly recently that got auto banned, but when they've written a support ticket they got unbanned.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1266949-i-was-doing-a-spy-mission-that-ended-up-giving-me-a-suspension-till-2035/?tab=comments

23 hours ago, ToxicPrime02 said:

ye he already contacted them and they said that they detected 3rd party usage and that nothing could be done

Ok, so it wasn't the Rubber Band that got him banned

but he was running 3rd party software in the background that can potentially be used for cheating and got banned for that.

cheatengine, etc kinds of stuff

2 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Ask him to contact support

http://support.warframe.com/

Using a controller to keep the camera spinning shouldn't be enough to keep the AFK system from flagging you, you wouldn't get any experience points, resources or mission rewards this way, are you sure there wasn't something else he might have done?

There was another person fairly recently that got auto banned, but when they've written a support ticket they got unbanned.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1266949-i-was-doing-a-spy-mission-that-ended-up-giving-me-a-suspension-till-2035/?tab=comments

ye he already contacted them and they said that they detected 3rd party usage and that nothing could be done

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

There it is.

Camera movement doesn't count as actually moving.

I mean ill be more specific for u: No bullet jumping, crouching, walking, running, dashing, swinging swords/melee weapons, jumping, sliding, gliding etc 

16 hours ago, ToxicPrime02 said:

Then this whole thread is a waste of time. 

For the future, a few tips for you and your "friend". 

Don't afk for an hour. Without doing something against the rules, you WILL trigger the timer and lose eligibility for rewards doing it, so why try? 

If you need to afk, try to do it quickly to avoid the afk timer and only do it with friends who are okay with it. 

If you do have to afk and think you might trip the timer because you can't get back in time, don't do something absurd with rubber bands or third party software, as it may have permanent consequences attached.

Cheers! 

Archived