Molosarus, A new Warframe concept

(XBOX)KawaiiAsa

Name Origins:
Molossus (an extinct breed of dog from around the time of Ancient Greece)
Tartarus (meaning 'underworld' in Ancient Greek)
Therion (meaning 'beast' or 'wild animal' in Ancient Greek, used for his Therion Form)
Anthropos (meaning 'human' in Ancient Greek, used for his Anthropos (base) Form)
Polemistès (meaning 'warrior' in Ancient Greek, used for his exalted weapon)

Molosarus, condemned into the void by the Orokin, he harnesses the power of Gods long forgotten by both Tenno and Orokin alike to bring chaos and disaster upon his enemies, all while hiding a beastly form.
Stats:
Health - 150 (450 at max)
Shields - 10 (30 at max)
Armour - 150 (Anthropos Form), 375 (Therion Form)
Energy - 100 (250 at max)
Sprint Speed - 0.95 (Anthropos Form), 1.25 (Therion Form)

Abilities:
Molosarus will have different abilities depending on if he is in Anthropos Form or Therion Form, so I will list both separately.
Anthropos Form
Passive – Every time Molosarus takes damage to his health, he generates Rage Point (up to a max of 1500) for each hp lost. Additionally, as long as Molosarus has no abilities active he slowly regenerates health at a rate of 5% a second.
1st ability: Anger of Zeus – Molosarus marks an enemy 10/15/20/25 away, this enemy is then struck with a bolt of lightening for 200/400/600/800 damage. Enemies within a 5 meter range of the struck enemy will take 50% damage. 25 energy.
2nd ability: Charis  – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points, healing 1hp for every 5 points, and gaining 1 energy for every 10 points. Allies within a 10 meter radius receive 25/30/35/50% of the benefits. 25 energy.
3rd ability: Heart of Ares – Molosarus summons the spirit of Ares, empowering himself and causing melee attacks and abilities to do an extra 20/30/40/50% damage (caps at 150%) for 10/15/20/30 seconds, allies and companions within a 10 meter range upon cast will also receive this buff for the full duration. If Molosarus switches to Therion form then he and affected allies will keep the buff for the full duration. 75 energy.
4th ability: Therion Howl – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points and turns into his Therion Form, a large beast capable of all tenno movement abilities and attacking with sharp claws and fangs, but unable to use regular weaponry. Molosarus gains a 1% damage buff for every 10 Rage Points consumed (up to 100% at max points) for 30/45/60/75 seconds. Ranking up this ability affects the rank of the Therion version of his abilities. 100 energy, no drain.

Therion Form
Passive – Every time Molosarus takes damage to his health, he generates Rage Point (up to a max of 1500) for each hp lost. Additionally, as long as Molosarus has no abilities active he slowly regenerates health at a rate of 5% a second.
1st ability: Rage of Zeus – Molosarus marks an area 5/8/12/15 meters large at his crosshair, this area is then filled with a thunderstorm that lasts for 10/15/20/30 seconds. Enemies in this area will take 200/300/400/600 damage every second. 25 energy.
2nd ability: Lyssa – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points to deal 5/6/8/10 damage for each point consumed in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius around himself, enemies killed by this will give 15 Rage Points. 50 energy.
3rd ability: Soul of Ares – Molosarus howls loudly, summoning the spirit of Ares behind himself and causes enemies to panic in a 15/20/25/30 meter radius, making enemies move 20/25/30/40% slower (capped at 80%) and also causing enemies to deal 10/15/20/25% less damage (capped at 75%) for 5/10/15/20 seconds. Allies within a 15 meter radius will generate the same effect with a 75/50/25/10% smaller range. If Molosarus switches to Anthropos form then the debuffs will stay on affected enemies for the full duration. 75 energy.
4th ability: Anthropos Shout – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points and turns into his Anthropos Form, his base humanoid form. Molosarus gains a 1% damage buff for every 10 Rage Points consumed (up to 100% at max points) for 30/45/60/75 seconds. 100 energy.

Exalted Weapon: Polemis – In his Therion Form, slashes and bites with deadly claws and fangs, staggering enemies with every hit and causing slash procs. This weapon has a high crit-chance with a 3.5x crit multiplier

Numbers might be subject to change since I am not good with warframe numbers.
Overall I wanted to try and make a warframe where either of its forms can be used interchangeably while each having their own benefits.

If there are any things that might need changed or are poorly explained/sound too OP or useless, then please do tell me.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)KawaiiAsa said:

Passive – Every time Molosarus takes damage to his health, he has a 50% chance to generate a Rage Point (up to a max of 1000) for each hp lost. Additionally, as long as Molosarus has no abilities active he slowly regenerates health at a rate of 1hp every 2 seconds (scales with health mods).

Seems like a rather pointless chance. It's better to just translate 1 health lost to 1 rage and adjust the rest of the skills accordingly. About the health regen , if it's going to scale with health mods to %max health gained. The passive would be clearer and simpler. 

"Molosarus gain 1 rage point per hp lost ( up to 2000). Additionally molosarus gains 0,24% max HP health/ second as long as he has no active abilities."

Frankly I find the self heal component weird either make it strong enough to warrant a clause or get rid off it. Pushing it as far as 10% / s would not be broken with a out of combat clause ( no damage done or taken ) given the availability off heals now days. 

ability: Rage of Zeus – Molosarus marks an area 5/8/12/15 meters large at his crosshair, this area is then filled with a thunderstorm that lasts for 10/15/20/30 seconds. Enemies in this area will take 200/300/400/600 damage every second. 25 energy.

Way to similar to Volt shock

3rd ability: Heart of Ares – Molosarus summons the spirit of Ares, empowering himself and causing melee attacks and abilities to do an extra 20/30/40/50% damage (caps at 100% from mods) for 10/15/20/30 seconds, allies and companions within a 10 meter range upon cast will also receive this buff for the full duration. If Molosarus switches to Therion form then he will keep the buff for the full duration. 75 energy.

Don't see a reason for the cap since roar is strictly better and has no cap ( unless this ability Doble dips on exalted melee weapons on witch case it should be reworked to not double dip ) 

2nd ability: Lyssa – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points to deal 1/2/3/4 damage for each point consumed in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius around himself, enemies killed by this will give 15 Rage Points. 50 energy.

Fine

2nd ability: Lyssa – Molosarus consumes all available Rage Points to deal 1/2/3/4 damage for each point consumed in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius around himself, enemies killed by this will give 15 Rage Points. 50 energy.

Going to be useless as soon as you leave the star chart. Maybe give it marking mechanic so you can get the refund as long as the enemies die shortly after. Also the refund amount is way to small it would take 67 kills to get a full refund. At he 20 enemies range its ready reasonable to get a full refund.

Also I find the entire Rage mechanic a bit odd given a lack off taunt , chroma already has a odd gameplay loop ( stand on front off enemies until the bar fill ) precisely due to a lack off a taunt mechanic to turn the self damage part more reliable 

7 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Seems like a rather pointless chance. It's better to just translate 1 health lost to 1 rage and adjust the rest of the skills accordingly. About the health regen , if it's going to scale with health mods to %max health gained. The passive would be clearer and simpler. 

"Molosarus gain 1 rage point per hp lost ( up to 2000). Additionally molosarus gains 0,24% max HP health/ second as long as he has no active abilities."

Frankly I find the self heal component weird either make it strong enough to warrant a clause or get rid off it. Pushing it as far as 10% / s would not be broken with a out of combat clause ( no damage done or taken ) given the availability off heals now days. 

Like I said at the end, I'm not too good with number balancing for Warframe, but I did have a thought in the back of my head that 1hp every 2 seconds was a bit too low, I might crank it up to maybe 5% of his max hp a second while keeping the same restrictions, since I was trying to keep it low since I had the Rejuvenation aura in mind and didn't want to make too much of a broken passive self-heal.
Also I have a really weird reason for it being up to chance and why the hp regen is so low: if it was higher and a 100% chance to give rage, then its entirely possible for someone to just stand in a group of enemies and not die, get 1000 stacks and then just decimate them all at once.

16 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Don't see a reason for the cap since roar is strictly better and has no cap ( unless this ability Doble dips on exalted melee weapons on witch case it should be reworked to not double dip ) 

I guess I forgot to mention this in the description for it (oops), but it wouldn't double-proc on exalted melee's. And I put the cap on since you could get both Heart of Ares and Roar active on one frame which could lead to insane power-creep if uncapped, assuming they can stack (since from my maths, you could get 2 procs of +162% damage without use of Empower). I could always increase that cap to around 150% though. Once again, numbers aren't really my thing.

30 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Going to be useless as soon as you leave the star chart. Maybe give it marking mechanic so you can get the refund as long as the enemies die shortly after. Also the refund amount is way to small it would take 67 kills to get a full refund. At he 20 enemies range its ready reasonable to get a full refund. 

once again, I'm bad at numbers, but this damage would scale with strength mods, meaning it'd be entirely possible to be able to deal 12,000 damage in a single cast to a wide area of enemies if you ran a full strength build. Although I guess given the insane enemy health scaling in Warframe, it could be fair to increase the numbers slightly to maybe 10 or 15 for each rage, since getting a full 1000 stack without dying seems really unlikely unless you play extremely safely and not the way I pictured him. Also your idea for a marking mechanic on it does sound pretty good, I might borrow that.

38 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also I find the entire Rage mechanic a bit odd given a lack off taunt , chroma already has a odd gameplay loop ( stand on front off enemies until the bar fill ) precisely due to a lack off a taunt mechanic to turn the self damage part more reliable 

I didn't see him having a taunt-esque ability or passive worth having, since I picture Molosarus as a frame that would rush straight into the middle of all the enemies before shredding them, although his 1st ability doesn't really fit that, another oops on my part... Might change his 1st to fit my view.

41 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Way to similar to Volt shock

And with this I'm guessing you accidentally quoted the wrong version of his 1st ability? Unless they shadow-changed Volt's shock ability and I didn't know about it.

Archived