Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug - Chat overlay offset

ChangeChameleon

BUMP - Myself and several others have this happening in game repeatedly since the 30.3.5 update - seemingly around resolution change events.

Fix it please.

PS you can just move it back by dragging it - but it resetting here quite often is annoying.

I thought it was just me because my clannies cannot confirm this issue exists. Same symptoms here. I did notice that sometimes when transitioning inside the loading screen, the loading diamond UI element in the top left SHRINKS, and during the brief flicker of shrinking before it restores to normal size, the chat box moves up. This leads me to believe that the loading screen is using a different UI scaling/resolution than our settings permit for a brief moment, causing the chat box to be constrained to a lower resolution area of the screen after loading.

In addition to the chat box jumping upwards, while changing the box size so I have to re-size it manually, again and again,
I also had the text size (or something) jump to small once, even though in the options it was still on large.

I've noticed that when this happens that the game kinda flashes for a second. Kinda like the resolution changes for a split second, which is then followed with the resolution being normal, but the chat window is pushed up to the middle. I've had to reset my chat window location three times so far in the past couple of days because of this.

Most likely related, I just had a (slow) loading hiccup (which was severe enough it ended with failing to join the mission),
during which I noticed that the tooltip in the upper left rapidly jumped resolutions / text sizes for a few seconds,
and of course it also turned out to have moved & resized my Chat box once again, when I checked on that back in the Orbiter.

I read they made some changes to how scaling works in the latest hotfix, which is probably what caused this for some specific configurations.

Anyways, it could be a coincidence, but the problem seems to have disappeared be less frequent for me after updating my nvidia drivers to the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand how this is a bug. Whenever there is an update that effects the graphics, the resolution changes for a moment. That is why the location of the chat box has moved.

Did you know you can just click-and-drag the chat box? You can move it and resize it.

Archived