Jump to content

Option to change specter loadout


Recommended Posts

Don't know if this has been talked about ready or if fellow tenno care about specters but wouldnt it be great to be able to change specter loadout?

 

Hopefully I get lucky twice in these forums cause last time I made one I talked about wanting new variants of old guns for syndicates, specifically the kohm is the one I talked about and 2 months later we get kuva weapons. I am very happy with my kuva kohm's.

P.s specter mods would pretty sick. They dont have to be good, maybe diminished versions of old mods. Maybe allow us to give them a command who to focus their attack on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, first of all, your first post had nothing to do with luck. The Kuva weapons would’ve taken much longer than 2 months to design, create, program and implement, likely closer to 6-12 months.

 

That was just sheer coincidence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean change the loadout of already built spectres? Because you can already change your specter loadout whenever you build a new one.

Mods might be an issue with how specters work, right now the reason they don't use mods is because they scale damage with specter level and defences with mission level

It would be cool if you could waypoint an enemy and have the specter focus on it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

currently, you can change specter loadout on ones that are built, but it copies whatever you have equipped, so first you have to equip what you want on your specter and then copy it onto your Specter. it would probably be a lot easier if there was a new tab in the arsenal for your Specter loadouts, and whatever you select in that loadout is applied to specters: that way you don't have to go through the hassle of changing gear and then having to change back to what you were using before. 

it'd be nice a QoL fix, but outside of Solo I doubt enough people use Specters to warrant DE putting in any work on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

currently, you can change specter loadout on ones that are built, but it copies whatever you have equipped, so first you have to equip what you want on your specter and then copy it onto your Specter. it would probably be a lot easier if there was a new tab in the arsenal for your Specter loadouts, and whatever you select in that loadout is applied to specters: that way you don't have to go through the hassle of changing gear and then having to change back to what you were using before. 

it'd be nice a QoL fix, but outside of Solo I doubt enough people use Specters to warrant DE putting in any work on it.

Are you talking about the Vapor, Phase, Force and Cosmic Specter's, if so I'd love to know how to do that.

How do you change those ones, I have some really old ones created back when I first started playing I'd like to swap out get rid of.

Do you build a new Specter type while having the weapons equipped and does that overwrite the one you already have.

Edit:
So if I'm reading it right you have to build a new specter/s while having the warframe and weapons equipped when you click build?

Quote

Warframe Specters are AI-controlled replicants of Warframes. These Specters act autonomously from the player, and can provide support by engaging enemies with their weapons and Warframe powers. There are four ranks of Specter based on their acquisition difficulty, namely Vapor, Phase, Force, and Cosmic. Specters can be customized with any Warframes and weapons that the player owns, allowing for a wide range of versatility in Specter loadouts.

A Specter is crafted from the Foundry by copying the player's current loadout.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Specter_(Tenno)

 

Edited by Slayer-.
added
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

While you can customize a specter loadout by building new ones, I would love to see the system revamped. Our Railjack companions can accept colors and accessories: I'd love to see that expanded to specters as well.

Let me throw the pokeball and allow me to summon anything from an almost stalker excalibur to a blinding pink rhino! Gonna catch em all!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Are you talking about the Vapor, Phase, Force and Cosmic Specter's, if so I'd love to know how to do that.

How do you change those ones, I have some really old ones created back when I first started playing I'd like to swap out get rid of.

Do you build a new Specter type while having the weapons equipped and does that overwrite the one you already have.

Edit:
So if I'm reading it right you have to build a new specter/s while having the warframe and weapons equipped when you click build?

 

Yep, you can change it by simply building a new one. It will give you the option to keep the old loadout or overwrite with your current setup.

 

I'd like to be able to change this on the fly too, but honestly It's not that bad. My specters are good as-is and don't really need an update at the moment. Maybe when I get a better weapon for them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always forget that Specters exist.  I would probably use them if they weren't consumables.  I tend not to use anything that is a consumable.  And since I can complete all the content without consumables, it feels like spending resources is a waste.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Yep, you can change it by simply building a new one. It will give you the option to keep the old loadout or overwrite with your current setup.

 

I'd like to be able to change this on the fly too, but honestly It's not that bad. My specters are good as-is and don't really need an update at the moment. Maybe when I get a better weapon for them.

Thank you, I still have specters from my first starter frame created. lol changing them on the go could be very handy.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I always forget that Specters exist.  I would probably use them if they weren't consumables.  I tend not to use anything that is a consumable.  And since I can complete all the content without consumables, it feels like spending resources is a waste.

I like watching when a mate drops a specter in a nightmare mission, damn it's hilarious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I always forget that Specters exist.  I would probably use them if they weren't consumables.  I tend not to use anything that is a consumable.  And since I can complete all the content without consumables, it feels like spending resources is a waste.

You can build them in large amounts very easily. I don't use them in every mission, but they are very handy in interception missions, excavation missions or disruption missions and such.

Mind you that specters scale to the mission level when you summon them. So even the lowest level one is useful. I tend to pick specters with self sustain like Oberon or Wisp. Wisp lasts the longest imo and you get free buffs.

18 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

 

Thank you, I still have specters from my first starter frame created. lol changing them on the go could be very handy.

I like watching when a mate drops a specter in a nightmare mission, damn it's hilarious.

No prob. Haha yea it's funny. I sometimes forget and they oneshot me and I'm like: ah yea ok... lol.

I tried the On call crew member in a nightmare mission and they are ok. They do not become hostile towards you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

No prob. Haha yea it's funny. I sometimes forget and they oneshot me and I'm like: ah yea ok... lol.

I tried the On call crew member in a nightmare mission and they are ok. They do not become hostile towards you.

The most times I use a specter is to drop an ancient healer in a long mission.

The mate has a wisp specter, the wisp is handy but most times I wouldn't want the electric mote deployed only health and haste.

I'd like to see a tick box of skills so you can go into a sub menu and untick say the electric mote but I know that'll never happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

currently, you can change specter loadout on ones that are built, but it copies whatever you have equipped, so first you have to equip what you want on your specter and then copy it onto your Specter. it would probably be a lot easier if there was a new tab in the arsenal for your Specter loadouts, and whatever you select in that loadout is applied to specters: that way you don't have to go through the hassle of changing gear and then having to change back to what you were using before. 

it'd be nice a QoL fix, but outside of Solo I doubt enough people use Specters to warrant DE putting in any work on it.

Thats the problem. You need to build a new one and wait the 8 hours. It would be nice being able to change your loadout whenever you felt like it. I was testing specters the other day and I was surprised how well they did in steel path. I had Frost specter making globes for me in defense and it worked perfectly. The specter was actually killing too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Do you mean change the loadout of already built spectres? Because you can already change your specter loadout whenever you build a new one.

Mods might be an issue with how specters work, right now the reason they don't use mods is because they scale damage with specter level and defences with mission level

It would be cool if you could waypoint an enemy and have the specter focus on it.

Something like that would be beautiful. People like to say specters are useless but yet when someone wants to pitch ideas to make them better they get all, you know. 

Anyways, yeah I got the idea from doing arbitration after having a banshee build that locked the room down. The drones were a problem cause they made enemies invulnerable and pass through my quake. Most of the time I have allies helping take them down but when ppl get tired and extract I'm left alone. Specters with secura penta really helped out a lot. I was surprised they were able to destroy drones with little effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-06-11 at 8:13 PM, PiercingRhino said:

Something like that would be beautiful. People like to say specters are useless but yet when someone wants to pitch ideas to make them better they get all, you know. 

Anyways, yeah I got the idea from doing arbitration after having a banshee build that locked the room down. The drones were a problem cause they made enemies invulnerable and pass through my quake. Most of the time I have allies helping take them down but when ppl get tired and extract I'm left alone. Specters with secura penta really helped out a lot. I was surprised they were able to destroy drones with little effort.

Now that we are on the same page, thinking about it that change would be a huge quality of life change for specters. Instead of picking loadout per specter build instead add a spectre page to the foundry (or arsenal) and have a loadout for each tier of specter. You still have to build the consumable but now it just uses whatever is in the appropriate specter level loadout. Part of this behavior is already in game: different levels of specters remember different loadouts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Now that we are on the same page, thinking about it that change would be a huge quality of life change for specters. Instead of picking loadout per specter build instead add a spectre page to the foundry (or arsenal) and have a loadout for each tier of specter. You still have to build the consumable but now it just uses whatever is in the appropriate specter level loadout. Part of this behavior is already in game: different levels of specters remember different loadouts.

You mean like the loadouts for Frames? Testing out specter loadouts is a hassle when having to wait 8 hours to have a new specter crafted. Theres sooo many weapons to test and having to wait 8 hours for a new one to get done is just a pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PiercingRhino said:

You mean like the loadouts for Frames? Testing out specter loadouts is a hassle when having to wait 8 hours to have a new specter crafted. Theres sooo many weapons to test and having to wait 8 hours for a new one to get done is just a pain.

Yes. basically you'd have a loadout slot specifically for each tier of specter (vapor, phase, force, cosmic) You would still have to craft the consumable (8h) but it would pull the information from the specter loadout instead of the built specter, updating the already crafted items if you modify your specter loadouts.

The upside to this is:

  1. easier experimentation
  2. quicker to change specters if you have a bunch built
  3. no more wasted built specters.

The downsides:

  1.  More server space for DE
  2. Major reduction in specter cost if you want to build different types
  3. changing your loadout changes all specters in existence which some players might not want.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Yes. basically you'd have a loadout slot specifically for each tier of specter (vapor, phase, force, cosmic) You would still have to craft the consumable (8h) but it would pull the information from the specter loadout instead of the built specter, updating the already crafted items if you modify your specter loadouts.

The upside to this is:

  1. easier experimentation
  2. quicker to change specters if you have a bunch built
  3. no more wasted built specters.

The downsides:

  1.  More server space for DE
  2. Major reduction in specter cost if you want to build different types
  3. changing your loadout changes all specters in existence which some players might not want.

How would this require more space for DE? I mean you already have a loadout slot per specter type. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Drasiel said:

3. no more wasted built specters.

They arent wasted now either since all of them get replaced when you make a new one with a new loadout. Unless you mean that those that get replaced are wasted incase the new one you try doesnt work out as planned, so you are stuck with all specters being sucky for the next 8 hours (or more if you wanna try other options). If so I completely follow.

I would still really like a specter loadout option in the arsenal that applies to the specters in "real time", that way we could have different vapors on different frames for instance. Right now I use Protea specter on all frames since all frames but two use energy and it is just too much of a hazzle using different specter tiers, since not even the gear wheel is tied to a specific loadout. I wouldnt mind a simple system that allows me to use a different specter on Hildy and Lavos without having to fiddle with the gear wheel prior to missions.

A loadout for each specter tier that updates the consumable in real time would be the best option. However it probably isnt the easiest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They arent wasted now either since all of them get replaced when you make a new one with a new loadout. Unless you mean that those that get replaced are wasted incase the new one you try doesnt work out as planned, so you are stuck with all specters being sucky for the next 8 hours (or more if you wanna try other options). If so I completely follow.

I would still really like a specter loadout option in the arsenal that applies to the specters in "real time", that way we could have different vapors on different frames for instance. Right now I use Protea specter on all frames since all frames but two use energy and it is just too much of a hazzle using different specter tiers, since not even the gear wheel is tied to a specific loadout. I wouldnt mind a simple system that allows me to use a different specter on Hildy and Lavos without having to fiddle with the gear wheel prior to missions.

A loadout for each specter tier that updates the consumable in real time would be the best option. However it probably isnt the easiest.

I meant the prior because it's been so long since I fiddled with my specter loadout I forgot that, But I'll just pretend it's the latter and I didn't want to waste specter build time with a failed combination because that also sucks.

Ideally I would love that too it's a much more robust system. I worry a bit about the server load for it making it unpalatable to DE though. They always want to give us more space but it seems to take a lot of number crunching and assessing on their end before we see changes.

Edit:

@RazerXPrime

Because I was super tired and my brain told me: this will take up more server space and I believed it but now I can't figure out how it would.

Edited by Drasiel
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Drasiel said:

I meant the prior because it's been so long since I fiddled with my specter loadout I forgot that, But I'll just pretend it's the latter and I didn't want to waste specter build time with a failed combination because that also sucks.

Ideally I would love that too it's a much more robust system. I worry a bit about the server load for it making it unpalatable to DE though. They always want to give us more space but it seems to take a lot of number crunching and assessing on their end before we see changes.

Edit:

@RazerXPrime

Because I was super tired and my brain told me: this will take up more server space and I believed it but now I can't figure out how it would.

They could always limit us. So a specter of a specific tier can only ever have 3 different loadouts. That would limit the needed storage space per player to a total of 12 since there are 4 specter tiers. That would increase it by 8 compared to now, since currently we can have 4 seperate specter setups.

Another option is that they streamline the tiers so there is only on single tier. That would reduce the storage space even if they gave us 3 loadout slots for the specter since we'd only need 3 compared to 4 things stored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They could always limit us. So a specter of a specific tier can only ever have 3 different loadouts. That would limit the needed storage space per player to a total of 12 since there are 4 specter tiers. That would increase it by 8 compared to now, since currently we can have 4 seperate specter setups.

Another option is that they streamline the tiers so there is only on single tier. That would reduce the storage space even if they gave us 3 loadout slots for the specter since we'd only need 3 compared to 4 things stored.

That would also follow their themeng with abc sub loadouts for everything else. 

Reducing specters to a single tier might be difficult as right now specters damage and level scale with the specter type:

vapor: spawn at current level of enemies

Phase: same as vapor +3 levels

force: same as vapor +5 levels

cosmic: same as vapor + 10 levels

arguably you could just make the single specter behave as cosmic but you run into the problem of lower level specters being more powerful than lower level players. I like our idea of limiting to 3 per type the most.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-06-11 at 5:27 AM, PiercingRhino said:

Don't know if this has been talked about ready or if fellow tenno care about specters but wouldnt it be great to be able to change specter loadout?

That would be nice....

Especially since there's already an Interface in the menu that could potentially allow this already.... It wouldnt even take all that long to implimented.... Atleast not for a mod 😝 !!!

On 2021-06-11 at 6:45 AM, Drasiel said:

Do you mean change the loadout of already built spectres?

Yep... That's probably what he/she means....

On 2021-06-11 at 12:58 PM, Slayer-. said:

Do you build a new Specter type while having the weapons equipped and does that overwrite the one you already have.

Yep.... As far as I know....

On 2021-06-11 at 5:41 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

I always forget that Specters exist.  I would probably use them if they weren't consumables.  I tend not to use anything that is a consumable.  And since I can complete all the content without consumables, it feels like spending resources is a waste.

This is something that warrants scientific research because I'm willing to bet the Majority of Gamers unconciously behave this way and only Truly Elite Ninja's such as you and me are actually aware of the fact that we don't use Consumables purely because they are Finite...

On 2021-06-12 at 3:25 AM, Slayer-. said:

 

I'd like to see a tick box of skills so you can go into a sub menu and untick say the electric mote but I know that'll never happen

That's a Solo Players Dream... 😁 !!! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...