Prisma Machete finally a real deal

Myscho

Was looking at Profile numbers and notice number doesnt add up in Melee category, checked closely and there is Prisma Machete unranked. 

So we got leak after last hotfix and DE is making Prisma Machete finally real deal after all these years

Prisma machete huh?

I love the way the Machete looks, and I have an OK (but not god tier or even A-tier) Riven for it. I probably won't be taking it to Steel Path but it's MR points and something to play with. I'm guessing Baro will be bringing that at some point. 

I mean, the weapon's been in the game for at least 2 years already, just exclusive to China.  We already know the stats according to the wiki.

Quick glance at it, looks like it's better than the regular Machete, and worse than the Wraith variant.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

The real question is if its going to be better than machete wraith, a sidegrade or mastery fodder

In between regular and wraith

Edited by Myscho

23 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

The real question is if its going to be better than machete wraith, a sidegrade or mastery fodder

Downgrade from Wraith, unless the stats are boosted.  Which seems unlikely if only because of the recent example of the Carmine Penta.

This thread has reminded me how fun the Cyclone Machete Wraith is though.

1 hour ago, Nesodos said:

That Machete was from the China Build, like the Carmine Penta was.

So the stats might actually be lower than the Wraith's.

Which means that its not power creep.

Which means it cant be stronker than everything else like no one ever was.

Which means we shall dismiss it as worthless and clutter.

Which means that its trash.

Which means that, yes. Its fodder.

Which means that DE doesnt like the game.

Which means that DE hates the players for not giving us more power.

But if they gave power, then they hate the game because mor power creep kills it.

Which means they hate the players, they are making the game booring.

But if they gave power creep... 

*logic loop continues*

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I mean you can see what the stats are on the Wiki. DE even listed them in the patch notes of the Old Blood update. Or even better yet just link it in-game.

The issue is that it is a pure downgrade to Machete W in every stat except Riven disposition (which technically should get axed if DE follows the new weapon = 0.5 disposition rule.)
If the two were sidegrades with say the Prisma variant favoring crit and high damage, but lower speed while the Wraith one favored status with lower damage but higher speed, I could get behind it.
But as it stands it makes no sense. Only way to get both is from Baro, so why is he selling a pure downgrade of the same weapon. At best its just a skin.

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Enjoy that sweet af 0.5 disposition lol

Carmine Penta got to us with higher dispo,  presumably because it already existed on the China servers.  So he might be enjoying a sweet 1.45 dispo.  (Wraith would still be better though.)

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Carmine Penta got to us with higher dispo,  presumably because it already existed on the China servers.  So he might be enjoying a sweet 1.45 dispo.  (Wraith would still be better though.)

yes wraith would be stronger statistically but i'm more interested in how long mine can grow, currently have a +range+attk spd riven which comes to around 8.75m with P Reach, Prisma might be over 9000! 9m

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I mean you can see what the stats are on the Wiki. DE even listed them in the patch notes of the Old Blood update. Or even better yet just link it in-game.

The issue is that it is a pure downgrade to Machete W in every stat except Riven disposition (which technically should get axed if DE follows the new weapon = 0.5 disposition rule.)
If the two were sidegrades with say the Prisma variant favoring crit and high damage, but lower speed while the Wraith one favored status with lower damage but higher speed, I could get behind it.
But as it stands it makes no sense. Only way to get both is from Baro, so why is he selling a pure downgrade of the same weapon. At best its just a skin.

Dude, the Prisma is NOT a new weapon. It was just a china exclusive, has been for years.

It would be a downgrade if the Wraith was the base weapon, but no, the base weapon is the normal Machete.

20 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

yes wraith would be stronger statistically but i'm more interested in how long mine can grow, currently have a +range+attk spd riven which comes to around 8.75m with P Reach, Prisma might be over 9000! 9m

Wraith is at 1.4x disposition, Prisma is at 1.45x according to the Wiki. Enjoy that 3.5% more range on your riven I guess

23 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

That Machete was from the China Build, like the Carmine Penta was.

Which means that its not power creep.

Which means it cant be stronker than everything else like no one ever was.

Which means we shall dismiss it as worthless and clutter.

Which means that its trash.

Which means that, yes. Its fodder.

Which means that DE doesnt like the game.

Which means that DE hates the players for not giving us more power.

But if they gave power, then they hate the game because mor power creep kills it.

Which means they hate the players, they are making the game booring.

But if they gave power creep... 

*logic loop continues*

Dude, stop with that passive aggressive accusations and look at the stats yourself.

If its a "new" variant thats straight up worse in every aspect than an already existing version of the same weapon then thats the prime definition of mastery fodder...
Carmine Penta got its ammo gimmick and slightly more aoe damage but less crit and status than the secura variant so its an actual sidegrade.
Why can't Prisma Machete be a sidegrade too? (both are sold by baro btw...)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Dude, stop with that passive aggressive accusations and look at the stats yourself.

If its a "new" variant thats straight up worse in every aspect than an already existing version of the same weapon then thats the prime definition of mastery fodder...
Carmine Penta got its ammo gimmick and slightly more aoe damage but less crit and status than the secura variant so its an actual sidegrade.
Why can't Prisma Machete be a sidegrade too? (both are sold by baro btw...)

Yeah, I did. Its stronger than the normal Machete. But weaker than the Wraith.

Its not what I've seen when people saw the Carmine Penta.

Dude. If you saw my jab at how the Forums can never agree to anything as passive-agressive, be my guest. But while you say the Carmine Penta is decent sidegrade to the Secura, we get these:

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Can you read in context? Prisma is a downgrade from Wraith, which is what I was talking about.

Sure can. I can see that we've met an impasse in terms of what should be stronger.

I know that variants have to be compared to the normal one and there can be other variants that are stronger than the other variant. You say that its worse than the Wraith, which makes it worse.

I dont I agree with you.

You dont agree with me.

And I can see we wont reach a common denominator.

So I will just say lets agree to disagree. As Lil' Ducklin' would say "No skin off my proverbial, maitey".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

You say that its worse than the Wraith, which makes it worse.

I dont I agree with you.

What is there to disagree with? Unless you like contradicting objective truth. It is objectively true that the Prisma is worse than the Wraith.

I know that variants have to be compared to the normal one

By your assertion only.
A new variant has to be compared to the strongest old variant. See? I can make assertions too.

Sure can. I can see that we've met an impasse in terms of what should be stronger.

I make no claim as to which should be stronger, only that introducing a "new" variant with every stat being worse than the existing variant all while having the exact same acquisition method is silly.
I'm fine with one variant being stronger (Prisma Gorgon vs Gorgon W for example) so long as a modicum of effort is made to make them at least partially distinct.

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
a word
  • Like 2