Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having Arbitration and Steel Path separate is redundant. Let's merge them and get the best of both.

Bakaguya-sama

Both are supposed to be the Hard Mode of Warframe, unlocked after clearing the Star Chart. Both have special enemy modifiers (increased levels, increased HP/armor/shield, invulnerability shield drone etc.). Both rewards players with special token drops, which can be exchanged in their own specific shop. With so many similarities, having them being separate features is redundant. So let's make Arbitration a feature of Steel Path. 

How it will work:  

1. Arbitration shop and Steel Path shop merge into 1, with all of the loots (Kuva, Grendel parts, Operator fashion, Riven mods etc.) being available from the same table. Can be accessed from both Hexis and Teshin, just to avoid confusing older players coming back to the game. Any existing balance of Vitus and Steel Path Essence will be added together. (might run into some problem with kuva conversion rate, but that's for DE to sort out).   
  2. Rotate map/gamemode/ damage bonus every hour (same as Arbitration is now).  
  3. Enemies will start at Lvl 250, and have the Steel Path modifiers (2.5x HP, Armor and Shield). 
  4. Keep the Arbitration drop table (Adaptation, Ayatan statues etc.)    
  5. Both Arbitration drones and Steel Path Acolytes will spawn. Acolytes will drop guaranteed tokens like usual. Drones will also drop token with a random chance, although possibly at a slightly reduced rate to balance things out.  
  6. Revive rule same as Arbitration. If someone goes down the team will have to collect chips dropped from Arbi drones to revive them.  
  7. 1 minute consumables cooldown from Steel Path

(The rest of Steel Path will function like normal, in case that needs to be said).  

This will be an Extra Hard Mode. Steel Path+ under Arbitration format to both increase difficulty avoid diluting the matchmaking pool.  Hopefully the combination of Steel Path modifiers and Arbitration drones is sufficient to make it actually difficult (as in you can't just camp in 1 spot and farm with Khora forever). it should be difficult enough to justify the increased rewards, as the token drop rate will be significantly improved with 2 sources.  

Thoughts?  

I can’t even begin to describe how much I hate this idea.

I like arbitration.

I don’t like steel path.

Giving the enemy a little support drone that makes them invulnerable and then making it super hard to kill right off the bat because of the boosted armor, more health and it being level 125. On top of the enemies themselves taking even longer to kill. Just no. The arbitration drones are annoying enough on their own. We don’t need to make the whole ordeal even worse.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Everything should have SP spawn numbers. 

Optionally. Have you ever tried a SP interception solo on the smaller tiles? Since enemies only have to exist in the area to contest player capture, and there's an unceasing swarm, you almost can't even clear them out fast enough if you happen to lose a point. Yes, with some hard-lockdown and room-blender melees it's doable, but 'everything' at SP spawns includes players with limited power and tools progressing the regular chart. Or players who don't want to have to try-hard specific loadouts just to make a basic mission type not tantamount impossible.

On 2021-06-12 at 7:22 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

Everything should have SP spawn numbers. 

The spawn numbers are fine if you’re not bringing a sledgehammer to the fight; a player has the chance to be a sneaky ninja, climbing along walls to drop down behind a target. And they’re just enough to overwhelm if a player isn’t successfully holding them back, but small enough that recovery of the situation is possible

I’m not sure how the spawnrate is, but I doubt Steel Path spawn numbers would preserve that

Ah yes, the idea excites me... look at my nipples!

LOOK AT THEM!!!

Yes please, i'd like that, Arbies are kinda boring the first 30 minutes atm for me.

But make it optional for other folks who dont wanna deal with sponge enemies.

15 hours ago, GuardWarg said:

Though SP level spawn numbers in Arby Survival and Defense would be nice.

Careful what you wish for, if they increase spawn numbers in survival they'd probably also give enemies the extra-terrible drop chance of life support that they have on SP, making it harder to upkeep even though you're carving up many more foes in the same time.

Defense already takes too long to get all the enemies out too, adding more quantity for it to gradually trickle in would only make it worse.

Also, more spawn = more anti-fun drones to deal with.

On 2021-06-15 at 11:22 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:

Careful what you wish for, if they increase spawn numbers in survival they'd probably also give enemies the extra-terrible drop chance of life support that they have on SP, making it harder to upkeep even though you're carving up many more foes in the same time.

Defense already takes too long to get all the enemies out too, adding more quantity for it to gradually trickle in would only make it worse.

Also, more spawn = more anti-fun drones to deal with.

More spawns=more drones=more chances for vitus drop=yes please.

I would be down for that, but I understand if that would an issue for someone.

Archived