Nvidia Driver 466.77 Safe to use? - GTX 760

16Bitman

Question

I downloaded the, at the time, newest Nvidia Driver last Friday, this caused my GPU to crash frequently when I tabbed out of the game and back into it, it even automaticly opened this webpage every time for me.

https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail

Since my last GPU burned out while playing Warframe, I assumed this one was toast too, but luckily downgrading back to 466.47 fixed all issues.

I would've included the old version name, but Nvidia went as far as taking that version down from their website entirely

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Now instead of potentially downloading another driver that doesn't work, I'm asking the few of you that still run this card if you had run into any issues with the previous driver and if you are having any issues right now. I've seen many threads of people getting falsely banned and quickly getting unbanned after a ticket within the last week, which just strengthened my suspicion that something wasn't quite right with that driver.

Edit: The faulty driver version might have been called "466.63"

5 answers to this question

I am getting Blue Screen of Death with 466.77 and 2080 as check window dmp file and reported it back to Nvidia. It occurs on exit game or mission. Rolled back one driver as the new one supports 3070ti and 3080ti, yes you know the mythical card that very few people will see in the wild or shops.

24 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

I use that one, haven't had issues.
Might be that you're either having bad luck at the silicone lottery, or you're messing up your OC (if Overclocking).

Nah.

Had this card since 2017, never had any kind of issues with it, never overclocked either, everything is fine again since I ditched 466.63 (?) and got back to 466.47 .

4 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Nah.

Had this card since 2017, never had any kind of issues with it, never overclocked either, everything is fine again since I ditched 466.63 (?) and got back to 466.47 .

OK, might be some weird compatibility thing, happens. I had a huge issue with my internet connectivity once, turns out some weird SOUND driver that was bundled with the GPU driver (i'm assuming its for the HDMI or display port sound) was having compatibility issues with my ethernet driver...
Those things tend to be resolved by the next version.

Archived