Why is DE avoiding Critical Deceleration?

It could have been 'left alone' due to it potentially breaking (making op) a couple of the low fire rate shotguns....

In all honesty I'm not sure it actually needs buffing apart from making it so you can 'hit 100%' on those weapons where it hits just below that currently.

• Like 1

Ah yes, over 100% critical chances with so many pellets is broken (sound familiar? 😉). First DE will need to nerf critical chance on shotguns to be commensurate with number pellets and then Critical Deceleration buff and Primed Blunderbuss will come.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It could have been 'left alone' due to it potentially breaking (making op) a couple of the low fire rate shotguns....

> making op
> low fire rate

Kinda a pick 1 situation there.

What low fire rate shotguns are there to break even? Arca Plasmor, Strun, and Corinth? Critical Deceleration forces you to pay another mod slot in the form of fire rate, so you could replicate the effect to a degree by slotting Blunderbuss + Laser Sight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

I just can't understand the reasoning behind leaving the shotgun mod as is

why do you assume a reasoning? not everything has a purpose, not everything is planned by a shadowy cabal.

• Like 2

Hasn't it been a Trello card since almost day 1 of the Trello board? It probably just got forgotten. That might explains a lot too. A mod here and a mod there. Next thing you know, 50 mods are outdated.

Edited by Voltage

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Hasn't it been a Trello card since almost day 1 of the Trello board? It probably just got forgotten. That might explains a lot too. A mod here and a mod there. Next thing you know, 50 mods are outdated.

Maybe DE forgot about Trello...

4 hours ago, nslay said:

First DE will need to nerf critical chance on shotguns to be commensurate with number pellets

bad cat GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I wonder why they havent buffed Ammo Drum yet.

I think they forgot about it too.

I've been saving mine up for the future when it gets a massive buff by DE, they'll be worth a fortune in plat one day. SeMz4.gif

6 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Sometimes I look at my mods and I am surprised at what I find in there.

This might be the most relatable thing I've ever read on here.  Also thanks for the laugh.  One of them so true it's funny things.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

There's already other OP primaries anw so why leave Shotguns in the dust? My Chakhurr currently hits almost 200% crti chance and hits as hard as some shotguns..