Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will it be ok if can we equip the Maculatia kavat skin on our Vupaphyla

immpulse531

2 hours ago, immpulse531 said:

I don't really see any downside

Well, you are wanting to put a Cat skin on a Infested Fox, isnt the Vulpaphylas abominable enough for you already? :V

Also the Vulpaphylas have their Larval stage which is different from the feral form that wonders around the map when its alive, i think there might be some conflicts with skins when applied to it because of this.

14 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Not to be a nerd about it, but Vulpaphyla technically aren't Kavats. They are fox relatives.

So Vals are “fox relatives” that have kavat animations, use kavat mods, have kavat sounds and purr like a kavat? Ok got it, we have foxes now.  So then should Vals be able to equip Kubrow armor and gene masking kits because foxes are a part of the same family as dogs? That’s at least is kinda consistent with your head cannon or claim although completely counterintuitive. 

16 hours ago, immpulse531 said:

I don't really see any downside in allowing us to be able to do this as the vulpaphyla doesn't have much in terms of cosmetics. It's fine if the larvae skin stays the same In my opinion 

Yes OP I agree. Vals and Preds should be able to equip Kubrow and Kavat GENE MASKING KITS and Armor respectively.  And MoAs should be able to equip sentinel armor.  

4 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

So Vals are “fox relatives” that have kavat animations, use kavat mods, have kavat sounds and purr like a kavat? Ok got it, we have foxes now.  So then should Vals be able to equip Kubrow armor and gene masking kits because foxes are a part of the same family as dogs? That’s at least is kinda consistent with your head cannon or claim although completely counterintuitive. 

If they were Kavats they'd be immune to the infestation, Kavats eat infested and can't be affected by it. However, let me point you to the wiki:

"Vulpaphyla are based on the genus of canids Vulpes, also colloquially known as 'true foxes'."

Mind you the wiki also calls them infested Kavats, but again, Kavats can't actually become infested due to their immunity. Hence why DE didn't make them Kavats exactly. 

Also, dial it back a bit, this isn't head cannon, and either way, you are being over the top hostile for me correcting in incorrect statement.

As for foxes being wolves, the two are definitely not the same thing, they are different animals entirely. Kind of like foxes and felines.

As for why you can't equip the relevant armor on them (keep in mind predasites can't equip kubrow armor) I think it is either laziness on DE's part, or changing the models for each armor etc is just too much work. Who knows, I certainly have no idea how easy it would be to alter that stuff, but the predasites and vulpaphylas have different bodies than the kubrow and kavats so it just may be an excessive amount of labor, or enough to keep them from doing it.

Really, I don't care about stuff like that as much as I care about them actually implementing the weaknesses and resistances the two species are supposed to have. That would be far, far more important in my eyes.

On 2021-06-12 at 7:03 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

If they were Kavats they'd be immune to the infestation, Kavats eat infested and can't be affected by it. However, let me point you to the wiki:

"Vulpaphyla are based on the genus of canids Vulpes, also colloquially known as 'true foxes'."

Mind you the wiki also calls them infested Kavats, but again, Kavats can't actually become infested due to their immunity. Hence why DE didn't make them Kavats exactly. 

Also, dial it back a bit, this isn't head cannon, and either way, you are being over the top hostile for me correcting in incorrect statement.

As for foxes being wolves, the two are definitely not the same thing, they are different animals entirely. Kind of like foxes and felines.

As for why you can't equip the relevant armor on them (keep in mind predasites can't equip kubrow armor) I think it is either laziness on DE's part, or changing the models for each armor etc is just too much work. Who knows, I certainly have no idea how easy it would be to alter that stuff, but the predasites and vulpaphylas have different bodies than the kubrow and kavats so it just may be an excessive amount of labor, or enough to keep them from doing it.

Really, I don't care about stuff like that as much as I care about them actually implementing the weaknesses and resistances the two species are supposed to have. That would be far, far more important in my eyes.

You seem to be conflating lore information with mechanical function. Lore wise yes vulpaphylas are their own unique thing. Mechanically they are kavats and I would really like to use kavat model swap skins on them in place of the, to my eyes pretty hideous eyeless fox monster skin. They don't even have more than one fur pattern yet, they are so miserable to customize.

There are other issues the modular pets have aside from their weakness' and resistances. You also can't tell what mutagen and antigens have been used or bred into them from the imprint alone. Meaning if you get rid of the pet you imprinted to save room you have no idea what that imprint actually contains. However this is a thread about cosmetics and while those issues might be considered more important they aren't the point here.

Archived