Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing names should be free

Rimuru_Tenshi

Hi and I'm new to posting Forums. I took my name wrongly to my irl name because I though at first it was for the Warframe website only. And now I need a 200 platinum to change my name. This is very expensive and many newcomers cannot change their names too forever. I suggest that a name should not be costing 200 platinum to change but instead changing a name for the 2nd time requires a 1 or 2 months period. This also prevents others for changing their names many times by using plat.

1 hour ago, Yeohchunyue said:

Hi and I'm new to posting Forums. I took my name wrongly to my irl name because I though at first it was for the Warframe website only. And now I need a 200 platinum to change my name. This is very expensive and many newcomers cannot change their names too forever. I suggest that a name should not be costing 200 platinum to change but instead changing a name for the 2nd time requires a 1 or 2 months period. This also prevents others for changing their names many times by using plat.

It's possible that Support would be willing to one-time change your name in such a specific case like removing your IRL-name from public view, if you contact them.

Failing that, it costs nothing to re-register a new account if you made such an error at first registration and realised your mistake pretty much immediately before you have progress to lose, as it sounds.

Name change tax isn't going anywhere otherwise, I imagine.

20 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

It's possible that Support would be willing to one-time change your name in such a specific case like removing your IRL-name from public view, if you contact them.

Failing that, it costs nothing to re-register a new account if you made such an error at first registration and realised your mistake pretty much immediately before you have progress to lose, as it sounds.

Name change tax isn't going anywhere otherwise, I imagine.

Oh ok, I'll would be contacting the support for help, thanks very much.

I've played for a while now for about 1 year so I couldn't start a new account just to change a name. I would lose all my progress.

Archived