Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New cosmetic system

Onyxtraz

With the Gara Prime update, DE made chooce to removing an aspect of a frame uniqueness for fashion reasons due to the repeated request of a toggle about Gara and the upcoming of her prime skin.

Some are happy with it, some aren't (i'm in the second part, but no matter).

The debate began a long time ago over multiple aspects of multiple frames and as it is it feels like it's going to keep going for a long long time and over a lot of frames.

Some very good ideas were given over the posts, and I'll sum up thoses which would give choices for the players and, i hope, a reason to invest such effort for DE.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT DE HAVE REALLY HIGHER PRIORITIES right now with the sisters of parvos.

Though I (and I think a lot of people. If it's the case the more visibility this post would have the better it will be) would definitly like to know DE's take in a Devstream about the idea of adding in the future a feature to equip or not

-different ability FX

-some parts of the frames

-> every fashionist would be delighted, and DE could sell "new" cosmetics (which were in fact already in the game but didn't had the system to be sold or to give the choice of use ; and eventually create even new ones later).

Such things would bring a pleasant outcome for everyone wanting or not Gara's armor removing effect, Xaku's, and a lot of effects or parts with Mesa, Ivara, Rhino, Titania, Loki and so on, and i do think it would worth the efforts spent on the system for DE (but only if the game's code can allow such tweaks without loosing all stability, which only DE can awnser).

My bad, just forgot that different themes are available on the forum. Looked perfectly fine with the default one, but I'll remember that and avoid doing the same mistake again.

Thanks for telling me.  😉

(and thanks to the moderator who rectified this even before myself ^^)

I very much agree. Ability FX should be equippable, which would address many long-standing requests and complains regarding abilities. This would support stuff like Gara's glass going away (or not, whichever you prefer), different Iron Skin effects, choosing between Prime/default FX like for Hydroid, and other deluxe effects like Nova's first Deluxe's casting FX. More armor pieces should be turned into the kind of default attachments already present on many frames. For example, Khora's shoulder and leg spikes and the flowers on her deluxe's chest, Ivara Prime's skirt, Mesa Prime's chaps, and so on.

On 2021-06-12 at 7:11 AM, Onyxtraz said:

With the Gara Prime update, DE made chooce to removing an aspect of a frame uniqueness for fashion reasons due to the repeated request of a toggle about Gara and the upcoming of her prime skin.

Some are happy with it, some aren't (i'm in the second part, but no matter).

The debate began a long time ago over multiple aspects of multiple frames and as it is it feels like it's going to keep going for a long long time and over a lot of frames.

Some very good ideas were given over the posts, and I'll sum up thoses which would give choices for the players and, i hope, a reason to invest such effort for DE.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT DE HAVE REALLY HIGHER PRIORITIES right now with the sisters of parvos.

Though I (and I think a lot of people. If it's the case the more visibility this post would have the better it will be) would definitly like to know DE's take in a Devstream about the idea of adding in the future a feature to equip or not

-different ability FX

-some parts of the frames

-> every fashionist would be delighted, and DE could sell "new" cosmetics (which were in fact already in the game but didn't had the system to be sold or to give the choice of use ; and eventually create even new ones later).

Such things would bring a pleasant outcome for everyone wanting or not Gara's armor removing effect, Xaku's, and a lot of effects or parts with Mesa, Ivara, Rhino, Titania, Loki and so on, and i do think it would worth the efforts spent on the system for DE (but only if the game's code can allow such tweaks without loosing all stability, which only DE can awnser).

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the auxiliary slot could be used, and there's precedence for it (chroma's deluxe skin has a part that uses that slot)

This. Definitely a great idea.

We have seen the rise of deluxe skins, ephemeras, warframe animations, weapon positioning... Sure we can have more auxiliary slots and toggle options (even for special effects).

Plus this has been done already before, and to great results: Operator cosmetics was very limited at first and they have come a great way. 

Archived