Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forget Molecular-Prime, Spam Anti-Matterdrop Instead! :3

KamaNightfire

In response to my previous thread last night https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126418-just-found-a-neat-trick-for-nova-3c/

-------------------------------------

I was bored during a defense mission, so I decided to spam my Anti-Matter Drop skill several times in a row during a wave, and noticed that after a couple explosions I was doing well over 72K+ damage, and myself or my team-mates were not shooting it to beef up it's damage.

I then saw what was happening :3c....

I run a Max Range/Max Power Efficiency build, so i'll have -60% damage on my AMD, which only drops it down to 40 damage from it's original 100. It still keeps it's 4x multiplier of damage dealt to it. This also means it only costs me 12 Energy to spam it with a range of nearly 40 Meters for it's explosion.

What was happening was I kept spamming the skill, which launched several balls, when the first ball exploded near the 2nd one I launched, it added the AMDs base damage to it's multiplier, then when that one exploded next to my 3rd launch AMD, it multiplied that by another 4x, and it continues on.

This also adds in that if one explodes next to 2 others, they both get that damage, so it starting stack up fairly quickly.

Let's do a little math :P

1st AMD explodes next to your 2nd AMD.

2nd AMD get's the 40x4 damage multiplier = 160 damage

3rd AMD is damaged by the 2nd one exploding multiplying 160 x 4 = 640

4th AMD is damaged by the 3rd, multiplying its damage as 640 x 4 = 2560

5th AMD is damaged by the 4th, multiplying the damage by 2560 x 4 = 10,240

6th is damaged by the 5th AMD, multiplying it again as 10,240 x 4 = 40,960

7th is damaged by the 6th AMD, once again multiplying by 40,960 x 4 = 163,840

8th AMD is damaged by the 7th, transferring that damage as 163,840 x 4 = 655,360

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that's at a cost of 100 or so energy, which isn't much for an explosion that can wipe out in a 40M area of level 100+

But that's not the amazing part, considering if you spammed this over and over, having more than 2 or 3 orbs out at once and letting them explode nearby each other, your multiplying the damage of each orb onto the other 4-5 surrounding it, increasing even that damage further!

I'll be trying this out and seeing how well it works, the main issue is that spamming AMD tends to make the balls track on the next AMD you fire, causing them to circle and collide with each other, but if you have enough room it's easy enough to do. If AMD didn't track on the next one you launched, you could easily make a " string " of AMDs towards your target, letting them explode 1 at a time against it , stacking the damage over and over, the next AMD 4x stronger than it's last, until your target dies :P

or you could just shoot them, not as much fun though :P

-------------------------------------

Now with proof! c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmrpTLv1aII

54,000 damage without shooting it.

Start spamming AMD Novas!

Edited by Hermaphrodite

the higher the numbers, the more damage is wasted due to overkill. tell me anything that actually needs 600k damage to kill.

Nothing, but with something that requires less than a few seconds to do it's worth noting, this would be vastly helpful if DE didn't implement damage-caps to particular bosses.

Stacking Antimatter Drop explosion damage is not something new, as someone said you are late to the party. A for an effort tho.

Explain every other Nova spamming MPrime instead of using this then.

The intended message is 2 prong:to create awareness and possibly to showcase the execution. Funny how it was no debate that this feature is not new.

I'll rather have those people saying it isn't new to display effective utility of this feature. This will push the constructivism of the thread, and possibly create a trend to decrease MPrime usage(slowing down enemies are a bane especially in maps which makes enemies stuck easily.) Challenge accepted?

Explain every other Nova spamming MPrime instead of using this then.

The intended message is 2 prong:to create awareness and possibly to showcase the execution. Funny how it was no debate that this feature is not new.

I'll rather have those people saying it isn't new to display effective utility of this feature. This will push the constructivism of the thread, and possibly create a trend to decrease MPrime usage(slowing down enemies are a bane especially in maps which makes enemies stuck easily.) Challenge accepted?

I need to explain it? Wow... Okay. Energy inefficient, I'd rather cast Mprime then Antimatter drop and kill everything. There also another thing and that is: Some people who play as Nova care only about MPrime because "OMG SO OP!" and/or are essentially noobs.

EDIT: Also third thing: Lag. Mprime is easier to cast than a bunch of Antimatter drops when playing with laggy host.

Edited by Karitori

I think DE just needs to give everyone a spammable, overpowered "I Win" button ultimate that ignores line of sight like M. Prime.  Everyone can feel like a god for a week.  Then when they realize lack of challenge makes for boring gameplay after the novelty wears off and begin to quit, DE will maybe think about Balance.

I need to explain it? Wow... Okay. Energy inefficient, I'd rather cast Mprime then Antimatter drop and kill everything. There also another thing and that is: Some people who play as Nova care only about MPrime because "OMG SO OP!" and/or are essentially noobs.

EDIT: Also third thing: Lag. Mprime is easier to cast than a bunch of Antimatter drops when playing with laggy host.

You would agree however, that the damage of one AMD, when properly done, can have a higher damage potential than MPrime.

Now, question again: why is every other Nova using solely MPrime instead of using this MPrime + AMD combo...on single targets? Aha, not so "Dynasty Warrior" style liked now right?

the higher the numbers, the more damage is wasted due to overkill. tell me anything that actually needs 600k damage to kill.

Level 300 enemies have pretty high hp you know. About 600k

Yes that's nice,but how exactly do you tame 8 flying balls without making the first one hit something before you even launch the last one?

Watch video.

You only need to have a minimum 1 flying when the one before it explodes. If you want to try this at long range im guessing its a lot trickier