Question to the Community

Zhoyzu

As a little preface, i've been playing this game for 8 years on and off. And in that time i've been salty as all hell and amused to no end. 

Sometimes it's the small things that can be the most enjoyable. So i ask: Warframe Community, what is your favorite small thing about warframe?

Doesn't matter how small, if it makes you smile or chuckle everytime you see it, lets hear it!

For me, my favorite small thing is ragdolled ancients. I find it absolutely hilarious when contrasted to how menacing they are supposed to be to see them thrown about by various abilities and such. Watching them orbit a Vaubans Vortex placed on a ceiling, priceless.

• Like 5

Getting roasted in this forum. Or roast someone else really hard for that matter.

Always remind me of how insignificant everyone's "incredible ideas" for warframe are, and warframe will always be this beautiful indie free to play mess that i fell in love with.

I mean I'd be quite disappointed if some other games f*cked up. But if warframe does that, I'll just chuckle and say "yup, that's warframe."

Edited by Soy77

i like different type of elementals doing different dying animations (especially to grinneer)  .. after reading that it doesnt sound so nice but its a video game so !!

And some bigger/eximus units having a very low pitch voice 

I've always liked to explore and admire the level of detail in all the scenery. 

The chatter in Cetus and Fortuna, with a lot of hot gossip you can even eavesdrop in on. Lots of fun little nods to other areas in the game.

In the newer tilesets, primarily the Corpus ones, there's a lot of detail to admire, too. They really went all-out. There's audio ambience that's typically muted from all the gunfire, but there's a lot of it. Little scrapes on the metal surfaces, the P.A. systems shouting in Corpus language... And nothing to say of the Railjack stage tilesets too, like the Ice Drivers and Shield generators. You can really see all the machinery at work, and watch every part of it marvelously break down as you do your thing. Seeing the MOA autofactories, or the Grineer amp generators invert gravity as they break down... 

The older tilesets are neat to admire, too. Sometimes you can find like, barracks and little backrooms in some Grineer Asteroids and Ships, full of hard, metal beds and tables covered in all sorts of junk. Makes these places feel a lot more alive - these troops may be against you, but this space illustrates what they might have been getting up to a few hours ago, before they were cleaved cleanly in half or reduced to ash.

Warframe has a lot of mechanical issues that have bugged me to no end, it's true. But going out of my way to smell the metaphorical roses along my usual murder-crusades has really shown me that, as buggy as it might be, Warframe is a real labor a love. It's clearly not easy for the audio team to go and record all those SFX for ambience that will rarely be heard, but they did it anyway. I like to go out of my way to appreciate it! 

There's a lot of other stuff I like - I'm that one loser who likes Warframe's writing immensely - but this is what's kept me playing for so long. With even the tiniest update, there's usually something neat to examine, like a new weapon design or enemy to observe. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

Warframe Community, what is your favorite small thing about warframe?

I dunno...Warframe is kind of so much a sum of its parts that I kind of can't pick out one thing without mentioning 2-3 larger things.

I guess if I had to say one thing...I'd have to say maybe the sound design? Not every weapon sounds great but the ones that do sound great are really pleasant to hear.

• Like 1

Banshee yeeting bosses and mini-bosses around with Sonic Boom will never get old for me.  (Even if it gets old for the people I'm playing with. 😉)

On a similar note, Talons Space Program will always, ALWAYS make me ellowell.

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I guess if I had to say one thing...I'd have to say maybe the sound design? Not every weapon sounds great but the ones that do sound great are really pleasant to hear.

Oh man, that's not exactly a small thing, but it's such a high point of this game.    So many weapons I've obsessed over just because the sfx slap me right in the pleasure centers of my cortex.  Argonak, Veldt, Grinlok, Quartakk, Convectrix, Twin Kohmak,  Zarr, Machete Wraith, Serro, Ocucor, Exergis, Sancti Castanas...

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

So many weapons I've obsessed over just because the sfx slap me right in the pleasure centers of my cortex.

The M1 Garand -ping- sound on the Trumna reload, the break action sounds of the Tigris line, the reload sounds of the Quellor...

Hell even the endless SWOOSH-ing of Exalted Blade.

3 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Small thing. Being able to figure out the crater they used for earth texture in railjack.

bKEw8Tl.png

Wow, thats amazing actually. i never thought to even look for stuff like this

10 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

So i ask: Warframe Community, what is your favorite small thing about warframe?

Using my operator to play pool, billiards, snooker with the round globe shielded enemies, shield ball left corner pocket as I void dash them with my operator and send them flying into space or the other side of the map, it's a magical thing to watch. :laugh:

• Like 3

"Tenno Skooom!"

Yeeting Thumpers with Itzal's Ripline (and playing "Does it Yeet?" On the open world maps in general).

Parkour movement. Little more satisfying than blazing through a map and getting a series of jumps and rolls just right to absolutely fly though an area.

Dialogue from a number of bosses, such as Vay Hek and Tyl Regor.

Finally, I miss the old Ogris Space Program, where you could either launch an enemy at escape velocity up off the map, and then see a speck land far away in the distance minutes later, or you aim at the floor where you're standing and launch yourself clean out of the map box. 😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

I dunno...Warframe is kind of so much a sum of its parts that I kind of can't pick out one thing without mentioning 2-3 larger things.

The sound guys is one team at DE who actually doing a great job. 

I installed and somehow played warframe using just my sad laptop speakers for a couple of months. Until one faithful day when i decided to plug in my gaming headset. 

It's a different game. 

I'll go out on a limb and say that even this is an understatement.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1

Vauban.

Now it's push pads instead of bounce pads, but his ability to hilariously push people around has always brought a smile to my face, and when they took away Bounce, but let some Corpus units bounce ME.... lmfao.

I came back from years off. My beloved Vauban, one of my most used frames, had his bounce taken away and replaced with a push pad, but then I found a corpus enemy trapped me in a corner and glitched ME with bounce to the point I could barely get myself out before I got knocked out, and I laughed and laughed and laughed. 

I love that kind of stuff. It was just pure fun, and Vauban is still really cool to use if you just want to mess around with silly cc and player/np/enemy manipulation. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1

As always, it plays like old school UT99. Now, hear me out, because I know Warframe has powers and stuff UT didn't, but the gunplay is so satisfying. Almost like the main team at DE now worked on UT99 back then (which, fun fact the company DE did, no idea if any of the current team did).

I get the same zenlike catharsis playing Warframe as if I load up a deathmatch in UT and play for 5min per match. Just bits of enemies decorating the walls.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb TheSixOfDiamonds:

As always, it plays like old school UT99. Now, hear me out, because I know Warframe has powers and stuff UT didn't, but the gunplay is so satisfying.

Funny how opinions differ. You're the first person I've ever seen laud the gunplay in Warframe. I think the gunplay in Warframe is absolutely terrible and the single worst aspect of the game.

• Like 1