Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color schematics for the future

Dargarox

Warframe exists already over 8 years now. And all we got so far were Color schematics with just simple colors.

And i am sure many thought about too what i write down here.

Why not making SAMPLE Palettes as next Level of Fashion Framing? Like as an additionally Function where you can give a section of an Frame maybe a Metall Coating or a Military Pattern which then can be colored. Last could also attract friends of Military Optics more to the game. Or why not a Pattern which makes the Accents metallic section on some friends more crystal like.

Anyone more ideas to improve Fashion framing to the next level? Share it here and make a huge list of possibiltys for DE to further improve the experince in Warframe. ^^

People love to hate on Anthem, but what they did with the visual customization is the best system I've ever encountered. 

They did pretty much what you're suggesting. You chose a Texture, be it Rubber, Plastic, Metals or fabrics and then chose a color for that texture. It could really change the appearance of a javelin because the colors would adapt to the texture you selected. 

DE is just one step away from giving us something quite similar. All we need is a texture option along with colors. 
Those textures already exist on Frames. We see it all the time with Tennogen skins. 

I'd be ecstatic if DE investigated the concept. 

And then let us make cloth Rhinos and metalic Grendels XD

12 hours ago, Reitrix said:

People love to hate on Anthem, but what they did with the visual customization is the best system I've ever encountered. 

The Office Reaction GIF

glad I'm not the only one that knows this: for all it's flaws, anthem's Flight system and Customization for Javelins was excellent. I just wish the rest of the game had been that good..

texture changes would be nice, it's one of the things that makes or breaks Tennogen and especially Deluxe skins for me. for Example I LOVE the Carbon Fiber effect on Nova's second Deluxe, and the sleek, shiny metals on Mag's Pneuma and all the Zamariu skins. I would love to be able to have these on other frames and skins, but sadly it's not possible right no; hopefully one day that will change.

I wouldnt say no thanks to some pattern or fabric option. Would love to turn some frames into more metallic looks and I really wouldnt mind matt looks either. Toss in some camo patterns that are then effected by my color choices and I'd be a happy camper.

Fully matt camo patterned Vauban would look awesome. A full metallic fabric Wisp would look like one of those WH40k Nekron "gods". 

Just to clarify DE isn't "one step away" from this, Tennogen is made in the exact same way as all the other skins in Warframe, the textures are pre-baked and can't be changed on the fly.

Anthem was designed from the ground up to utilize their color mechanics, meanwhile Warframe is like 6 years into their first texture overhaul from Phin-bong to PBR rendering, and they've pretty much given up on converting the last few bits.

Archived