Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UPDATE: Seems legit] Is it me or did DE massively improve murmur farming time?

Jarriaga

UPDATE:

Many people decided to do manual thrall counts and it does seem improved by around 33%.

------------------------------------

Original post:

I´m trying to max-out one of my Kuva weapons and just noticed that for the second time in a row today (2nd Lich), I reached Requiem stage 3 in just 1 planet. This is a wonderful experience, but I'm just wondering if this is just me or if this is a QoL update that slipped through in preparation for Sisters of Parvos.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Possibly did. On my final kuva weapon i spawned my lich and then helped a friend get his kill (all 3 Reqs, just needed Lich to spawn) when they logged out i went to start working on my fresh lich only to find i had all 3 reqs already. Was a bit of a surprise. 

Even did the 2 prior to that final one in the course of about 4 hours while solo. Compared to the grind across multiple planets from my first couple of Liches it was an extreme difference. 

Hopefully its intended and not a bug... 

It could be something they put in on purpose to prepare for Sisters of Parvos to optimize lich hunting that isn't fully documented... but since it isn't documented, it could also be something they accidentally put in while preparing for Sisters of Parvos. 

I don't want to get too excited yet. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hmmm, I hope not. I feel like the usual murmer gathering is in a good spot; long enough to engage with my lich, but not insanely long

the issue people have with the murmur grind was 2 things
1. Some people thought it was too long, in my opinion the original amount needed was way too much.
2. Not being able to do anything else when doing Murmur Grind.

Just now, Godzilla853 said:

the issue people have with the murmur grind was 2 things
1. Some people thought it was too long, in my opinion the original amount needed was way too much.
2. Not being able to do anything else when doing Murmur Grind.

Some people as in people who wanted all the best kuva weapons quickly and easily…?

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Some people as in people who wanted all the best kuva weapons quickly and easily…?

The murmur grind is a slog because it isolates you from the rest of the game. I don’t mind it being long, but forcing you into that part of the game for hours of until you are done is not. This is what you call a Content IslandTM. If we can say crack relics there, do it on nightmare mode, do it on Steel Path, it plays out like a regular mission, etc then it won’t be a slog and people can tolerate the high grind requirement. 

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The murmur grind is a slog because it isolates you from the rest of the game. I don’t mind it being long, but forcing you into that part of the game for hours of until you are done is not. This is what you call a Content IslandTM. If we can say crack relics there, do it on nightmare mode, do it on Steel Path, it plays out like a regular mission, etc then it won’t be a slog and people can tolerate the high grind requirement. 

I do one mission (maybe two in a row) then mix it up by doing other things, and it works well. For me it’s not a content island because I don’t treat it as such and am certainly not forced into it; it’s simply a different part of the game.

Grinding hard and fast until your ears bleed and your sight dims and you curse the game and hate the thought of doing it once more (but you need to for those kuva weapons that may just be mastery fodder) sure does sound like a pain, though. If my interpretation is correct, I can see your point

🤔 though I’m not sure DE should be making it easier if that’s the reason.

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I do one mission (maybe two in a row) then mix it up by doing other things, and it works well. For me it’s not a content island because I don’t treat it as such and am certainly not forced into it; it’s simply a different part of the game.

Grinding hard and fast until your ears bleed and your sight dims and you curse the game and hate the thought of doing it once more (but you need to for those kuva weapons that may just be mastery fodder) sure does sound like a pain, though. If my interpretation is correct, I can see your point

🤔 though I’m not sure DE should be making it easier if that’s the reason.

Some players do not specifically want for the grind to be easier, some players want to progress the grind by doing other things at the same time even if it’s not as efficient as doing it actively. For example :

• Kuva Thralls can rarely spawn in missions outside of the Kuva Lich region giving you murmurs.
  • Your Lich can rarely spawn in your requiem fissure runs in an attempt to stop you from getting the requiems.
  • Kuva Lich missions are eligible for Void Fissures.
  • Kuva Lich missions have their own Nightmare and Steel Path version. Allowing you to farm Steel Essence and Nightmare mods there.

The system also does not make sense.. This Lich is your nemesis, if you do not come to his place he does not go after you..? Their description literally says “Their goal is to hunt you down”. 

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Some players do not specifically want for the grind to be easier, some players want to progress the grind by doing other things at the sane time even if it’s not as efficient as doing it actively. For example :

• Kuva Thralls can rarely spawn in missions outside of the Kuva Lich region giving you murmurs.
  • Your Lich can rarely spawn in your requiem fissure runs in an attempt to stop you from getting the requiems.
  • Kuva Lich missions is eligible for Void Fissures.
  • Kuva Lich missions has it’s own Nightmare and Steel Path version. Allowing you to farm Steel Essence and Nightmare mods there.

The system also does not make sense.. This Lich is your nemesis, if you do not come to his place he does not go after you..? Their description literally says “Their goal is to hunt you down”. 

Can’t deny that I’d like a slightly more active lich. I think I’d just be happy with the first suggestion (appearing in missions outside of their specific missions), though I’d have to think what problems might arise 🤔 Sometimes I’m already down to the wire on a mission, and if a lich showed up it’d be all over for me. But might add that sense of “This one’s bad news”? Though if I’m geared for (example) level 30, that lich will be unstoppable. Hmm

The other stuff I’m “meh” about

Were you playing solo, or in a group?  I usually murmur farm solo, but tried going in a group the last few days and found the progression to be kind of wonky.  Then I went back to solo again and it seemed to be back to what it was.  It could just be a bug with group murmur farms, so enjoy it while it lasts?

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Some players do not specifically want for the grind to be easier, some players want to progress the grind by doing other things at the same time even if it’s not as efficient as doing it actively. For example :

• Kuva Lich missions are eligible for Void Fissures.
  • Kuva Lich missions have their own Nightmare and Steel Path version. Allowing you to farm Steel Essence and Nightmare mods there.

Great post. 

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They said for the corpus lichs they would be lowering murmur time for all. 

If you're saying they sneak added the update that's odd though.

It's probably something they added in with that several gb update a bit back to prepare for Sisters of Parvos, and just wasn't mean to be activated in the code yet... 

And then it slipped through. 

I've played a couple of competitive and GaaS in my lifetime. Some stuff that the majority almost always agree:

Playing overpowered stuff are always more fun than playing underpowered trash.

Which also means buffs are more likely to be accepted than nerfs.

And too easy contents are more beneficial to the casual majority, than too hard contents which only entertains smaller niche.

with that said, mistake or intentional, i sure hope that at the end of the day, this new change sticks.
liches are hell for new players, the amount of times i met noobs who accidentally spawned a lich is too many times. with the new lich system and story, it's obvious that DE want as many players to play it, so it's only natural if they tone things down.

But knowing this community I'm pretty sure that someone will absolutely disagree and think that it's absolutely nonsense, illogical, and absurd. Then go above and beyond to argue with me.

I'll be glad if it is an intentional change that has slipped out early.

Murmur farming is boring af. Yes, give us some tough as nails big bad, but st least give us something to match their grandeur, like having to find a clue that points to the next mission then the next, before running into them and having a first go at downing them. Or something like that.

inb4 "fixed a bug where murmurs were being farmed too efficiently, you now need to kill 1000 thralls for each Requiem."

if it's intentional thoguh, then that's good, because lord knows with the next update we are gonna need all the help we can get with murmurs. bad enough we have to contend with RNG to get the lich with a weapon we want, with a good bonus, with an Ephemera, and 9 times out of ten only one or two of those criteria are met. 

don't care how many Grineer I have to kill though, that Kuva Grattler is mine!

Archived