Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UPDATE: Seems legit] Is it me or did DE massively improve murmur farming time?

Jarriaga

I just wish there was some alternate way to get Murmurs or info on my Lich. I mean, why shouldn't Spy missions or Resuce missions to the Kuva Fortress provide me with information for my Lich? It makes perfect sense to me in that Liches are ultimately made in the Fortress or at the very least the ties to the Fortress and it's Kuva is so strong as to provide me with information about my Lich if I successfully get all the Spy vaults or Rescue some dude who may have gathered information about the Lich. It could even be a special mission that only shows up if I for example rescue some grineer prisoner or defector somewhere else who gives me a lead on some spy vaults that I can crack for info on my Lich. 

Not saying that this type of Sortie style mission chain should replace the thrall farm, but simply as an alternate option to it. Something with a bit more variety involved. 

This thread got me to start another lich just for the sake of checking out the new murmur speed.

Imo the murmur progress speed is hardly any faster or not faster at all.

I've done a ton of runs for 60% weapons a few months ago and it always took me 1-2 hours, depending on if I guess a requiem mod or not, this time wasn't any different.

12 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Were you playing solo, or in a group?  I usually murmur farm solo, but tried going in a group the last few days and found the progression to be kind of wonky.  Then I went back to solo again and it seemed to be back to what it was.  It could just be a bug with group murmur farms, so enjoy it while it lasts?

Set to public, but other plyers unly joined in like 3 runs and only 2 spawn their Liches.

I'm generating a 3rd Lich now to confirm yesterday's findings.

34 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

This thread got me to start another lich just for the sake of checking out the new murmur speed.

Imo the murmur progress speed is hardly any faster or not faster at all.

I've done a ton of runs for 60% weapons a few months ago and it always took me 1-2 hours, depending on if I guess a requiem mod or not, this time wasn't any different.

Sorry to read that. I'm testing again now, but it did feel a lot faster. I don't recall ever reaching stage 3 in a single planet before.

1 hour ago, Lakais said:

I just wish there was some alternate way to get Murmurs or info on my Lich. I mean, why shouldn't Spy missions or Resuce missions to the Kuva Fortress provide me with information for my Lich? It makes perfect sense to me in that Liches are ultimately made in the Fortress or at the very least the ties to the Fortress and it's Kuva is so strong as to provide me with information about my Lich if I successfully get all the Spy vaults or Rescue some dude who may have gathered information about the Lich. It could even be a special mission that only shows up if I for example rescue some grineer prisoner or defector somewhere else who gives me a lead on some spy vaults that I can crack for info on my Lich. 

Not saying that this type of Sortie style mission chain should replace the thrall farm, but simply as an alternate option to it. Something with a bit more variety involved. 

I suggested something like that over a year ago:

Have both you and the Lich be affected in different thematic ways depending on which mission you decide to farm thralls on. For example, thrall spy has a chance to reveal the order in which a Requiem mod goes. Disruption recovers partially stolen resources. Interception allows you to "safeguard" a node that has not been conquered and keeps it clean (No resource loss) even if the rest of the planet is conquered. And so on. This gives different reasons for choosing thrall missions based secondary objectives that go beyond just "collect thralls".

Okay, I did some more testing on a new lich and here's what I found.  I set all of my murmur games to public and each time exactly 1 other player joined halfway in (I was always host):

1. Defense: I did not stare at the murmur bar too intently during the mission, but after the mission in the lich profile screen, the first murmur bar was about 25% filled.

2. Defense: During the mission, I can swear I saw the murmur bar reach about 70%.  But after the mission in the lich profile screen, it was only about 50% filled.

3. Exterminate: In mission, the murmur bar reached about 80% after the first thrall.  It filled by the 3rd or 4th thrall, even before the lich showed up.  The lich showed up, I guessed wrong, and after the mission in the lich profile screen, I see the 1st murmur and about 12% of the 2nd murmur bar.

4. Exterminate: In mission, the 2nd murmur bar reached about 25% after the first thrall.  The lich showed up again (lucky me?) and after her and a few more thralls, the 2nd murmur bar is up to 50%.  After the mission in the lich profile screen, I see the 2nd murmur bar at around 30%.

So basically, there appears to be a discrepancy between what we see in-mission and in the lich profile screen.  Not sure if this has anything to do with multiplayer, not sure if this has anything to do with mission type, not sure if this is new.  Either way, I guess I'll stick to public games as this pace seems pretty good...

It's definitely faster, because I was doing liches before and after this "change" happened. Before it used to take about 30/60/90 thralls per stage, but now it's reduced by around 35% or so? It's a welcome change, because once the Sisters pop in, it'd be daunting for a newer player to have to grind all those weapons. I welcome the change, although the one drawback is that they didn't increase the lich anger/spawn rate (at least in a party), so sometimes you find yourself getting the third requiem unlocked without a single lich spawn, and at most you need four lich spawns to verify your parazon sequence.

And yeah, there's a discrepancy between the lich status screen and the in-game progress pop-up.

If you want to increase or change the element on your Kuva weapons, now might be a good time 🥵

Am 13.6.2021 um 00:56 schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Some people as in people who wanted all the best kuva weapons quickly and easily…?

People here fanboy about the most ludicrous stuff. The original design of Liches left me playing solo for half a year because people were straight-up quitting the game after seeing how ludicrous the grind would be. But sure, it’s just about wanting everything quick and easy.

34 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

People here fanboy about the most ludicrous stuff. The original design of Liches left me playing solo for half a year because people were straight-up quitting the game after seeing how ludicrous the grind would be. But sure, it’s just about wanting everything quick and easy.

Easy there. I've not felt the need to make it easier (and I'm coming from a position of not doing it constantly), and so wasn't sure who @Godzilla853 was referring to, which is why I asked. The "...?" at the end was an indicator of "You could mean someone else"; I had my suspicions, but wasn't certain.

The last weapons I farmed, and it was litterally a year ago, took me always less than 2 hours getting starting from the larving farm and often it was actually less than 1 hour. Now consider that the weapons are also delivered crafted(+ are at least interesting to toy with) and you end up with the most generous system ever released by DE(minus the fact it requires 5 forma to mastery cap xd).

I'm pretty afraid that the corpus weapons acquisition would be normalised and everybody would have to farm 3hours, instead of a variable amount depending on skill and will to go fast.

I mean yes kuva liches started extremly wanky(with some very sadge and sadly probably on purpose design flaws) but it got patched and it is imho basically the best system released since 5-6 years, it is true to the core of the game and it expends the lore nicely.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Surbusken:

What is time on grinding out a kuva weapon?

Getting the relics, thrall grinding for the right weapon, fighting lich, repeating it for extra copies to max out elemental damage... and re-forma 5 times.

10-15 hours?

just doesn't work. even if it's only 35% faster, it's still way too annoying!
either twice or not at all !!!!!!!!! 1

in addition, many have long had all kuva weapons and have maxed 5 forma !!!! so it couldn't be more embarrassing ......

I agree murmur farming was improved. Before update, I was like half way through my first requiem. After update, I killed one thrall and the first requiem was completed instantly. I believe the thrall required for each requiem was halved or something. 

But, here is the catch. You will kill less thrall for each lich. In the long run, you may run out of requiem relic and have to go back doing kuva flood or something. Before update, the requiem relic I got from murmur farming was sufficient for the whole lich exercise.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

It is way faster when in groups.

Playing public my second lich literally spawned like three times in an hour or two of playing. Funny part is that I didn't see more thralls.  It's feels like in a group they are weighed higher or double dipped. 

This might explain why it didn't go any faster for me, I tried playing on pub on a sunday, but I usually still played alone or just with 1 other player.

This has been stealthily added since around ~Gara Prime patch. You are indeed correct that murmur farming has been cut down SIGNIFICANTLY. I've been hunting liches since 2 weeks ago and they are much MUCH faster to clear, this is an incredibly welcome change right before Corpus Queenpins to help players complete their Kuva Weapon/Ephemera grind.

I think they may still be tweaking the values of murmurs on the back end to try to get a good medium between clearing/farming time and that's why we haven't gotten an official patch note regarding it.

First stage is now a reliable 20 thralls.

It also seems to me that the lich will mostly spawn when or before the first requiem is uncovered, which is sort of bad because you can not try the requiem in the first slot.

The lich will level up and the anger meter will drop.

I do think DE accidentally released this early and  you can see on the lich page that the requiem progress does not match the in mission progress.

IIRC with the sisters of Parvos you should be able to launch a RJ mission to fight the lich when all requiems are discovered so this save more time again.

Requiem mods also seems to drop at a decent rate.

The only annoyance left is lich spawning, at level 5 rage it still happens that he doesn't show up after 7 missions.
Change that, and kuva farming is somewhat acceptable.
(still boring and forced to play even more boring mission types)

PS wish that the relics would include somewhat of a quiz so that you can shortcut the needed combination but atm it's only guessing and farming

vor 23 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

Easy there. I've not felt the need to make it easier (and I'm coming from a position of not doing it constantly), and so wasn't sure who @Godzilla853 was referring to, which is why I asked. The "...?" at the end was an indicator of "You could mean someone else"; I had my suspicions, but wasn't certain.

I know what you wrote, and so does everyone else. Go JAQ off somewhere else.

Checking this, it now seems to be 20-34?-70 as opposed to 36-60-84.

So 124 vs 180 is about a 30% reduction overall but because the bulk of the reduction is in the first two stages you will fight the lich quicker as well.

Given that angering the lich for the final fight can still be a time sink and the whole larvling farming issue, the system could be streamlined further.

Archived