Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UPDATE: Seems legit] Is it me or did DE massively improve murmur farming time?

Jarriaga

9 hours ago, EnwoQ said:

The only annoyance left is lich spawning, at level 5 rage it still happens that he doesn't show up after 7 missions.
Change that, and kuva farming is somewhat acceptable.
(still boring and forced to play even more boring mission types)

PS wish that the relics would include somewhat of a quiz so that you can shortcut the needed combination but atm it's only guessing and farming

This should get fix when Sisters launch, as kuva lich will follow similar system to sisters, just on a different planet as per dev stream.

During one of the recent devstreams they said that the Sister's dogs will be more difficult to kill but give a higher murmur progression.

Is it possible that during a recent update, the new code for the sister's dogs was slipped through but applied to all thralls instead? As the only "Murmur grind" reduction they mentioned (that I can recall) was with the Wildcard mod, so that you realistically only have to grind 2 murmurs.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope this is just a ninja QOL update to lich grinding and the dogs give even more murmur progress, but just don't be surprised if this is actually the case.

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Speaking of changes, has the singing lich personality been around for a while?  That one's new to me.

It´s relatively new. 2 new personalities were added back in March with Corpus Railjack.

Wow, this just happened to me. I already had a Lich who was Level 3, and had 1 word solved w/ correct order. I do a single Sabotage mission, killed around 6-7 Thralls, and with little progression beforehand on my 2nd word, I instantly got it and I'm near the same progress as before with my last word. This is great!

11 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It is don't worry. They listened to player feedback and said they're gonna lower murmur time last month.

B-But, DE DOESNT listen to player feedback!

To think so is naïve and a pipe dream!

32 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Please tell me this is real, I want this to be real. <3

I've been wanting this to be an improved grind and if this is the case I am literally going to be one happy son of a gun.

It is real. I did my own count now to compare and first stage is 20 thralls, so things were improved by 1/3. As others have noted, the requiem bar in the Lich overview doesn't match the in-mission requiem bar, which is always ahead.

56 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

It is real. I did my own count now to compare and first stage is 20 thralls, so things were improved by 1/3. As others have noted, the requiem bar in the Lich overview doesn't match the in-mission requiem bar, which is always ahead.

I'm gonna test this out right now. If this is the case, I'm gonna be so freaking happy if it's official.

On 2021-06-12 at 6:54 PM, Godzilla853 said:

the issue people have with the murmur grind was 2 things
1. Some people thought it was too long, in my opinion the original amount needed was way too much.
2. Not being able to do anything else when doing Murmur Grind.

Murmur only feels long because of certain missions. I feel like lich missions shouldn’t be anything that isn’t straight forward slaughter.

Just finished a Kuva Lich. Didn't notice much of a difference with the third Requiem and had some terrible luck with reading the sequence, but holy hell do the first and second requiems feel so much faster. Was able to fill half the Requiem meter after only two missions on the first planet.

Anyone notice whether or not the amount of influence on the planets was reduced when you first spawn a Lich?

3 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Murmur only feels long because of certain missions. I feel like lich missions shouldn’t be anything that isn’t straight forward slaughter.

Or at the very least occupied nodes shouldn't disappear after a single use.

I'd be more willing to engage with the system if it didn't constantly force me into modes I don't enjoy.

5小时前 , Corvid 说:

I'd be more willing to engage with the system if it didn't constantly force me into modes I don't enjoy.

Unfortunately that is one of the design of the lich system, forcing you/giving you incentive to play missions that you otherwise won't touch. 

Thanks to the lich system I got my ivara from the countless lich spy missions.

15 hours ago, Corvid said:

Don’t you enjoy Lich Interception? How could you not enjoy it?

I just killed a lich, and it still took me over 2 hours to complete. Previously I have done over 50 lich kills, all of the kills average about 2-3 hours if I don't procrastinate. I am not seeing any decreases on the farming time.

Multiple people on this thread have mentioned the timer has been decreased, base on what testing? 

4 hours ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I just killed a lich, and it still took me over 2 hours to complete. Previously I have done over 50 lich kills, all of the kills average about 2-3 hours if I don't procrastinate. I don't see any decreasing on the farming time.

Multiple people on this thread have mentioned the timer has decrease, base on what exactly?

The reduction in the timer is based on how the current "in-game" tracking for Murmurs are currently set up. It's definitely faster; during my second test run, the second requiem was nearly filled at one point when I ended the mission. Went back to Codex; stated progress was at half of what it said in-mission. Went back to farm the Murmur, and it went back to the nearly finished position before. I was able to get the Murmur discovered at the end of the mission and it used for the progress for "in-game" rather than what was in the Codex.

Does that mean these things are faster to do?

....Slightly.

First and second requiems will go by almost instantly, but that third Murmur will probably take a majority of the time as usual. It's seriously the make or break at this point. There's no reason that third Murmur is three times longer than the other two.

While I enjoy these changes, it's not enough to convince me to do more of them right now. Make it 20/20/35 or something for progress.

1 hour ago, Godmode_Ash said:

I just killed a lich, and it still took me over 2 hours to complete. Previously I have done over 50 lich kills, all of the kills average about 2-3 hours if I don't procrastinate. I don't see any decreasing on the farming time.

Multiple people on this thread have mentioned the timer has decrease, base on what exactly?

Well that's a bit trick to say.

On the on hand basic counting will discover the amount of murmers needed has decreased overall by around 30%, 124ish vs 180.

On the other hand is the randomness of lichs, the last few i've had covered Lua, Earth and Mars, somehow missing both the Lua and Mars survival.

Current lich started on Ceres and missed Lex, Draco and Gabii so it's already grindy.

So overall the murmers are faster but that doesn't mean completing a lich is now always quicker.

• 3 weeks later...

DE has made it so you can no longer lucky guess and kill a Lich/Sister. You are now required to fight it a second time after "killing" it with the correct sequence so you can then fight in Railjack in order to properly kill it. It pretty much negates some of the time you're saving by farming a lower amount of murmurs.

DE, why? Why do you have to circle around things instead of making things flat, total, unquestionable improvements?

Archived