How do I make this fun

CrustyMan

Question

I've been trying to get sevagoth for the past 5 hours and 30 minutes. Should I just uninstall?

I thought that he wouldn't be that bad, "Oh it's just some railjack missions, how hard can it be?" And then rng and railjack happened. How do people find this fun in any way shape or form?

You can't do this solo, and the people I find in recruiting chat leave after 1 mission because I suck should get good. Why did such a cool frame have to be tied to such a bad mode. I just wanted to get back into warframe but I guess I won't now because I've lost all motivation to play.

And I get that I'm a noob who just needs to get good, THE WORST PART OF IT IS IM NOT EVEN REMOTELY NEW TO THIS GAME, IM MR 12. 

23 answers to this question

6 hours ago, CrustyMan said:

And I get that I'm a noob who just needs to get good, THE WORST PART OF IT IS IM NOT EVEN REMOTELY NEW TO THIS GAME, IM MR 12. 

I've got bad news for you, you are VERY new to the game, you only have 260 hours played. In this type of game, that's nothing. You can solo it very easily indeed you're just not very far into the game yet and your gear is bad.

5 hours ago, CrustyMan said:

I've been trying to get sevagoth for the past 5 hours and 30 minutes. Should I just uninstall?

I thought that he wouldn't be that bad, "Oh it's just some railjack missions, how hard can it be?" And then rng and railjack happened. How do people find this fun in any way shape or form?

You can't do this solo, and the people I find in recruiting chat leave after 1 mission because I suck should get good. Why did such a cool frame have to be tied to such a bad mode. I just wanted to get back into warframe but I guess I won't now because I've lost all motivation to play.

Hello,

So as others have pointed out, you have a couple huge holes in your boat.

You can definitely farm sevagoth solo, mr12 & 260 hours is considered as very new in warframe, and 5 hours is considered as very low in farming.

What i would like to point out is, if you only do one thing for straight 5 hours of course it'll feel boring. It'll feel much longer because you're relying on others to get it done. 

I give this tip to people with double, triple, even quadruple your playtime: don't just farm for one thing and get burned out. Make a list of things that you want. Do the farm three or four times a day, then continue to the next thing on your list. One day you will eventually get it.

Warframe is just not the kind of game that you can conquer in short time.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

There is one tiny problem with hiring NPCs. It requires rank 1 intrinsic and I have rank 0. Can I magically upgrade it WITHOUT finishing the mission? I know I could buy "crew pack" but I don't want to waste plat on RJ.

If we could do railjack when it first came out, you should have no problems doing it now.

How do I make this fun

going to suggest what people usually suggest when you want something and it isn't fun, Buy it for plat.

but don't necessarily throw your money at the game, try selling sort after items like things from the syndicates and then use the plat you earn from that to just buy the frame!

6 hours ago, CrustyMan said:

What node you doing and what gear are you using?

When I did Sevagoth I ran exterminate on Neptune. The railjack always required 1 crewship and 2 security nodes to be destroyed. None of this where you have to board a secondary ship and sabotage it beforehand. With a decent ship this can be done in a minute.

Inside the ship I used Hildryn and wrecked everything with Blazing Pillage and shot anything that didn't insta die. 

I ignored points of interest and my average mission time was 4-5 minutes.

On 2021-06-12 at 3:40 PM, CrustyMan said:

The first and most important advice that I can offer you is to not farm something for 5 hours and 30 minutes.  I cannot emphasize that enough.  Especially if it's a game mode that isn't your favorite or that gives you difficulty, I recommend only doing a little of it everyday, maybe 1 hour at most.  Then make sure you're spending the rest of your time on things that you enjoy that don't frustrate you so you can recharge emotionally and mentally.

On 2021-06-12 at 3:40 PM, CrustyMan said:

Railjack is challenging, and it's something you have to build up towards.  In particular, Void Storm missions are probably some of the most difficult missions a newer Railjack player could try to tackle.  It sounds like you haven't done much Railjack and are trying to skip to mid- and high-level Railjack missions.  If you don't have someone who is specifically there to carry you, you're gonna have a bad time.  It's not that Railjack is a bad mode, it's that you've entered a distance-running competition before learning to walk.

I think the first thing you need to do is recognize that Sevagoth is a long-term goal for you.  Right now you're in the part of the hero's journey where you need to grow stronger so that when the time comes you can achieve that goal.  Start working your way through Earth Proxima, accumulate Intrinsics and wreckage, level up the mods in your Plexus, and become more familiar with the game mode.  Then when you feel like you kick butt at Railjack, that's when it will be time to farm.  If you've got yourself a good crew, you'll even be able to do it solo without breaking a sweat.

Good luck!

27 minutes ago, CrustyMan said:

You can't do this solo

This sounds like the problem. I found it easy enough to solo. Make sure you get the NPC crew and it is fairly easy. It is faster with other people though. There is no way to make the mission fun, you can make it less boring by only doing the easy mode (exterminate). The others are a nightmare.

27 minutes ago, CrustyMan said:

THE WORST PART OF IT IS IM NOT EVEN REMOTELY NEW TO THIS GAME, IM MR 12. 

MR12 isn’t how many hours you have played, or how well equipped you are. I would say that you must be fairly new to the game simply because you thought your MR was an indication of something.

My suggestions:

• Properly equip your RJ.
  • Get some decent NPC crew. You want at least one top level engineer and one top gunner. I run with one engineer, one gunner and another engineer that also has top gunner.
  • Do the exterminate mission.
  • Find players that are actually farming the thing you are.

10 hours ago, CrustyMan said:

I've been trying to get sevagoth for the past 5 hours and 30 minutes.

If you played for 5+ hours you should have plenty of intrinsics and there for be able to get at least 1 NPC.

If you are MR12 you are still a newbie. If you think MR means anything you are still a newbie. If you can't do any RJ mission solo you are still a newbie.

Nothing wrong by being a newbie, we all were at some point.

I know, in most games having played a few 100 hours makes you experienced. This is not the case in Warframe. After the thousand hour mark you should no longer be a newbie and can start calling yourself a beginner, unless of course you spend your 1.000 hours just doing Hydron or something silly like that.

Don't stare yourself blind on getting the one warframe. Have you done all the quest? Have you completed the star chart? Have you played arbitrations? Have you collected all the warframes and weapons that you can get from taking out the bosses? Have you made zaws, kitguns and amps? If you have to respond to any of those questions with no then you know what you got to do.

By the way, if you think Sevagoth is too difficult to get.... (which actually is pretty straight forward) you better not ever try to get Khora or Ash, the latter now even be worse to get than Khora since they changed how to get him.

On 2021-06-13 at 2:39 AM, Kraethius said:

Are you unable to complete Sover Strait, the first node on Earth Proxima? It only has two crewships and about two dozen fighters, even an entry-level Railjack should be able to tackle those. I need details, details! 😁

Yeah, first mission. My ship is so slow so I go with Archwing, doing fine (better than RJ) and let my ship far away from enemies. Then, all of sudden, I got boarded and I have to go back to ship. Enemies make some hole but I cannot seal it (no "X to seal" interaction or something).

On 2021-06-13 at 2:46 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Have you not played any Railjack missions?

I have tried it few times but it was so slugish and other stuffs that I haven't bothered to try it again.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

This sounds like the problem. I found it easy enough to solo. Make sure you get the NPC crew and it is fairly easy. It is faster with other people though. There is no way to make the mission fun, you can make it less boring by only doing the easy mode (exterminate). The others are a nightmare.

It's easy when with NPC. To get NPC you need to beat missions. You start without NPC.

I think you missed few step with that "easy" stuffs.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's easy when with NPC. To get NPC you need to beat missions. You start without NPC.

I think you missed few step with that "easy" stuffs.

Some intrinsics and credits aren't very hard to come by. Add the dirt-cheap equipment from research and RJ really isn't hard to solo. This comes from someone who soloed the 'hard' RJ over a year ago. If I could do it back then, these days it should be a breeze for anyone who puts forward a small amount of effort.

As per the suggestions it's perfectly doable solo. I play mostly solo and do the highest level mission in RJ solo. With the right RJ build it's very easy in terms of the Railjack part.

I posted my Railjack loadout here: 

You can check that out for reference. It's obviously maxed out, but honestly I didn't have a maxed Railjack before the new update hit and I found it extremely easy with the new crew you could hire. 

Check Ticker in Fortuna for new crew. Make sure though to upgrade your command intrinsic. You may need to play a few Railjack missions to get everything. But honestly maxing your Railjack is much easier now than before the update.

On the other hand at MR12 you probably don't have the best built frames and weapons with the right mods either. There could be something to work on as well.

Sevagoth isn't going anywhere. If you're not strong enough right now then get stronger. When you can do the missions solo you'll find it's much easier. Drop rates for Sevagoth are pretty good. I got 2 Sevagoths in less time you just mentioned. One to play with and one for the Helminth.

Another piece of advice that helps me as well is if you try to grind for something and it doesn't work out after a couple tries go do something else. There's nothing more frustrating than fighting RNG and not getting a reward for your effort. Switch to something in the game that does give you a reward for your time spent. Makes the game feel less grindy. At least it does for me. For instance when I want a forma blueprint. I will run 2-3 relic missions. If I don't get it, I stop and go do something else. Try again another day.

Without putting the time into your railjack (and learning how to use it, not knowing about omnitool is pretty telling) you are stuck with selecting a mission and hoping you join a squad (or keeping an eye on recruiting and join up with them).

Unfortunately this is best done when it's first released and everyone's playing it. I imagine most people are done with it now and playing regular void missions to unlock relics instead of bothering with railjack void. So yeah, your chances of joining an open session is probably limited. Depending on your region you could change it to a more popular region and get a bit better luck at joining a squad.

The reason recruiting won't help is that's gonna make you host and people don't wanna ride in your lame railjack.

On 2021-06-13 at 11:01 AM, quxier said:

Yeah, first mission. My ship is so slow so I go with Archwing, doing fine (better than RJ) and let my ship far away from enemies. Then, all of sudden, I got boarded and I have to go back to ship. Enemies make some hole but I cannot seal it (no "X to seal" interaction or something).

I have tried it few times but it was so slugish and other stuffs that I haven't bothered to try it again.

Ok well if you don't like it then don't do em? Otherwise if you want to hit me up in game I can pull you through some of them if you want just to get you going.

3 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

these days it should be a breeze for anyone who puts forward a small amount of effort.

I've put more than "small amount" and it didn't work.

I don't meant it's not doable but it require much more effort than Archwing, imho.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

I've put more than "small amount" and it didn't work.

I don't meant it's not doable but it require much more effort than Archwing, imho.

Which parts caused you issues? Most problems are solved by hiring an npc with decent repair/combat/endurance, giving them your best weapon and setting them as Engineer. You shouldn't have to worry about the ship after that.

7 minutes ago, Kraethius said:

Which parts caused you issues? Most problems are solved by hiring an npc with decent repair/combat/endurance, giving them your best weapon and setting them as Engineer. You shouldn't have to worry about the ship after that.

There is one tiny problem with hiring NPCs. It requires rank 1 intrinsic and I have rank 0. Can I magically upgrade it WITHOUT finishing the mission? I know I could buy "crew pack" but I don't want to waste plat on RJ.

38 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ok well if you don't like it then don't do em? Otherwise if you want to hit me up in game I can pull you through some of them if you want just to get you going.

Yeah, I don't play them.

And thank you for the offer but I couldn't play online (lagging pc).

Just now, quxier said:

Are you unable to complete Sover Strait, the first node on Earth Proxima? It only has two crewships and about two dozen fighters, even an entry-level Railjack should be able to tackle those. I need details, details! 😁

15 minutes ago, quxier said:

First mission on earth is doable solo without a crew with a stock Railjack. One mission should get you enough intrinsics to get command rank 1 and maybe even more. Have you not played any Railjack missions?

Players have been doing Railjack solo before the changes. More importantly Railjack was a lot harder before the changes and gave less rewards.

3 hours ago, CrustyMan said:

If you're having trouble farming Sevigoth perhaps a better strategy is to Not Farm Sevigoth

Just buy him from Market.

On 2021-06-13 at 12:51 AM, krc473 said:

MR12 isn’t how many hours you have played, or how well equipped you are. I would say that you must be fairly new to the game simply because you thought your MR was an indication of something.

While this is Very True.... It's about Harsh hearing it like this 😥.

But unfortunately it's something Every Tenno needs to grasp sooner or later so you might aswell rip that Band Aid off sooner rather than later.

On 2021-06-13 at 12:40 AM, CrustyMan said:

The Good news is Warframe isn't a "Git Gus" type of game... It's more like "Get Gear".... if anything is giving you Trouble than then it's likely that you are either missing some Obscure Piece of Information or just don't have the Right Mods....

The other piece of good news is that MR 10 to MR 12 is Warframe's largest cluster of Active Players.... If you take your Complaining to the Feedback Section (hopefully without the Attitude) then it's likely that DE might actually reconsider making some changes....  They definitely won't do this for MR 30 players.... There's just not enough of them to warrant the effort 😝 !!!

4 hours ago, quxier said:

You can patch the 'hole' with your Omnitool using Revolite; you should have enough for a single breach from the beginning of the mission. You can make more with your forges, which also increases the maximum you can carry.

I equipped all starting stuff and removed my crew and gave the mission a try. Unfortunately can't disable Intrinsics but they don't give that much turret damage. Here's a video of it:

Spoiler

Archived