Mastery Rank 23 Test, I don't Understand why

What kind of mission across ALLLL the Starchart ask us to do anything like what is tested here? None.

What kind of skill proves this test? aiming? running? Having a Limbo, having a fast Warframe not a really... why do I need to do this test? what does this teach me?
it really look like poor design

• Like 3

I dont see the problem here, i did that test years ago with my Zephyr and it was easy.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

You sound salty. Did you fail the test?

He probably didnt practice it and went straight into the actual test.

• Like 6

I actually agree with OP, it just felt kinda meh. In years of playing I never had to "grab Limbo and run around ignoring everything except some things you have to stand next to", even in Spy and Rescue where I normally use him as cheese. I did a few practice runs trying to avoid the obvious cheese, but eventually settled on cheese.

It was kinda ironic for me since I unlocked MR23 via Limbo Prime, more or less (had been formaing him and leveling other weapons, he stopped needing forma just before i hit MR23).

Also, I think it's very telling that most of the comments are "you failed, didn't you?" instead of actually addressing how nonsense the test is. Also, iirc, a lot of higher MR tests are nonsense.

• Like 14

It's a weird test! As I understand, there's another one like it later with more parkour elements thrown in.

I used limbo, speed mods, and the big map to predict where to go which is similar to how I approach sabotage caches, so in a way it uses that kind of skillset?

I consider Limbo a mandatory warframe everyone should have in their arsenal. You don't need any forma or reactors or anything, it just has to be a limbo, just in case a limbo situation shows up.

• Like 4

*keyup Kung FU theme tune*

Ah Grasshopper, the test is so you can learn control of yourself and your surroundings, when you can master stopping all the pebbles from moving is when you are ready to progress in your training.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

It's a weird test! As I understand, there's another one like it later with more parkour elements thrown in.

I used limbo, speed mods, and the big map to predict where to go which is similar to how I approach sabotage caches, so in a way it uses that kind of skillset?

I consider Limbo a mandatory warframe everyone should have in their arsenal. You don't need any forma or reactors or anything, it just has to be a limbo, just in case a limbo situation shows up.

Weird test, until you replace the disk with an operative with paper thin health and a death wish a.k.a every bloody idiot I've had to record from rescue or do Sortie Defence with. Then being able to move fast while sticking near to something and either tank or avoid damage makes more sense.

Limbo, for all the crap he gets because of people who play him wrong needs surprisingly little investment to work quiet well for defense stuff. I used him on my alt account. 1 forma and a potato, plus some time to do vault runs for Narrow Minded was all I needed to make him great for excavation and mobile defense missions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

it really look like you failed the test and came here to vent.

No, it really honestly truly look like that. A lot of other tests require us to do stuff that are useless in the main game, but you come to rant about this particular one?

3 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

what does this teach me?

Just like with other tests, it teach you to be creative, and test your knowledge about warframe, as well as your basic skills of moving the warframes. At the very least it teach you to use google.

I didn't even looked it up. I just learned right now in this thread that we can use limbo. I used wukong with no movement mods, just slapped shedu on his twin hoping that it'll take out as many enemies (and it did) while i bullet jump through the test.

• Like 3

Not having gotten to it, instead watching a video, it looks like the player can use the wall climbing mechanics to keep close but still stay alive by dodging around on the walls…?

edit: Watched more video, that looks like that’d work. Now I’m inclined to work my way up the mastery ranks to give it a shot

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Not having gotten to it, instead watching a video, it looks like the player can use the wall climbing mechanics to keep close but still stay alive by dodging around on the walls…?

edit: Watched more video, that looks like that’d work. Now I’m inclined to work my way up the mastery ranks to give it a shot

As a veteran who is way behind on mastery (only almost 19) after ALL these years, it motivates me to move up more, despite how slow I have moved up mastery-wise, as the ranks climbed higher over the years. 

These tests sound like fun, and now I want to try them. I feel you, I want to give it a shot. It sounds like a fun challenge, that I could pull off if I set my mind to it. I wish more people approached video games with your attitude which is like "oh, an interesting challenge, I'd like to give that a shot", and not "oh my gosh, a challenge, how can I circumvent that and be lazy as fast as possible?". 

Edit: Like... I have been having PC problems I almost have finished sussing out... Support thinks it is CPU overheating and I am almost certain they are correct, but the point is, I have not been trying seriously the MR19 stealth test because I can crash randomly for no reason due to hardware issues after just a couple minutes of play despite my pc being above average specs, but the test is FUN for me. I WANT to master these tests and enjoy them. Maybe I'm old school when it comes to video games, but completing a challenge thrown in front of me, instead of complaining until the devs remove it because I am a baby, is incredibly satisfying to me... even if its just a game. It is a nice accomplishment to complete a challenge given to you, instead of soiling yourself in such a messy way that the devs change not only you but all future diapers in advance so they will never hear so much crying again lol. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

What kind of mission across ALLLL the Starchart ask us to do anything like what is tested here? None.

What kind of skill proves this test? aiming? running? Having a Limbo, having a fast Warframe not a really... why do I need to do this test? what does this teach me?

It teaches you movement skills which you obviously don't have.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

That is correct and the targets move faster in the later one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It teaches you movement skills which you obviously don't have.

Don't the earlier tests have that? More complex ones? I vaguely remember having to parkour and shoot discs for one.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean yeh. The fact he needs to use limbo speaks volumes. I did it with Nova cos it was fun that way. 

Does it really? I mean, I don't remember who I tried first, maybe Valkyr. I decided that engaging the enemies was a waste of time after two different frame/weapon combos. I believe Sayrn was my second (spore them while I ran around, turns out the spores worked too good and ran out of enemies, so I had to keep flicking around to reset, or I'd run out of energy). I just decided "hey, Limbo cheese is a thing, how bad is it here?" Turns out, legendarily cheesey. MR23 was recent enough I remember the test, but not how I felt about it, or details like that.

Could I have used someone else? Probly. Did they occur before Limbo? Obviously not. Though, thinking about it Loki could've been amusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Don't the earlier tests have that? More complex ones? I vaguely remember having to parkour and shoot discs for one.

Does it really? I mean, I don't remember who I tried first, maybe Valkyr. I decided that engaging the enemies was a waste of time after two different frame/weapon combos. I believe Sayrn was my second (spore them while I ran around, turns out the spores worked too good and ran out of enemies, so I had to keep flicking around to reset, or I'd run out of energy). I just decided "hey, Limbo cheese is a thing, how bad is it here?" Turns out, legendarily cheesey. MR23 was recent enough I remember the test, but not how I felt about it, or details like that.

Could I have used someone else? Probly. Did they occur before Limbo? Obviously not. Though, thinking about it Loki could've been amusing.

The earlier tests have jumping movements, wall hops that kinda thing but it doesn't share the same sort of rapid movement combined with killing enemies that this test offers. 
For your second question it really does depend where you're at in terms of your frame builds and weaponry because if you're moderately geared then sure you can simply ignore the incoming damage(something you cannot do for the later test in a similar vein). If that's the case you can look to use a movement based frame hence my Nova or there's Volt, Nezha, Loki, Saryn etc.

easiets thign to do would probably be to farm Inaros and use him. then you can practice parkour and not have t worry about getting shot, because bullets = dandruff with Inaros.

there's an easy-cheesy solution to the majority of MR tests, which combined with a couple practice runs, should become really easy. 

Prophetic Joke:

MR31 Test (or Prestige Rank whatever) will require Railjack mandatory. Players will cry foul, DE will crumble and set it as the original MR01 Test using Steel Path enemies instead.

13 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

why do I need to do this test? what does this teach me?

1. It teaches you to make strategically relevant decisions, such as what weapons, frame, and mod loadout to bring to special missions. Discouraging the "one size fits all meta" mentality.
  2. It teaches you to run around like a wild hog-monkey. Warframe is not "CoD", you are stronger and more deadly than any enemy, you just need to not fight fair.
  3. It teaches you that mobility trumps tankiness, and "cheese" trumps strategy/effort (unfortunately).

14 hours ago, Jcyrano said:

This makes me really salty. If you said this when MR23 was newly released, that would have been fine! But it isn't new, it's been around for years. I get mad at DE for a number of issues, but not this. You are wrong on this account.

• Like 3