Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 23 Test, I don't Understand why

Jcyrano

I failed this one at first attempt too.

I ended up using a max duration Loki for this and the other MR test of this kind.

To me, it seemed to be more about using what I'd learned about modding frames than anything else. I could have cheesed it using a Limbo, but it's more fun trying to find your own answers to the problem than just looking it up on Youtube like most people seem to do.

5 hours ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

You thought 23 was bad then you're in for a real treat at MR 26 though I passed it..like MR23 this test is super frustrating & annoying & honestly best thing DE can do is remove em.. but I feel you OP just practice & you will get it eventually...

Have you ever tried tapping your crouch really lightly while moving in the direction you want to? You might be pleasantly suprised and keep up with the target easily.

Just now, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Already beat them both but thanks for the tip...

No problem. It sounded like you were having issues with speed, essentially if you don't press it long enough that you crouch you will instead do a sort of standing slide that is faster than running. So you do it continually and can keep up with the target the whole time except for the ones that decide to occasionally zoom off and you just do a low to the ground bullet jump followed by a tumble to keep up.

ignore all the "GIT GUD" nonsense here; the real lesson is just to take a practice test -- there's a little button in the corner.

DE has gotten better, but there is still plenty of stuff in this game that is fairly unintuitive and is a game of "figure out what the devs want you to do," or "implement cool ideas on paper but mop up the execution later," or "why does this exist". This game used to be arguably borderline unplayable without heavy use of the wiki and Youtube, and... well, it's still a good idea to use those. Granted, I think part of Warframe's charm and fun is precisely because it's not a triple-A, precisely-manicured theme park game, but that comes with having to deal with rough spots sometimes.

For all mastery tests, your best move is watching youtube videos on how to cheese them, using the right weapon, frame or whatever needed.

Then go over to simaris and run enough practice runs you feel safe to beat it.

Maybe outside some of the early parkour tests, I don't feel you learn or grow or qualify for any aspects of the game. Did I become a better player from the MR 13 test, put me on a whole other level?

I also feel if you grinded beyond a certain level, it simply took so much time, you should be an expert player long before then, where it would be more appropiate if it was levels in the hundreds or thousands. Because more than anything the game is a time grind.

Being something like MR 12, sounds kind of small and pathetic, if it took that player 800 hours to get there, maybe they should be MR 800 instead.

So as always, just get it done, read and study up on the least frustrating, usually meaning fastest way, and save yourself some grief. And then you kind of have to make sense of it all and find your own motivation and fun in the game.

22 hours ago, Surbusken said:

For all mastery tests, your best move is watching youtube videos on how to cheese them, using the right weapon, frame or whatever needed.

Just did the MR30 test a few days ago, also have never watched youtube videos about warframe.

I'd encourage people to think for themselves, they can practices the tests. 

54 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Just did the MR30 test a few days ago, also have never watched youtube videos about warframe.

I'd encourage people to think for themselves, they can practices the tests. 

I don't know what your point is here?

Are you saying people should not seek out information, in order to deliberately waste as much of their time as possible?

That you played the game blind, never checking the codex for relic prime parts or looked up maps for fishing etc?

By that logic, you played the whole game solo right? Because it would ruin the challenge if you had help.

And I am also have to going to disagree the game requires "thinking".

23 hours ago, Surbusken said:

your best move is watching youtube videos on how to cheese them

23 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Yeah I can see your train of thought.

12 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Yeah I can see your train of thought.

Can you?

Is that why you aren't commenting on any of the points I am making or replying to my post at all?

I mean if you don't want to debate the points, then why are you posting.

I can't speak to how much you had to think but I do believe the general consensus is, the game is a looter-shooter, braindead, for the most parts, objectively speaking.

After asking what your point was, getting no reply, I don't know where to take it from here.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Is this a well disguised "I Failed the test and came here to rant" post?

It is not well disguised... at all

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Okay imma stop you right there.

Let's not over exaggerate things. #*!%ing candy crush requires thinking. Even picking your nose requires thinking.

Let's not insult warframe too hard so we all can still hold on to the illusion that we're using our time wisely, not just on stupid braindead S#&$ game that's entirely useless.

I feel that I'm the only one that scratched his head when reading about an MR test. MR23? Which one is that? It seems that I forget about them soon after I finish qualifying.

Then I partially watched a video. Oh, it's that one. I think it was kind of annoying, but I have no idea what I did to complete it - certainly I did not use Limbo because I don't use him at all. Someone fast I suppose? Loki maybe, or Ash. No idea. Sorry, but my whole input in this thread is just head-scratching.

8 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Did you feel the need to make a complaint thread about it? What? You didn't? What's wrong with you...

I just used Gauss for it.

My only complaint would be that I felt that Gauss was kind of the only option for the test.

But grinding out frames and weapons to complete a specific objective is part of Warframe so I can’t really complain.

14 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Let's not insult warframe too hard so we all can still hold on to the illusion that we're using our time wisely, not just on stupid braindead S#&$ game that's entirely useless.

lol that's not where I was going with it.

"Mindless fun" might be more diplomatic and it's never a waste of time having fun, that's what video games are meant to be.

The point we were debating was the parts of the game that are just obvious time wasters, which is what there is most of. There isn't any intellectual puzzle to solve finding out certain fish only spawn a night.

That's just you looking up a map to stop the developers from wasting your time, which is what they mainly want to do.

Then some other guy says no one should look up information and I asked them if they played solo, never used the codex or talked to other players for help etc. to which they haven't replied.

And extended to the MR tests, could you really argue you miss key elements of the game, lack miss out on fundamental game knowledge, because you cheese a test.

On 2021-06-13 at 7:41 AM, Soy77 said:

Just like with other tests, it teach you to be creative, and test your knowledge about warframe, as well as your basic skills of moving the warframes. At the very least it teach you to use google.

More accurately and to simplify: "Challenge? Let's trivialize it!"

Archived