Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 23 Test, I don't Understand why

Jcyrano

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

The point we were debating was the parts of the game that are just obvious time wasters, which is what there is most of. There isn't any intellectual puzzle to solve finding out certain fish only spawn a night.

That's just you looking up a map to stop the developers from wasting your time, which is what they mainly want to do.

Then some other guy says no one should look up information and I asked them if they played solo, never used the codex or talked to other players for help etc. to which they haven't replied.

So you don't/can't read?

4 hours ago, L3512 said:

Just did the MR30 test a few days ago, also have never watched youtube videos about warframe.

I'd encourage people to think for themselves, they can practices the tests. 

Mastery rank tests are not hidden away, nor do they drop from enemies, comparing them to fishing is a bit obtuse.

Another point in this case is that going from 22 to 23 grants nothing important, what time do you waste? 5 minutes to fail a test?

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

And extended to the MR tests, could you really argue you miss key elements of the game, lack miss out on fundamental game knowledge, because you cheese a test.

Not because you cheese a test but I would say a person is missing both key elements and fundamental knowledge of the game if they can't use one of the 46 or so frames and plan how to complete 30 pretty simple tests.

3 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I can't speak to how much you had to think but I do believe the general consensus is, the game is a looter-shooter, braindead, for the most parts, objectively speaking.

You suggest simply subbing out thinking to another person but think the game is braindead?

Yeah I play a fair bit of solo, use the codex, pretty much always have the wiki up. Can't remember ever asking anyone for help.

1 hour ago, L3512 said:

So you don't/can't read?

Mastery rank tests are not hidden away, nor do they drop from enemies, comparing them to fishing is a bit obtuse.

Another point in this case is that going from 22 to 23 grants nothing important, what time do you waste? 5 minutes to fail a test?

Not because you cheese a test but I would say a person is missing both key elements and fundamental knowledge of the game if they can't use one of the 46 or so frames and plan how to complete 30 pretty simple tests.

You suggest simply subbing out thinking to another person but think the game is braindead?

Yeah I play a fair bit of solo, use the codex, pretty much always have the wiki up. Can't remember ever asking anyone for help.

The debate is "using help" vs "thinking yourself", right?

Then you come out splitting words on using youtube, which isn't okay, but it is fine to use the wiki, codex or asking other players, because that is what you use?

Same as singling out fishing, fishing isn't the same as opening relics!!!111one

No, it isn't? But did that have anything to do with the point though? The point was "thinking" or "reading up", true? "You can't skip parts of the game using information", right?

Thing is you play assisted too, you just said as much, so I actually still have no idea where you are going with any of it.

The MR tests are so high quality gameplay, people owe it to themselves to play MR tests on suboptimal frames, to not cheat themselves out of the experience, is that what you are saying?

Not trying to be snarky or rhetorical, I am asking what your point is.

18 hours ago, Surbusken said:

The debate is "using help" vs "thinking yourself", right?

Then you come out splitting words on using youtube, which isn't okay, but it is fine to use the wiki, codex or asking other players, because that is what you use?

Same as singling out fishing, fishing isn't the same as opening relics!!!111one

No, it isn't? But did that have anything to do with the point though? The point was "thinking" or "reading up", true? "You can't skip parts of the game using information", right?

Thing is you play assisted too, you just said as much, so I actually still have no idea where you are going with any of it.

The MR tests are so high quality gameplay, people owe it to themselves to play MR tests on suboptimal frames, to not cheat themselves out of the experience, is that what you are saying?

Not trying to be snarky or rhetorical, I am asking what your point is.

So I've bolded everything that you have basically made up.

Everything I've said stems from this.

On 2021-06-14 at 7:47 PM, Surbusken said:

For all mastery tests, your best move is watching youtube videos on how to cheese them, using the right weapon, frame or whatever needed.

In response to that I was basically saying the tests are pretty simple and if someone can't do them without subbing out their thinking to a youtuber, they have bigger issues.

In an effort to understand the "big deal" I just did the MR23 test with an unmodded Excalibur Umbra, while it wasn't optimal I still completed the test. 

You respond with comparing MR tests fishing and relics?

2 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Here is my first reply, and what I kept repeating without getting an answer:

I don't know what your point is here?

Are you saying people should not seek out information, in order to deliberately waste as much of their time as possible?

That you played the game blind, never checking the codex for relic prime parts or looked up maps for fishing etc?

By that logic, you played the whole game solo right? Because it would ruin the challenge if you had help.

And I am also have to going to disagree the game requires "thinking".

I feel like, we can't debate your point, when you aren't making one. Then I tried to help you along by suggesting points, it sounded like you wanted to make, but really I've just been asking you what your point was this whole time, from the very first line.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-06-12 at 9:54 PM, RazerXPrime said:

It's a very good test. It's all about precision and mobility while avoiding enemy fire.

You sound salty. Did you fail the test?

It's also all about Limbo. This test tests your knowledge about using Limbo to bypass the game.

Stop asking why we got this particular test. Instead ask why we even have mastery test in the first place? DE could of just reward our effort each time we reach the threshold mastery points. But NO! We have to earn it somehow. Wait until you reach the Legendary Rank 1 test. It's just kill all these mobs under the timer with only a primary weapon. Doesn't that sound just like the Mastery Rank 1 test?

Edit: damn just realize it's a necro thread...

On 2021-06-12 at 8:46 PM, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I actually agree with OP, it just felt kinda meh. In years of playing I never had to "grab Limbo and run around ignoring everything except some things you have to stand next to", even in Spy and Rescue where I normally use him as cheese. I did a few practice runs trying to avoid the obvious cheese, but eventually settled on cheese.

It was kinda ironic for me since I unlocked MR23 via Limbo Prime, more or less (had been formaing him and leveling other weapons, he stopped needing forma just before i hit MR23).

Also, I think it's very telling that most of the comments are "you failed, didn't you?" instead of actually addressing how nonsense the test is. Also, iirc, a lot of higher MR tests are nonsense.

Not surprising in this forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not sure if the test have been changed, when I see the tutorial in youtube from 2018, it seem those nodes move much slower.

First of all I think the machinic is fun, but it friggin suck as a test. 

Second, the wf forum bring me back to real life every time, were people can be quite toxic and ignorant in certain thing: The first couple of post reply to OP goes with, are you salty? have you practiced? Bro, this is suppose to be a test of your mastery in the game mechanic, not how you can exploits or practice on it. Practice and/or remember the route of those nodes is actually cheating! I am sure you all go to school, do you think the teacher will give you the exact questions that you need to answer in the final exam for practice? It is suppose to test what you have learnt during the semester. 

And similarly, the test should test what we do in the game, not something unrelated to it, which this test is.

4 hours ago, Tenderdm said:

Second, the wf forum bring me back to real life every time, were people can be quite toxic and ignorant in certain thing: The first couple of post reply to OP goes with, are you salty? have you practiced?

Yeah I also didn't really approve of the first few responses....

And just like everyone else... I cheesed this Test with Limbo...

It's essentially "Mobile Interception"...

On 2021-06-13 at 4:46 AM, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

In years of playing I never had to "grab Limbo and run around ignoring everything except some things you have to stand next to"

And you didn't have to for the MR23 test. You chose to. I really don't think that MR test was asking too much. Yeah, it was a little stressful, but with a little focus it is totally doable without using Limbo to ignore the enemies.

1 hour ago, HintOfMalice said:

And you didn't have to for the MR23 test. You chose to. I really don't think that MR test was asking too much. Yeah, it was a little stressful, but with a little focus it is totally doable without using Limbo to ignore the enemies.

Exactly.... Some players have been using Zephyr to ignore the Enemies....

Or Mesa to ignore The Enemies... Or Loki to ignore the Enemies....

Or Revenant to Ignore the enemies....

Look... The point I'm getting at here is... If you're going to ignore the enemies.... Might aswell do it InStyle:

LimboPrimeNewLook.png

Archived