Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus spaceship rescue

sp1ith3ad

So who else has found that in Corpus spaceship rescue missions if you enter the rescue area from the front there is an open vent on the left (before entering the room). If you go into the vent there is a door that looks lock (keyword looks). If you go into this door you enter the rescue room without using the multi-player door. 

By the way if you enter the rescue area on this way the wardens don't spawn in.

11 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

I still have yet to see anyone other than me go that route in a sortie.

Probably because the kill timer is a complete joke so everyone just kicks in the door.

I mean, what are they gonna do, lock me in? Please. :P

13 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Probably because the kill timer is a complete joke so everyone just kicks in the door.

I mean, what are they gonna do, lock me in? Please. :P

I run Loki for these. By the time I'm hacking the room is fighting each other because Irradiating Disarm 😈

4 hours ago, sp1ith3ad said:

So who else has found that in Corpus spaceship rescue missions if you enter the rescue area from the front there is an open vent on the left (before entering the room). If you go into the vent there is a door that looks lock (keyword looks). If you go into this door you enter the rescue room without using the multi-player door. 

By the way if you enter the rescue area on this way the wardens don't spawn in.

Please don't tell the forums, I like that hole in the floor and the tunnel out back, it means I don't have to wait for my slow Clan mates, now DE will close that door. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Buff00n said:

If it's a Corpus Ship rescue sortie, then going in that way also avoids starting the kill timer.  I still have yet to see anyone other than me go that route in a sortie.

You've never been in my squad then, I do it all the time, I had one of the mates saying where are you I'm at the team door and I went past him with the hostage. CJ1Iq.gif

Rescues should be more high stakes IMO, at least in Sorties. instead of a guaranteed alarm, it's be cool if being spotted by a Warden meant they'd go to the captive's cell, unlock it and then just shoot them dead, with proper timing you could be faster than normal because the door would be unlocked for you, so you just kill the warden and get out of there with the hostage.

why any holding cell has an execution protocol that takes several minutes is beyond silly to me.

20 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

why any holding cell has an execution protocol that takes several minutes is beyond silly to me.

Bureaucracy. They need judicial authority to execute a captive. The bureaucracy needs to establish credible threat as to the release of the prisoner, before authorizing it's death. Probably. On the other hand, the bureaucracy wants to ensure that even slower Tenno have a fair chance of freeing the prisoner. After all, wouldn't want to give up an excellent bit of anti-Tenno propaganda, just because the Tenno in question is incapable! Totally that. Maybe.

Hm it's probably not this one, but there's this one Corpus rescue mission that I've never figured out how to do stealthily. It's a big room with at the center a large glass corridor leading to the cells in the middle of the room. There's a turret and a camera there too. It's blocked by lasers. I just brute force my way in which gets the job done, but it does start the timer. There's a console somewhere on top of the prison area, but it doesn't shut down the lasers.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Hm it's probably not this one, but there's this one Corpus rescue mission that I've never figured out how to do stealthily. It's a big room with at the center a large glass corridor leading to the cells in the middle of the room. There's a turret and a camera there too. It's blocked by lasers. I just brute force my way in which gets the job done, but it does start the timer. There's a console somewhere on top of the prison area, but it doesn't shut down the lasers.

With that one go down the hole at the team door, go to the back of big room steering clear of the front of the glass tunnel, you'll see a structure there at the back, drop down  to the lower level and go through the little door go along the little corridor and jump up into another one, then you'll go past three lockers on each side, go through the door and the prisoner cells are in there.

Edit:
Actually it is the same mission the op mentions.

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

With that one go down the hole at the team door, go to the back of big room steering clear of the front of the glass tunnel, you'll see a structure there at the back, drop down  to the lower level and go through the little door go along the little corridor and jump up into another one, then you'll go past three lockers on each side, go through the door and the prisoner cells are in there.

Edit:

Thanks. I'll give that a try (if I remember ;)) next time I play that mission.

On 2021-06-13 at 9:45 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Most rescue maps have alternate ways in. 😊

Op means something different.

On other maps, you can enter through the double-keypad door and then there is an alternate route in there. (Through a side door, from below, whatever)
On corpus ship on the other hand, you can oftentimes skip the double-keypad door entirely, which is quite unusual. (Once inside, there are also alternate routes again)

On 2021-06-13 at 12:45 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Most rescue maps have alternate ways in. 😊

He's not talking about the hackable door, he's talking about the friendship door before the hackable door. Corpus New Ship is the only tileset to let you skip the friendship door

19 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Edit:

11 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Thanks. I'll give that a try (if I remember ;)) next time I play that mission.

I should have mentioned when you go to the back of the big room I mean go down left or right to the sides of the glass tunnel and you'll see the two structures I'm talking about and you should see an active door, if no active door go to otherside of the same area, I normally skirt along below the sides of the side walkways.

On 2021-06-13 at 11:02 AM, Buff00n said:

If it's a Corpus Ship rescue sortie, then going in that way also avoids starting the kill timer.  I still have yet to see anyone other than me go that route in a sortie.

I have NEVER seen anybody use it even outside of Sorties. It rarely confuses players that I rescue hostage before they even open the room door.

Archived