Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Op (Read The Tldr)

shut

TL;DR:
Vectis isn't OP.

Increase the reliability and effectiveness of other Snipers, either by tweaking stats (for weapons like Vulkar and Latron) or by slight tweaks and additions to mods that would greatly improve the reliability of Sniper weapons without affecting DPS.

By the way, please read through the suggestions before questioning the validity of this thread and saying "none of the above" without even reading. I'd rather not have the comments filled with people who simply make assumptions and judge before even stopping to look at what was really being said.

No, the Vectis isn't OP.
Other Sniper-type weapons (Bows, Vulkar, Lanka (to an extent), Miter) simply aren't as good at doing their own job-- that is, taking out enemies in one hit. Lanka is only more effective than Vectis in this case on the first shot out of its entire magazine, assuming both are equipped with some sort of Chamber mod. In other scenarios, Vectis simply destroys other Sniper Rifles like they're nothing.

Vectis is a bit like the Galatine of Sniper weapons. Is it overpowered? Not really. It's merely more useful against high-leveled enemies than its counterparts.
Since other Sniper-type weapons have lots of trouble taking down higher-leveled enemies (which, really, is their job), my suggestion is that other Sniper weapons (directly or indirectly) be buffed to roughly the Vectis' level. And that's what this thread is going to be about.

This could be done in several ways (preferably all of them):

-Allow Charged/Primed Chamber mods to work with Bows and the Miter.

-Increase the damage of Charged Chamber to balance it more with the Primed Chamber mod. Perhaps to 75% or 80%, maybe with a Mod Cost that's a tiny bit higher than what it is now.

-Release mods that increase projectile speed of weapons such as Bows, Miter, Lanka, etc. and a Secondary weapon counterpart for things like Kunai and Ballistica.

-Increase the usefulness of uncharged shots for Bows and Miter, to make them more versatile weapons than Lanka and Vectis-- similar to what the Ballistica has. Doesn't have to be a brand-new mechanic like Ballistica's (it can and likely should stay as it is now), but spamming uncharged shots should yield greater DPS than firing charged shots; they're completely useless except for quick staggers as they are now. This won't help them in OHKO'ing enemies from afar, but it will allow these weapons to have options and versatility that Lanka, Vulkar and Vectis don't.

-Reduce base reload speed of the Lanka, Vulkar and Miter, so players will have less of a problem with reloading after every shot if they want to make use out of a Chamber mod.

-Reduce base charge time for Lanka and Miter, allowing for more somewhat more rapid shots at the cost of them being somewhat difficult-to-aim projectiles (and doing less damage per hit than Vectis when a Chamber mod is attached unless the player reloads after every shot).

-Show the Vulkar some love. It's a low-tier weapon, but that's no excuse for it being unable to kill a level 1 Grineer Sawman with a bodyshot when unranked. Some may say "Damage 2.0", but that's not going to increase its pitifully low base damage.

-Change the "Vile Precision" mod to reduce spread rather than recoil, so this mod can be combined with Heavy Caliber to be compatible with Sniper weapons (or any weapon, really, considering that there is no longer any weapon that needs Vile Precision when using Stabilizer).

-Increase the base damage and Critical Chance/Multipliers of the Latron series, to allow them to be built and treated similarly to a faster but weaker Sniper Rifle.

-Alter the base stats of the other Sniper-type weapons that new damage formulae cannot do justice. Miter, for example, is a direct downgrade to Paris Prime in terms of damage per hit to a single target, due to its innate lack of Critical Hits. It should have higher base charge damage than most other Sniper-type weapons (while Crit is unchanged), with higher minimum damage at the cost of lower maximum damage. The Snipetron series should also see a bit of this light.

-Change Split Chamber from 90% Multishot to 100% Multishot at max rank, possibly with a slight nerf to Serration to compensate. At the moment, Sniper weapons with maxed Split Chamber on them have a 10% chance to do half of the damage that they normally would. This should not be the case for weapons that are designed to reliably destroy targets in single hits. DPS of all Rifles will be more or less unaffected, while Sniper Rifles in general will become more viable due to their greatly lowered likelihood of not killing the target and causing it to go and alert the whole ship of your presence.

Thoughts? Additions? Subtractions?

Edited by SortaRandom

It wont ever happen.  What guns have been buffed ever? Braton is one...Grakata's crit chance I guess is two...Sobek is three.  But none of these were in response to another weapon being released.

(I guess the Braton was to appease the whiners crying about the Braton Vandal...but whatever)

I'm glad the title was just to fool me. Vectis is about where it should be, it kills most things in one shot, its pretty much king in making big numbers. Higher levels if more than 4 guys show up you might be in trouble.

Thank you OP for not complaining like I thought the thread would be about.

Subtract all of it.

Updated original post. TL;DR added.

I'd appreciate it if you read through the post before instantly denouncing all of it.

Realize that by doing so, you're saying no to:

-Making Vile Precision worth using on any weapon.

-Adding optional utility mods that do not affect damage.

-Stopping Snipers from having a 10% chance to do half damage (Multishot).

If you're going to say no to these things, please give reasons for doing so.

Edited by SortaRandom

and here we go again....

weapons are never OP to begin with period.

but whatever

If you actually read it, he said it's not OP... He said the others are UP. Show some respect for the topic and actually read it please.

As for the topic at hand, I agree that the other snipers aren't doing well enough. In other games, a sniper is supposed to be ridiculously powerful one-shot guns. They sacrifice ammo count and time to fire at long range with one shot. I'm disappointed with most sniper stats for higher level enemies. +1

OP!? Jeezus! People and the OP thing... some weapons are better than others, get over it. 

Read. The damn. Post.

Also, I completely support this. I love my Latron Prime to death, and I take it with me all the time to high-level missions, but it honestly (along with the others you have mentioned) needs some love.

OP!? Jeezus! People and the OP thing... some weapons are better than others, get over it. 

All of you people who can't read posts properly are the reason they derail/aren't read so much; OP has to repeat themselves constantly, loses willpower, and the thread falls into the mouths of trolls and fools. Other people see this and leave the thread, which may be (and is in this case) an actually legitimate read.

Learn from your mistakes. Spread the word. let's fix the forums.

Sorry for the rant.

tl;dr Ruk tl;dr's man.

Problem isn't Vectis. Problem is how a handful of mods apply on it.

* Increase Charged Chamber bonus to 100%. Leave it as being a little more expensive to equip than Primed Chamber. This is only fair.

* Change the mechanics of both Chamber mods so that you get the damage bonus once every N seconds (3? 4?) rather than on the first shot of a magazine. This means all sniper rifles benefit equally and encourages a "patient aiming" play style when engaging heavier enemies that can't be killed without the bonus i.e. actual sniping!

* Change "critical delay" mod to nerf reload time AND fire rate.

Edited by Momaw

I'm starting to lose faith in this community. The very first words of this thread:

"TL;DR:

Vectis isn't OP."

So many forumers, and, disappointingly, founders, seem to be unable to spend a split second of their time to let those words enter their eyes, and go straight to spewing their negativity without a care for what this thread is, let alone why it was made.

I'm sorry, but never have I seen a forum in which so many people enter feedback sections to attack these topics without even reading a single line.

Basilmarket is better than this. For shame.

Updated original post. TL;DR added.

I'd appreciate it if you read through the post before instantly denouncing all of it.

Realize that by doing so, you're saying no to:

-Making Vile Precision worth using on any weapon.

-Adding optional utility mods that do not affect damage.

-Stopping Snipers from having a 10% chance to do half damage (Multishot).

If you're going to say no to these things, please give reasons for doing so.

I did read all of it, dont assume. Vile Precision is a Corrupted mod, its fine as is IMO.

And there doesnt need to be another tier for Split Chamber, maybe a slight buff to put its max to 100%, but thats it.