Jump to content

Hide other players in singleplayer missions, relays etc.


Zurmekai

Recommended Posts

Here i am, trying to immerse myself in one of Warframe's many "stories" missions. But then i got to a specific point where i talked to one of the NPC's and other players were jumping around totally destroying my immersion. would it be possible to hide other players when in relays, decrease the numbers of players in relays or just render them off screen when talking to NPC's?

I know that Warframe is a multiplayer game, but that alone is not good enough as a reason to not have an option like this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zurmekai said:

I know that Warframe is a multiplayer game, but that alone is not good enough as a reason to not have an option like this...

I would say the option being totally useless for almost everything is a good reason not to have it. You should have the option to select a relay that had less people in it when clicking the relay you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

I would say the option being totally useless for almost everything is a good reason not to have it. You should have the option to select a relay that had less people in it when clicking the relay you want.

In that case... I propose a Relatively simply option of having a "Completely Empty Relay" being added into the Relay Instance selection since no relay Actually stays empty for very long.... Especially when Baro is in town.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, krc473 said:

I would say the option being totally useless for almost everything is a good reason not to have it. You should have the option to select a relay that had less people in it when clicking the relay you want.

Not always, sometimes there's only one, populated but not quite overpopulated enough for a second instance to exist, and it just throws you in.

Also you don't always get the relay you click if the game feels like shoving you over (I'm sure we've not all forgotten Scarlet Spear flotilla mess).

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

In that case... I propose a Relatively simply option of having a "Completely Empty Relay" being added into the Relay Instance selection since no relay Actually stays empty for very long.... Especially when Baro is in town.

I'd like this just so my machine doesn't have to waste effort loading a ton of players in full loadouts just because I wanted to go start Maroo's weekly, visit a vendor/syndicate, etc. Same for openworld hub zones, if you launch directly into the OW you'll always be extracting into the first, densest-populated hub instance still not quite full. Big time waste on slow machines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

In that case... I propose a Relatively simply option of having a "Completely Empty Relay" being added into the Relay Instance selection since no relay Actually stays empty for very long.... Especially when Baro is in town.

The OP seemed to be talking about it for the benefit of quests. So they could quite easily just avoid the Baro relay. It might differ by region, but I usually see multiple calm relays, and with the exception of Baro’s they tend to stay calm.

  • A solo/private relay option could be useful then if there really is a problem with it.
12 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Also you don't always get the relay you click if the game feels like shoving you over (I'm sure we've not all forgotten Scarlet Spear flotilla mess).

I cannot say I have ever noticed getting a different relay to the one I picked (if I pick a calm one I get a calm one). Flotilla were something else though, I don’t know if they followed normal relay rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...