Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashes/instability After Last Hotfix

Namacyst

My game crashes alot more after the last Hotfix than it was before.

Normally i had 1-2 crash a day when playing alot, now i have 1 every hour and the only thing that changed for me is the last Hotfix.

I can't give specifics when and why it crashes since it's totally random and can occur ingame, on map screen, arsenal... doesn't matter.

Also i encounter at random that "an update is available" message. I tried clearing the download cash and re-downloading the game and it helped until the next crash and then it was back again.

Maybe your Team can look into... "it".

Edited by Namacyst

Well, crap -- sorry for being short with you. I just checked and apparently our crash handler has stopped giving you the WAR-number when you're done uploadint the crash to us. I'll have to fix that -- otherwise I have no idea what crash you're talking about (out of the 100+ bugs submitted on any given day)

I don't know what causes the crashes myself because they are totally random. I had about 12 crashes within 3 hours of gameplay and it really annoys me.

It did crash when i was in arsenal, in Xini, on Universe mapscreen.. doesn't matter... just back to desktop --> error handler (which does not work for me btw. because it can't connect even if granted access in my firewall) and that's it. Sometimes i get that Tutorial again and sometimes it says "new update available" even if there is none. Randomness at it's best. So strange.

The only thing that changed on my system the last days was the Hotfix for Warframe bringin the new colours. Antivir says system is clean. I tried reinstalling already, clearing cache and YES, i tried turning it off and on again ^^ Nothing helped... still crashing like a boss.

I don't know what to do.. except stop playing until the next hotfix in hopes that it fixes "stuff"... but i really don't want to stop :/

Edited by Namacyst

I have been experiencing very frequent CTD's since the last hotfix (the one prior to the latest hotfix that got WAR numbers to appear after bug reporting). CTD's are the only issues I have been experiencing, and they have only been during missions. I just experienced another one since the most recent hotfix that got the WAR numbers working again. Last one I recieved was WAR-20029. Is there a reference us CB testers can view that lists the WAR numbers and their meaning?

Last one I recieved was WAR-20029. Is there a reference us CB testers can view that lists the WAR numbers and their meaning?

WAR-20029 is a rare physics crash -- there's only 5 hits on this crash in the database right now (out of 20,000 bugs!). Is that the only WAR you're getting?

These aren't error numbers; they refer to tickets created that we use to internally track crash bugs.

WAR-20029 is a rare physics crash -- there's only 5 hits on this crash in the database right now (out of 20,000 bugs!). Is that the only WAR you're getting?

These aren't error numbers; they refer to tickets created that we use to internally track crash bugs.

Ok, thanks. WAR-20029 is not the only WAR I have gotten since hotfix 6.4. I just recieved WAR-20190, I believe. I closed the window before I took note. Which reminds me, is there a file I can view that would show me the last WAR number I recieved? Browsing through the Local\Warframe\Crashes files I could not find the WAR number of my last CTD.

Coincidentally my crashes started occuring after hotfix 6.4. The same day I updated to nVidia's 314.07 drivers. Could this have something to do with it? I am probably guessing wildly here, but from the CTD's I have been experiencing I would say they were nVidia GPU driver (what I thought it was) or PhysX (as you stated) related.

Thanks for the info and any future insight, DEGlen. Much appreciated.

Edited by CitizenGiD

Hmm, WAR-20190 is also physics. You might be onto something. The crashes aren't in the GPU-accelerated path but can you please try disabling PhysX effects in the settings?

Sadly we don't track the WAR-numbers you've submitted; we should though!

I'll tell the PhysX guy here to update to those drivers.

Thanks for the heads up on the physics relation to my WAR-numbers. I will try disabling PhysX and see if I still CTD as often as I have been.

Edited for update on my CTD's: Haven't had a CTD this week with or without PhysX disabled. In the hours I have played this week the CTD's have disappeared. I have been mostly playing solo with the occasional couple online sessions. It seems like my CTD's were only happening in online sessions when things were pretty hectic last week. Despite still playing online occasionally I have not crashed to desktop since last weekend. I have not made any changes to my OS, drivers, or game settings (besides PhysX on or off).

Edited for another update: I was able to get myself another CTD finally. I had to enable PhysX and play in an online session on Outer Terminus, Pluto. A Frost player joined my session and I actually noticed something that might be playing into the physics related crashes I have been getting. The Frost used his Ult, and since the enemies died at the same time there was a great number of enemy corpses on the ground. The moment their bodies all started to disintegrate and create particle effects my PC CTD'ed.

I did not notice this coincidence before, but I firmly believe its the mass amount of disintegrating corpses creating particle effects at the same time with PhysX enabled that has been causing my numerous CTD's. I have been farming defense missions for mats/mods, and it is during these online sessions that I have been CTDing.

Hopefully disabling PhysX can be a stop-gap fix for me, and that this might help others experiencing similar situations.

Edited by CitizenGiD