Instant switch between primary/secondary/melee

Xikto

After the introduction of instant switch to melee, i think it is about time to do the same thing between primary and secondary.
this might as well be one of the reason that melee is used so prominently, no matter what you doing the moment you need melee, you can use it instantly, if the same thing could be done between primary and secondary they might get quite a bit more use and especially combinations, for example if i could combine different status effects on them to make my enemies easier to kill, but as of right now that is only easily do-able between melee and one of the primary or secondary, and with melee damage output being what it is, it is no surprise that primary/secondary have become status effect appliers and melee the dmg in many cases (well ofc AOE weaponry still has it's place at lower lvls), now consider doing the same thing between ur primary and 2ndary, let's say, i think it would be a decent idea to implement this.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

If this were to be implemented, how would mods that affect weapon swap speed such as speed holster and vigorous swap be changed to accommodate instant swapping between primaries and secondaries?

They'd either be retired or modified like other mods where the mechanic has changed or been removed. Most likely they'd just be removed and replaced with endo like how stamina mods were removed and replaced with fusion cores (the precursor to what would become endo)

In the case of vigorous swap it already has a primary behaviour with swap speed being it's secondary behaviour so you would probably just drop swap speed and depending on when the timer begins to count (if it's triggered at the start of the swap you might want to decrease it's active time, while if the timer starts at the end of the swap animation it stays as is) you might have to modify it's values a bit.

12 hours ago, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

If this were to be implemented, how would mods that affect weapon swap speed such as speed holster and vigorous swap be changed to accommodate instant swapping between primaries and secondaries?

The same way this works between melee and primary/secondary: buggy but working.

On 2021-06-14 at 6:08 AM, (NSW)Zergmaster999 said:

Honestly..... Just Scrap Them....

DE should delete them and return the Endo ....

On 2021-06-14 at 6:50 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I don't mind that there's swap speed, but I do mind that it seems to be capped at a pretty low ceiling.  In any case, I feel one swap mod should feel zippier than now, and two should be near instant.

I didn't know there was a cap.... But then again I've never tried to stack that effect before.... I mean who has that kind of Mod Real Estate ? 🤔

Archived